Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
I
feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin
Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I
was....
I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
PINTEREST
A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
I
enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and
commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have
a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to
spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared A Garden Tea Table in my Sitting Room....
Thanks to Marsha, over at Marsha in the Middle, for choosing my Blog Post, Late Summer Back Yard Cottage Garden Update, as one of her features from last week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!
Thanks so much, Marsha!!
I also want to Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market, for choosing my Blog Post, Late Summer Back Yard Cottage Garden Update, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe Link Party!!
Thanks again, Andrea!!
Please stop by and link up to these amazing parties!!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
It's SATURDAY and I am supposed to share any events I went to which for last week was only a Pastoral Council meeting at church...
It was a nice quiet week for me....
Today, I am finishing up my Tour of the Sitting Room decorated in a Garden theme for the Summer with the area that I call "The Library"!!
This is the room where I keep all my books....decorating books, Christmas books, novels I do hope to read one day and decorating magazines.....
I already shared that I keep my magazines in my faux fireplace......
In my last post, I left off here.....
This was my son Jim's room and I left up a long shelf that runs almost the length of the room.....
I displayed some of my tea pot collection and my collection of Brian Baker Houses that I bought a very long time ago in Boscov's....
The dresser scarves that I used on this shelf were made by my maternal Grandmother close to 100 year ago....
I bought the tea pots at yard sales , estate sales and church flea markets for about a $1 or $2....
As I mentioned before in previous posts, almost everything in this room was thrifted....
This "shelf" is actually 2 tables stacked on top of each other....
This small TV was my son Joey's and is perfect for this room as it is only hooked up to an antenna ( which you can see on top of the lamp) but brings in 26 TV stations!!!
I keep the lighted Angel up year round....
This year, I did a mixture of books and "Pretties" on this shelf....
This bookcase was a treasure that I thought I lost......
It was made by my Dad and I used it for my sons for toys and books......
I then forgot I gave it to my late neighbor Elly and was thrilled when I discovered it in her home when we were cleaning it out for her sons after she passed away!
I painted the frames white on these 2 Home Interiors pictures...
I had to turn the lamp (that was my Mother's) off because of the lighting....
This Christmas Tree, that I made, stays up all year long....
I embellished the lamp shade.....
That is a vintage Westmoreland milk glass wedding bowl....
Again, the dresser scarf was made by my maternal grandmother......
On these 2 shelves are mostly books I need to read or have read and want to keep.....
On the middle shelf is my collection of Golden books, mostly vintage, which will eventually go to my twin granddaughters.....
The bottom 2 shelves hold Christmas books and Christmas decorating magazines....
This shelf holds Christmas books including all of The Spirit of Christmas books.....
Vintage baby shoes that belonged to my neighbor Elly......
I bought this book case at a yard sale for $10 and painted it white....
In the corner.....
On top of the Curio.....
A pitcher with a floral arrangement I did in it....
A rack displaying more tea cups and saucers....
And a yellow dress form......
Inside the Curio is my collection of yellow depression glass and several Seraphim like Angels that my late husband Joe bought for me many years ago....
My Mother bought the ceramic show box for me....
These shoe boxes were bought at a yard sale....
The Nurse figurine was gifted to me by my "Big Sister" when I entered Nursing School....
A
"Big Sister" was a student nurse in the class ahead of you when you
entered school who was to help and guide you until you were familiar
with things at the school.....
I bought this swag lamp for $10 at the estate of a neighbor...
The drapes came from a church flea market
I used to have a single bed in this room but replaced it with this rocker/recliner.....
That was when I changed the name of this room from the guest room to the sitting room.....
In the corner by the closet.....
I left these shelves up on this side of the window that my son Jim had....
More "Pretties"....
A tea set gifted to me by my late friend Anne Marie and vintage fiesta ware cups....
Another pair of vintage baby shoes....
A vintage lamp with a lamp shade that I embellished....
Many years ago, I made this valance from a dust ruffle to hang above the closet door....
This is my husband's Christening gown, now 72 years old....
Both my sons wore it....
The table was a $5 yard sale find that I again painted white....
A vintage lamp with a lamp shade that I embellished....
A vintage hobnail basket and matching shoe.....
Minerva......
She is wearing my late neighbor Elly's wedding dress that her sons were going to throw out!!!!!
I returned this room to it's normal garden theme after packing away Christmas decor back in June and it will stay this way until I decorate it again for Christmas in October as the upstairs is the first to be decorated for Christmas.....
I also went through and reorganized the closet which is where I was storing all my Christmas Craft supplies and seasonal drapes, throws and linens.....
I will be sharing what I now have stored in here in my next post which will be my August Rudolph Day post on TUESDAY so I hope you will come back to visit then as I will also be showing my Christmas decorations in the Craft Room....
Yes!!
You did read that right!!
There will not be a new blog post on MONDAY this week but my August Rudolph Day post on TUESDAY, the 25th!
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!











No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!