Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
I
feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin
Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I
was....
I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
PINTEREST
A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
I
enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and
commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have
a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to
spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Victorian Doll House, Nelson Crest, for Halloween.....
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
THANKS to Linda. over at Life and Linda, for featuring my blog post, Halloween Haul ad Crafts, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Linda!!
I also want to Thank Julie, from across the pond over at Sum of Their Stories, for choosing my blog post. Fall Front Porch, as one of her features from last week's Handmade Monday link Party!!
Thanks again, Julie!!
Please visit and link up to these lovely parties!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
I have been busy turning the Living Room over from the late Summer Coastal theme over to my Elegant Autumn Theme,....
I am decorating my seasonal Tree today so including today, it has taken me 7 DAYS!!
I also change over all the curtains/drapes, clean all the windows and change over all the linens to Fall , polish the furniture along with giving the room a thorough deep cleaning after the Summer.....
Will that being said, I was honestly not out shopping this past week....
Today, I am starting my tour of the Living Room, which I have decorated in what I call An Elegant Autumn theme for many years now....
Let's start at my front door, which is the only entrance into the house that we use.....
To the left of the door when you are looking at it from the stairs....
My late husband Joe pulled this pretty vase out of our garbage dumpster a few years back as one of my neighbors had thrown it away!!!!!
I changed the Summer arrangement out for this Fall one that I put together and I also used a lighted branch in it.....
On the marble topped plant stand that I thrifted many years ago.....
This hurricane candle holder was bought by my late husband Joe in Wegman's on clearance....
I filled the bottom with some autumn pumpkins and gourdes....
And wrapped a piece of orange velvet ribbon around the gold candle.....
An apothecary jar, which was a gift for m a friend, is topped with a bow, filled with Autumn goodies and surrounded with a fall candle ring and a few ornaments....
I changed out the curtains on the front door from a peach lace one for the Summer to my beige venice lace Fall/Winter ones.....
I hung a wreath I made on the front door.....
And also hung a scarecrow I made from the door knob....
When you walk in the front door, Joe's Grandmother's Hutch is to the left....
But I took it, restained it right here in this spot and added the mirrors to the back of it....
To the left side of the hutch....
This year, I wanted to bring more aqua into the color theme for the Living Room for Fall then I have other years....
So I decided to leave the aqua votive candles in the sconces instead of changing them out for gold ones like I did in past years.....
On the shelf under the sconce is a pumpkin I made from a roll of toilet paper many years ag0!!
Below it is a brass can with a Fall arrangement inside of it.......
There is a battery operated lighted branch in this arrangement.....
The cane was my son Joey's that he used as part of a Halloween costume when he was a kid....
That means I am taking my time and thinking about how I am decorating and what I can use when I shop my own house, trying not to buy too many new things...
I decided to leave out these gold churches, that were bought on clearance after one Christmas, year round...
I have been leaving them on the top of the hutch because of my white ceramic Angel collection inside of the hutch....
So the churches are a new addition to the display on top of the hutch this year....
Gold mercury glass candle holders with more gold candles wrapped with orange velvet ribbon....
I made these pumpkins a few years ago.....
And I added some leaves and acorns to the tops of 2 Dollar Tree aqua velvet like pumpkins
You can also see that there is a gold glittered bottle brush tree on the side of the church that I left out after Christmas.....
A Fall tree, glittered leaves and an owl in the center....
I apologize for the reflection of the antique mantel mirror.....
The angel ornament in the center was a gift from a friend.....
I keep my white ceramic Angel collection in this hutch year round....
I also have several pieces of Iris Herringbone depression glass displayed....
I decided to keep out several pieces of aqua glassware for Fall.....
I added some fall leaves to the top of the mantel clock that holds my husband Joe's ashes....
I added pumpkin crackle glass votives and a few orange velvet pumpkins to the top shelf....
Dollar Tree glittered pumpkins were added to the middle shelf.....
And a few pumpkins.....
On the right side of the hutch.....
When you walk in the front door, the stairs are directly in front of you.....
On the left side of the stairway.....
And put some pumpkins, pine cones and gourdes inside of the lanterns....
I bought this dapper Gentleman at a church flea market a few years back.....
On the right side of the stairs.....
A wreath I made quite some time ago and added a few brown ornaments to just a few days ago....
Hanging below the wreath....
On the stairs.....
I added a set of fairy lights inside of the orange glass pumpkin.....
I embellished the top of the green pumpkin.......
I bought this lighted Fall crackle glass ball in Big Lot's a long time ago....
Along with that gold pine cone.....
And this is where I am going to end for today....
I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY for my next post when I will be continuing the tour of the Living Room decorated in an Elegant Autumn theme....
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!











No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!