Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
I
feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin
Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I
was....
I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
PINTEREST
A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
I
enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and
commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have
a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to
spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared what I call the sewing area of my newly reorganized and rearranged Craft Room....
Click HERE if you missed that post!!

One bag hold 2 pillows that I plan on making pillow covers for from Joe's hockey shirts that are hanging next to it.......

I was inspired by what I saw on Pinterest as far as creating pillows from a loved one's garments...
This is where my son's bed once was and the shelves above it were used to store a wealth of things....
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
Nothing to share today as I did not buy anything in the past week!!
For
almost 2 weeks, I diligently went through ALL, and I do mean ALL, my
craft supplies, deciding what I was keeping, deciding who or where I was
passing things on to and then reorganize my entire Craft Room....
After cleaning it.....
It was a daunting task but it had to be done....
After all was said and done, I was also able to remove one of the shelf units and rearrange furniture in part of the room....
I took 2 car loads to donate to a local church flea market and when I
went there around 1pm on the first day of the flea market, I was
thrilled to find that almost everything I donated was gone!!
I already shared how I decorated the Craft Room for Christmas this year ( I did not want to pack it all away and have to bring it out again 3 months later) because of the new furniture arrangement...
I am now going to share how I reorganized the closet and all my "Pretties" in this room.....
To finish up the practical use of the room, I want to share my newly reorganized closet ....
Years ago, to have some storage on the floor, we removed the second shelf in this closet and hung the bar from the top shelf because this was the closet that once housed all my clothes.....
This allowed to buy tiered hangers to hang my clothes on...
Because of my late husband's vast amount of postal uniforms he wore as a letter carrier, he took over the closet in our bedroom that is the exact size of this one....
After Joe passed away, I was able to move all my clothes, out of this closet and the Sitting Room closet, into the 2 closets in my bedroom....
There is only one shelf in this closet, where all my other closets like this one, have 2.....
A box of some packing foam and felt fabric....
I do store a few off Season pieces of clothing in this closet, especially longer ones as my bedroom closet has a double rod, which doubled the amount of clothes I can hang in there.......
Hanging in these bags are 2 wreaths that I need to do some repair work on....
To the left, I store 2 folding tables that can be brought out and set up in the room for extra work space....
And a sweeper....
Tubs on the floor....
Fall and Halloween crafts..
Patriotic crafts....
Ribbon......
I forgot to label this tub that is filled with all my greenery and flowers, even my Christmas ones....
White felt and cotton....
I also hung a bag of Buffalo Snow that I had stored behind my bed....

On the far left side of this closet, is a hanging purse/sweater organizer that I used for my purses.....
I actually have another one hanging in the cedar lined wardrobe of my Mother's vintage waterfall bedroom set that holds some of my shirts.....
Sphagnum moss on the first shelf....
These shoe box containers fit perfectly in this organizer....
Peach trims and grapevine balls....
Sachets, lavender and more glue guns.....
On the floor of this side of the closet.....
I had a lot of extra ornaments from my Seasonal Trees so I separated them by color and will see if I will use them when the holidays or seasons roll by either on Trees or in crafting....
If not, they will be donated for someone else to enjoy....
As I hopefully, complete some of the projects that I have planned and are now stored in this closet, more space in this closet should become available.....
And now to all my "Pretties".....
In my Craft Room, I wanted to be inspired so I decorated it in a sage green and pink color theme, which I find calming, and added a pretty wall paper border that I bought on eBay.....
I already shared the top of the shelf unit in my post on my Christmas decorations but I wanted to highlight what is hanging from the ceiling and what is on the wall......
A Guardian Angel Wind Chime that I did not want to use outside....
Hanging from a tea cup hook is a sign that I embellished.....
The chandy above my work table......
I disguised the chain on the pink swag lamp with a floral vine......
I then threaded the lamp through the center of an old chandy that I removed the electrical works from.....
I cut out roses from the border and applied them to the ceiling.....
Beads and tulle....
I bought the swag lamp at the estate sale of a neighbor for $10....
And wall planter....
When it was my son's room, it held DVD's and books.....
Storage was at a minimum as my son's rooms were only 8' by 10'.....
I placed lace scarves on the shelf....
And then displayed a bunch of green and pink items on the shelf.....
On the wall above it, is a Home Interiors picture.....
Fans and sconces bought at yard sales.....
A floral swag I made above the picture.....
On the other side....
Over in the corner.....
On the wall.......
More yard sale finds...
A magnetic board with magnets from places I traveled to......
This is where my son's bed once was and the shelves above it were used to store a wealth of things....
I decided to keep them up, thinking initially when I first converted this room over to a Craft Room, that I would use them for storage....
But I decided to use them to display some of my "Pretties"!!
I covered the shelves with vintage linen scarves....
The top shelf....
A pink birdcage, a bird and a candle light with a shade that I embellished....
A picture of my maternal Grandmother, pink and green Teddy Bear ornaments, an Angel and a heart shaped tea pot....
A Teddy Bear candle sits on top of a pretty box, a bird and another Angel that was a gift from a friend....
Bottom shelf.....
A candleholder, a bird, a doll head ornament and a vase....
The doll was a gift from a friend....
In the center is the amazing mini room box depicting my Craft Room that was gifted to me by my FB friend Angela, after I gifted her several boxes of craft supplies a few years ago.....
This mini room box is a True Work of Art....
And a treasure I will pass on to my twin granddaughters.....
Another bird, doll head ornament, bird and candle holder....
The window mirror under the shelves was also a flea market find....
By the door.....
An angel I bought at a craft fair hangs from a tea pot hook....
A Home Interiors mirror with a floral swag....
An antique wash board that I painted and embellished....
And that completes the tour of my newly reorganized and rearranged Craft Room....
It was a daunting task, not for the faint of heart for sure, and I am so thrilled it is done for now....
I hope to go through things, which should not be quite as bad, once a year after seeing what I used in the past year and decide again what I will keep and pass on....
I hope I gave you a bit of inspiration for your Craft Rooms...
Because this project and another one that I did not expect to do, which I will share in the future, I did not get to change over my Early Summer Hens and Roos Kitchen to my Late Summer Apples and Sunflowers theme....
I decided that it was too late to do as I will only be changing it over to Falloween in about 3 weeks...
I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY for my August Goals Update and to see what my Monthly Goals for September are.....
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:
Sweet Tea and Friends September Link Up Party starts September 1st
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!







No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!