-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared the "Pretties" .......
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
MUCH
THANKS to Melynda, over at Scratchmade Food! & DIY Homemade
Household, for choosing me, Debbie-Dabble Blog, as her featured Blogger
for the Senior Salon Pit Stop Link Party for this week and next week!


Thanks so much for this honor, Melynda!!
Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything...
Nothing really new as far as the food I have eaten or what I have made....
You all know I am so NOT a foodie!!
Last year, I joined a group of Bloggers who were setting Quarterly and Monthly Goals......
My Goals are more of a To Do List for each Season....
And I do so love my To Do Lists....
This year, I have decided to only do Monthly Goals.....
So how did I do with my monthly Goals for August???
These are the Goals from July that I pushed into August....
Put up the new shades in the bedroom that I ordered last Fall....NOPE!!!
Start
to straighten, reorganize and clean the storage shed that I rent to see
if I can drop down to a smaller one ..... NOPE!!!
Both of these I am pushing into October and hopefully, it will be cooler and not as hot and humid as the Summer was, which prevented me to getting these done...
Also what I did not get to do in July and pushed into August due to the humidity and heat and rain!
Trim the shrubs, forsythia and azaleas in my front yard....YES!!
Cut back the hosta flowers, weeds and some perennials on my slope and on my next door neighbor's yard on the slope....YES
Cut back Missouri Primrose and lamb's ear in flower bed by Court's mailboxes.....NOPE! It got too hot and then we had a lot of rain....Will do in September
Spent some time, if not too darn hot, on the front porch in the afternoon, reading....NOT REALLY
Spent some time in the evenings on the back patio, if not too hot, reading...NOT REALLY

I did spend some time on the front porch and back patio but only a few days in between the hot, humid and rainy days
Schedule car for an oil change......NOPE!
Schedule car for a wax and cleaning......NOPE!
I decided not to do this this year as the Craft Room reorganization took much more time than I anticipated and rather than try to get the Kitchen done in this theme for only 3 weeks or so, I decided to skip it this year...
Pack up my Roos/Hen and Bee decor in the Kitchen....NOPE!
Redecorate the Kitchen in my Late Summer/Early Fall Apples and Sunflower theme... NOPE!
Go through all my CD's and decide what to keep and what to donate or sell as I found a place who will buy them....NOT REALLY....
My son Joey has expressed an interest in some of them so this goal is still pending...
Go through all my DVD's and decide what to keep and what to donate or sell.....Same thing....
Make a wreath for my Craft Room using vintage sewing items....NOPE....pushed into September
Clean my 3 curios......NOPE!!
Social Goals
Attend my church's Cash Bingo with my son Joey on the 8th.... YES!!


Host my Senior Social Club's August meeting on the 12th.....YES!!



Attend a Lunch Out with friends from the Senior Social club at a local restaurant on the 25th...NOPE!!
I unexpectedly had to watch my grand pups but I needed some puppy loving more than I realized and it was good for my soul....
Our monthly Sunday breakfast at church is canceled for August because of vacations...
Personal Goals
On June 1st, I once again embarked on my Wellness Journey....
From June 1, 2022 to June 1, 2023 I was down 50 pounds...
Well,
in the last 2 1/2 years since my husband Joe became ill and passed away
from pancreatic cancer, I gained 18 of those pounds back....
Also in recent pictures, I noticed that I have also lost the muscle tone I had when I was walking and exercising every day....
SO........
I decided that I am going to try to lose 2-3 pounds a month but I am not going to pressure myself...
As my favorite You Tube personality
Arlynn says " I have the rest of my life to lose the weight"...
I am also going to try to do some sort of exercises daily but I am not committing to specific routine yet...
I know I will feel better, both physically and mentally and have more energy....
I am happy to be able to say that since June 1st, I am down 10 pounds and only 2 pounds away from the weight I was when Joe first became ill...
I just want to be the healthiest version of me that I can be.....
Slow but steady is my Goal even if it is only about 3 pounds a month, which will add up....
There was a lot more NOPE's after my Goals for August...
It
is a month when I need to give myself some Grace as there are a
lot of dates that correspond with the birthdays and wedding
anniversaries of lost loved ones along with the dates that my family
lost those loved ones...
August is a very rough month for me and my family....
Also in my defense, I did accomplish a huge project in August that I had not planned on doing at that time...
My sister gave me all the pictures and papers from my parents that she had at her house as she is doing a major purging of her home.....
I then went through everything she gave me and organized them....
And put the pictures in an acid free case that I bought several years ago.....
This then inspired me to go through everything that I had stored under my bed, which was a lot of my mother's pictures that I had taken out of her magnetic albums a few years back.....
Along with all the newspaper clippings and things that she saved ....
It became like a snow ball rolling down a hill and the project grew to me going through scrapbooks from my childhood up to when I got married along with all kinds of things I saved...
And YES, I remained ruthless, like I was when purging my Craft Room....
I looked at everything and thought what would my sons do with this when I died and the answer was...They would throw it all out!
LOL!
So that is what I did but I did pass on some things to people who I thought would appreciate them more than my sons would...
And I did keep some things for my twin granddaughters to look through when I am gone..
I will be doing a post on this eventually but I condensed 4 under the bed tubs down to 1!!
I still need to continue storing and organizing what I kept in this tub as I do have several acid free albums...
This project took me well over a week and a half in August, which is why I did not get to accomplish some other Goals but that is okay because this was a daunting task that I put off for the 22 years since my Mother passed away!!
To me, September is the start of Fall because September 1st is considered the start of Meteorological Fall....
So in September, a lot of Seasonal work will need to be done and that will be the end of a lot of my free time...
Goals from August that I pushed forward into September...
Make a wreath for my Craft Room using vintage sewing items....
Schedule car for an oil change......
Schedule car for a wax and cleaning.....
Decorate the front porch for Labor Day
After Labor Day, pack up all the Summer outdoor decor for the front porch and yard
Decorate the Front Porch for Fall
Pack away all the "Under the Sea" decor from the Living Room
Deep Clean the Living Room
Change out the summer drapes and curtains in the Living Room for the Fall/Winter ones
Change out all the Summer linens in the Living Room for the Fall/Winter ones
Have my son Jim remove all the air conditioners from the windows
Clean the windows in the Living Room, Bedroom and Den
Decorate the Living Room in my "Elegant Autumn" theme
Pack away my Tea Room decor ( still have to do posts on this) in the Dining Room
Deep clean and decorate the Dining Room for Halloween
Pack away the Summer decor in the Kitchen
Deep clean the Kitchen and decorate it for Fall/Halloween
Pack away my "regular" decor in the Powder Room
Deep clean the Powder Room and decorate it for Halloween
Decorate the doll house for Halloween
Start cutting back the perennials in the back yard...
Social Goals
Labor Day Family Celebration
Young at Heart Senior Social Club Fall Frolic Catered Party
Make the centerpieces for the Fall Frolic party
Attend my church's Fall Festival
My Personal Goal is to still work at losing 2-3 pounds a month...
And maybe once it gets cooler, to start doing a bit of walking...
Also make time to respond to comments and emails faster than I do!
These are the Goals that I have pushed into October....
Put up the new shades in the bedroom that I ordered last Fall....
Start
to straighten, reorganize and clean the storage shed that I rent to see
if I can drop down to a smaller one .....
Clean my 3 curios.....
Go through all my DVD's and CD's and decide what to keep and what to donate or sell.....
I am praying September is a nice cool month so I can get a lot of things done without sweating to death like I did all Summer....
And I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for my next post!!
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
And try to find JOY in every single day!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE
give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to
reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check
back......
I am linking up to these parties:
Sweet Tea and Friends September Link Up Party
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!