



Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
I
feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin
Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I
was....
I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
PINTEREST
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
I
enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and
commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have
a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to
spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared Part 1 of my newly reorganized and rearranged Craft Room.....
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
Thanks
so much to Barb, over at The French Ethereal, for choosing my blog
post, Late Summer Tea Room Buffet and More, as one of her features from
last week's Share Your Style Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Barb!!
And Thanks
to Cat, over at Cat's Wire, for choosing my Blog Post, Fairy Garden Mantel and Hidden Storage, as one of her features from last week's
Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!
Thanks so much, Cat!!
I
want to also Thank my Blogger friend from "Down Under", Joy, over at Days Filled with Joy, for choosing my blog post, Tea in the Garden Room and Tea Cup Collection, Sitting Room, 2026, as one of her features from last
week's Home Matters Link Party!!

Thanks again, Joy!
And as always, Thanks
again to my NJ Blogger friend, Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for
choosing my Blog Post, Tea in the Garden Room and Tea Cup Collection, as
one of her features in last week's A Morning Cup of Joe Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Andrea, especially for these very kind words!!
"Come take a leisurely little tour through
this charming sitting room filled with garden inspired treasures,
family linens and wonderful secondhand finds. The vintage teacup and
saucer collection is especially lovely… each shelf and corner feels as
though it has a sweet story waiting to be told."
Please visit and link up to all these great parties!!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything...
It is SATURDAY so I am supposed to share what I have been up to or where I went in the past week...
I was supposed to attend a Lunch Out with my Senior Club at a local restaurant but at last minute, I was asked to dog sit my grand pups....
Even though I missed a nice lunch, I really needed to spend some time with these sweet pups.....
Faye fell asleep in the chair that my late husband Joe used to sit in and she always sat there with him....
I often wonder if she wonders where he is as he always walked her when we used to walk them in the mornings before the Twins were born....
Azumi spent her time by my side....
Mimi needed to spend time with these sweet pups and get some puppy love.....
It was good for my soul....
Today, I am going to be sharing Part 2 of my Reorganized and Rearranged Craft Room...
I am starting where I left off in my previous post....
This area in my Craft Room is what I call the Sewing area....
So I am going to start with my late husband Joe's Grandmother's antique Singer sewing machine...
I placed a set of rolling drawers under the part of the sewing machine that becomes a table when you open it up...
Again, I went through ALL my craft supplies, decided what I was passing on and keeping and then had to rethink how I was storing what I had left and relabel everything....
Everything in these drawers were not here before......
Wood cut out ornaments....
The Gimp I did keep after passing on a whole large tub of it....
Tinsel wired garland and pipe cleaners....
I do actually use these drawers for storage.....
Snaps, hooks and eyes and other closures for sewing....
Elastic.....
Velcro....
On the floor in front of the sewing machine....
A vintage glass canister filled with thread....
A birdcage sits on the sewing machine pedal....
A parasol and a ceramic Victorian boot....
The drawers on the other side....
More thread....
Bias tape and seam binding....
Sewing needles and other items....
Did I ever mention that when I was in high school, I made most of my clothes and my sons never wore a store bought Halloween costume because I always made their costumes????
Another rolling drawer cart on the side of the sewing machine....
A small drawer unit on top....
Ribbon flowers...
More ribbon flowers....
Deco mesh.....

This is what this area of the room looked like before.......
And what it looks like now.....
I was able to get rid of the shelf unit that was in the corner......
I then moved this table.....
Over to the corner.....
Pretty much the same things are stored on the shelves but I did pass a few things on....
Books, instruction booklets and patterns....
More craft books.....
Storing tall items like yard sticks, paper rolls, etc here....
In my next post, I will be sharing all my "Pretties" in this room on the shelves....
My sewing table.....
This is how I had it placed before......
Now....
I made the cover, which matches the seats of the chairs in this room, for the sewing machine out of an old curtain panel.....
My Singer free arm sewing machine.....
I bought this pad a few years ago on Amazon that cushions the sewing machine and holds it in place.....
This table, that my sewing machine sits on, is very special to me.....
It is called a "kidney" table because of it's shape and my Dad made it for my Mom.....
She used it as a vanity table, which was the style back in the 40's, and used to attach a pretty fabric skirt to it.....
Pimterest photo
I painted it white and I glued a piece of trim around the edges to disguise the pin holes from the tacks used to attach the skirt to it....
I have a bright LED lamp over the table so I can see what I am sewing....
On the side of the table.....
An embellished tin can holds scissors and rulers....
That is the pin cushion my Mother bought for me when she taught me how to sew on her sewing machine when I was 10 years old.....
My Mother worked as a sewing machine operator in the Garment Industry from the age of 16 to 67 years old, with her last day at work being the day my Dad died , unexpectedly...
I bought the magnetic dish at Habor Freight because I thought it would be great for pins, even though it is meant for nails and screws....
One of the tissue covers that I used to sell when I was selling crafts on eBay and at local craft fairs....
This tray is actually part of the antique Singer sewing machine that was in a drawer and I painted it pink....
I bought this chair for $5 at a yard sale....
I painted it white.....
The bag holds some mending I need to do....
A pillow for my back.....

I reupholstered the seat like the chair by my work table , using a curtain panel....
And I also added a pink bed ruffle to the bottom of it...
To the right of the sewing table.....
I bought this shelf for $1 and painted it pink...
Those are containers from Herb Ox chicken broth cubes....
This pink vintage hamper , that holds all my fabric, used to be over here....
I was able to move it over to this wall....
Rolls of batting....
The top of the hamper....

And this is where I will leave off for today's post.....
I am really happy with how this room turned out and I am glad that I was able to pass on a lot of things I knew I was never going to use again...
I took 2 car loads to donate to a local church flea market and when I went there around 1pm on the first day of the flea market, I was thrilled to find that almost everything I donated was gone!!
Even though I was "ruthless" , like someone told me to be, when going through everything, I probably should have passed on more but I know I will in the future as I hope to go by the One Year rule.....
If I do not use it in a year, then I will pass it on...
I am thrilled with the amount of space in the room that I have gained because of being able to rearrange some furniture, especially at this end of the room!!
I hope you will stop by to visit again on
MONDAY when I will be finishing up the tour of my Craft Room and sharing my closet reorganization and all my "Pretties"!
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
And try to find JOY in every single day!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE
give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to
reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check
back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!