Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
I
feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin
Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I
was....
I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
PINTEREST
A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
I
enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and
commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have
a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to
spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared my Labor Day Front Porch and how I trimmed the shrubs and azaleas...
Click HERE if you missed that post!!
MUCH THANKS again to Melynda, over at Scratchmade Food! & DIY Homemade Household, for choosing me, Debbie-Dabble Blog, as her featured Blogger for the Senior Salon Pit Stop Link Party for last week and this week!
Thanks so much for this honor for 2 weeks in a row, Melynda!!
Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
I did actually but a few things the other day and I will be sharing them a bit later in this post as you can see by the title!!
HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!
As a former RN who stayed working in direct patient care for 41+ years, I had to work many a Labor Day!!!
I hope you were able to spend it with those you love !!
I have had quite a week with dealing with the plumbing issue I mentioned in my last post, which is still not resolved....
Having to then rip up the Peel N Stick floor in my upstairs bathroom and try to get all the adhesive off the floor under it....
Then there was a fire at one of our Catholic Grade Schools....
That is our Bishop Joseph Bambera on the right and Father Gerry Shantillo on the left..
2 class rooms are destroyed and the building sustained smoke and water damage...
Our new priest Father Micheal is a teacher at the school and not only had a mass for everyone involved at our church but has offered our Parish Center, which has 8 class rooms downstairs and our hall with an industrial Kitchen to use as a "school" for the students until they can go back into their school building....

It may be until the end of the year until their school is ready to accept students again...
My Young at Heart Senior Group holds our meetings in the hall and we can not be there when the students are there as no one without clearances will be allowed in the Parish Center when the students are there so we had to reschedule a catered Fall Frolic party for this coming Wednesday and get in touch with all 30 members who paid....
It amazes me how many people do not check their emails or phone messages!!
Long story short, after 2 days of contacting the caterer, changing the time to 4:30 pm, contacting people who already paid, people who can now make the later time wanting to now attend and trying to reschedule meetings for the remainder of the year, which we are still working on, it was stressful and chaotic!!
I was constantly on the phone....
Long story short, we are set for Wednesday's catered Fall Frolic Party at a later time as it is still light out until around 7 pm.
That will not work for the next few months as many of our members do not drive in the dark so we need afternoon meetings...
With all that being said along with I am hosting my Family Labor Day celebration today, this post is sort of thrown together with a Hail Mary being said!!
I did do some Falloween crafting during the days that the dew points were in the tropical zone with rain here in NEPA.....
I bought the tri colored table top stacked pumpkins at Dollar Tree for the centerpieces for the tables at the Senior Social Club's Fall Frolic......
We will be chancing these off at the party...
I am happy with how they came out....
I was then inspired to give one of the larger stacked pumpkins, that I bought at Dollar Tree several years ago, a fresh new look....
I had originally used it on the front porch but last year, used it inside but you can see it is looking a bit worse for wear!
I glued the leaf garland down, added a bow and ribbon and added some acorns......
Much better, don't you think???
I spray painted it black, using paint from my stash......
And placed this Halloween card in it for now.....
I may find I have something better in my stash when I unpack my Halloween decorations.....
And I may dabble more with the frame....
Now I will share a Falloween Haul......
I bought these potion bottles at Dollar Tree for $1.50 each.....
My original intention was to use them as favors for my Halloween table at our church's Harvest Tea....
But we canceled it for this year because of other commitments so I may use them in my Kitchen instead....
Dollar Tree does still actually have some things for $1.00!!!
I bought this orange and black tinsel garland to use on my 6 ft. pencil thin Tree that I will be using in the Dining Room for my Halloween Tree....
I also bought these for $1 each to use somehow on that Tree.....
I am passing on my table top silver tree that I used for many years as my Halloween Tree in the Dining Room....
This will save me time when decorating for Christmas as the 6 ft. Tree will already be set up.....
I was going to try to make my own Halloween pictures, which are the rage on Social Media as I figured that our Dollar Tree stores would not have these....
Well, Lo and Behold, when I stopped in the Dollar Tree 5 minutes from my house the other day as I was looking for orange round tablecloths for the Senior Club party, I found they had them!!!!
I grabbed the orange ones.....
I may add a few bats in the sky to this one...
I was lucky enough to find these for only $1.50 a piece because when I went back a few days later, still looking for orange tablecloths, all that were left was the green background ones....
These type of Halloween pictures sell of a lot more in other stores...
I was also looking for these metal signs to use possibly out on my Front Porch.....
I then went to Dollar General , looking for Fall napkins as Dollar Tree did not have them and I found some for only $1 a packet of 16!
I also saw these pretty velvet pumpkin stakes.....
I bought 2 of each color at $3.00 each BUT they were on sale for Buy One, Get One at 50% off for ALL Fall merchandise....
These are much more expensive in Hobby Lobby and Michael's....
They also have $1 items and I bought the spiders for the Dining Room Halloween Tree and the small broom has an amazing Pumpkin Spice scent!!!!
I bought a packet of acorns, for $1, that I used on the stacked pumpkins so I got the broom for only 50 cents as part of the Buy One, Get One for Half Price Fall Sale...
That will still be in effect til Sunday when their new circular comes out so if you are interested, you have until Saturday to cash in on the sale....
I want to share one of the sure signs of Fall at my house....
The tree in the yard across from me has started to turn colors about 2 weeks ago.....
By the middle of October, it will be a blaze of red and orange .....
We are finally getting some cooler more Seasonal Weather....
I am loving those 50's in the mornings as I have to get up in my attic to start getting my Fall decorations down....
I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY for my next post!!
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......
I am linking up to these parties:
THURSDAY
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!













No comments:
Post a Comment
I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!