I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, March 2, 2024

More "Found Treasures", Saturday Snippets, 2024

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
And on SATURDAYS for Saturday Snippets!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 Welcome to Saturday Snippets....

Today, I will be sharing a few more "Found Treasures"...

 
In my last post, I shared the rest of my Saint Patrick's Day decorations in the Den along with a few crafts.....


 

 

 


Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
I want to THANK Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my post, Gifts, Friends and Valentine's Celebrations,  as one of her features from last week's Morning Cup of Joe Link Party!!
 
 
 
 THANK YOU SO MUCH, Andrea, for the feature and also for these very kind words!!! 
 
"Join Debbie Dabble for heartwarming tales and creative inspiration in Gifts, Friends And Double Fun. From thoughtful gifts to cherished friendships, Debbie shares her experiences with warmth and enthusiasm. Follow along with Debbie’s blog to discover creative DIY projects, home decor ideas, and heartfelt stories that celebrate the joys of life and friendship."
 
 
I also want to Thank Melynda, over at Scratch Made Food and Homemade Household, for also choosing my post,  Gifts, Friends and Valentine's Celebrations, as one of her features from last week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!
 
 

Thanks again, Melynda!!
 
Please stop by and link up to these lovely parties.....


And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

 
 For those who think that March means SPRING here in NEPA, THINK AGAIN!!! 
 
2 Record Breaking Blizzards both happened in March!!!
 

  The Blizzard of 93 on March 12th and The Blizzard of 2017 on March 15th!!!
 

 
 So Winter may be far from over here even though temps in the 50's- 60's are predicted for next week.....
 
 
Our Grand Twins turned 2 months old on the 29th....
 
They got to celebrate their 2 month Birthday on Leap Day!!
 
In case you did not notice my new Header picture!!
 
LOL!!
 
Getting ready for their photo shot!!



 The Princesses are now ready!
 

 

 My heart just melts looking at these 2 cuties!!!!


Every Friday during Lent, our Church is holding a Potato Pancake Sale...
 

 They are so good!!!!
 
We have been getting them every week and will continue to do so....


I want to share something I bought for myself....

We have an extensive collection of CD's that I really do not want to give up....

I do have a Nostalgic Stereo System in the Living Room but if I am out in the Den in the back of the house, I pretty much have to blast it....

Now I do have a portable CD player/Radio that I keep upstairs in the Sitting Room but it is a bit big and heavy to cart around the house....

When I did a search for CD players, I "Found" this treasure in Big Lot's!!
 
A small ( 4" by 8") CD Player/Radio!!


It weighs 3 pounds!!

It was $22 but I used a $5 off $15 coupon so it was only $17.....
 
And I love that I can now listen to music anywhere in the house that I want to without disturbing someone who watches countless TV reruns all afternoon.......
 
 
 I recently went through all the linens I stored in my Mother's Lane cedar hope chest.....
 
 For last week's Saturday Snippets, I shared my vintage linen and doily collection.....
 
 
 





  I also found my Collection of vintage pillow cases....

 I bought many of them at Estate Sales....

The pillowcases themselves are stained from the heads of the people who slept on them....

I did wash them in Borax as recommended by many articles I read when I googled how to clean them but to no avail.....

I can not wash them in bleach like I did with the doilies because of the embroidery and tatting on the edges of them....

So now I am looking for ideas on what else to do with them.....

But first let me show you them....


Love this color combination....

 
2 of these....


One of these....
 

 
 Look at the design on these....



This one is a bit strange....

It is open on both ends with the tatting on both ends.....


I only have one of this embroidered one.....


These are embroidered.....






 
Love this His and Hers set....
 


 
You can see how stained this set is,,,



 
 Love the roses!!


 
 
 
Love these blue embroidered ones.....
 

 

 
 I don't think these are too old but they are pretty!!!


 
 Now I can cut the ends off them and sew them on new pillow cases but no one would really get to see them.....

There are a few ideas  that I found on Pinterest that caught my eye....
 
Lisa, over at Fresh Vintage by Lisa S, shared this charming idea....
 

Laura, over at Laura Ingalls Gunn, shared this lovely apron!!
 

And of course, one can always make pillows....

Like this one....


This one....


And this one....


I have also seen them draped over shelves so the edges hang down....

This will be another project for the future, probably in the Summer when I am stuck in the house with the air conditioning blaring because of the heat!!!

 
 I also washed these....


This one is really pretty!!





A few more doilies and hankies.....




One other little project I did last week was while going through some things in the craft room to get a box of goodies ready to ship to a friend, I found my stash of cameos!!

Before I packed Valentine's away, I decided to add a cameo or 2 to a few things....

Like these candy boxes that I embellished many years ago....


I decided to add these cameos, that are actually buttons, to the heart boxes after cutting off the "hook" on the back of them....






 
 And also to this box...

 
 I also added some pink cameos to a few items in the Dining Room.....


 


And that wraps up this week's Saturday Snippets....

I hope to share some Easter decor in my next post on MONDAY!!!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY
 to see what I have been up to!!
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

9 comments:

  1. Good morning. Those embroidered items are so pretty and at my age I remember them well. If you're trying to get them clean, I've had good luck with OxyClean letting it soak for up to 24 hrs. I also recently used this tip: https://www.miraclebrand.co/blogs/news/get-body-oils-out-of-sheets for getting body oil smell out of our sheets. It really worked for me.
    That two months went by fast. Danielle must have fun dressing the girls. Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      I have tried OXYclean on them in the past but to no avail...Hopefully, I can find some time to repurpose them somehow.....Danielle does enjoy dressing the twins as she enjoyed also dressing the pups!! I finally broke down and bought a bunch of clothes for the twins...I was holding off to see what they needed and for Easter , I ordered a bunch of things on sale in larger sizes for next Fall and Winter including cute Winter coats...After all, they will not need Easter baskets with chocolate this first Easter....LOL!
      Thanks for dropping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  2. I love vintage linens and you have such a lovely collection! I have some of my gramma's and my mom's, but I am afraid the collection will end with me. None of my children are interested in such things.
    Your little princesses could not be more precious. What lovely little ladies! Such a blessing to your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie,
    The babies are just beautiful and it's such a joy seeing their sweet pictures.
    I've always loved using pretty pillowcases weekly on my bed. Both my sister and sister-in-law have given me sets trimmed in crochet, plus embroidery and cross-stitch. So special.
    Blessings, Linda 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for visiting again and for your kind words about the Twins....They are growing fast!! Glad you enjoyed seeing these sets... I wish that they were not stained but I am sure I will think of something to do with them...I hope you are having a good week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  4. Wow, you have a great collection of vintage linens!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your granddaughters are looking adorable as always. We have had really nice weather (well, rainy but warm at least!) but we have had some of our biggest snowstorms in March before too so I'm a bit skeptical that it will stay warm. I'm hopeful though! You have some really beautiful vintage linens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved seeing pictures of the girls!! I really liked the ideas you found to upcycle the pillowcases. Some of your small doilies may make tablecloths or curtains/valances for Nelson Crest. I cut up "wounded" linens to use the small motifs for doilies, shawls, and valances. Enjoyed seeing how you used the cameos; I have used some in my roomboxes/dollhouses as I also love them. I have my grandmother's that my uncle brought back from Italy after WW2 and I sewed one of my mother's earrings to a black velvet choker back in the day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Glad you enjoyed this post...I have already used a few small doilies in Nelson Crest....The black choker sounds beautiful!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...