-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In my last post, I shared A few Falloween crafts and a Haul....
Thanks so much, Angie!!
Please visit and link up to these wonderful parties!!
And now for a few Personal Notes...
For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts....
On THURSDAYS,
I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local
cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any....
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything...
Since it is THURSDAY, I will be sharing some food a bit later on in this post....
We had our Family Labor Day Celebration actually on Labor Day for the 1st time in 2 years....
My son Jim has not been able to find a job yet but is using this time to spend with his wife Danielle and his twin daughters....
Danielle is actually able to pick up extra time now that she does not have to hurry home so Jim can get to work and Jim is making some money online doing reviews, etc...
And since he is no longer working the grueling schedule where they were like ships in the night passing, they were able to come over on the actual Holiday....
I do believe that God works in mysterious ways and this time may be looked back on as a Blessing...
I set a very simple table because it was quite a week for me and I am happy to report that the plumbing issue I spoke about in my last post, is resolved and I have a working upstairs toilet now and I did not have to remortgage my house to paid for it!!
Paper plates!!
And as aways with all of our family dinners, since my husband Joe passed away, Joe's special candle was lit as we know he is with us in spirit.....
I served cheeseburgers, hot dogs, mild Italian sausage patties, mac N cheese, loaded baked potato salad, chicken bites, corn on the cob and ice cream.....
Jim and Danielle....
By this time, Joey was resting in the Living Room because he could not move after eating too much!!
My adorable twin granddaughters get the biggest kick out of eating corn on the cob....
Lily by the lamp and Gigi....
Little Faye trying to get something to eat....
Lily
They were thrilled when Mimi cut a large ear in 2 so each of them could hold it....
And again, the twins love looking at the pictures....
I love this picture of my Jim with his girls.....
He is such a great hands on Dad and this time he now has with them before he finds another job is a Blessing.....
The next day a friend of mine came and fixed my upstairs toilet so I then put my bathroom back together....
I do have to work on the floor up there, removing the adhesive from the floor I had to rip up, but the temps. and humidity have gone back up so that is on hold for now....
On Wednesday, the Young at Heart Senior Social Club, which I am President of, held a Fall Frolic , celebrating September.....
This was a challenge as we needed to move the time to 4:30pm from 12:30pm, call everyone who paid for the catered event and then set up in our Parish Center, which is currently being used for classes as one of the local Catholic Grade Schools had a fire and can not be used for awhile....
Here are a few pictures that were posted on the Diocese of Scranton's FB page showing my church being used for the students as a temporary school....
The older students are using the Hall for classes and all are having lunch there too...
The younger students are using the 8 classrooms that we have downstairs, which we use for CCD and rent one larger room out for Community meetings....
And the area behind the church, which is connected to the Parish Center by a hallway, is perfect for recess, as there is a back door that has a handicapped accessible ramp out to the outside.....
So you see that our Parish was the perfect place for Grades 1-8 to come to and use as their school until their school can be repaired after the fire, which they are hoping will be by the end of this year....
Father Michael asked us not to disturb the set up in the hall so we didn't and worked around it...
We used 4 round tables with 8 chairs around them for our dinner tables....
Can you beleive that I went to 3 different Dollar Tree stores looking for orange or gold tablecloths and none of them had any???
So I got white ones and used leaf place mats, that I had, to place the Stacked Pumpkin Topiaries that I created as centerpieces, on.....
Our Secretary Lucy reading the minutes from the last meeting in August....
The event was catered by one of our parishioners, Mike, who owns The Anthracite Cafe and the Scratch Kitchen, which is open for breakfast and lunch.....
Changing the event to 4:30 pm enabled Father Michael, our new priest, to attend as our special guest....
Green beans almondine and roasted red potatoes.....
Baked ziti with meatballs and chicken francese......
Beef tips with mushrooms in gravy....
Macaroni salad...
We have a heating table that all the hot food went on....
You can see that we worked with the arrangement...
I think a good time was had by all because people lingered til around 7 pm.....
I brought this pumpkin topiary from home for the desert table....
Our members brought cookies, cup cakes and then we had brownies with a scoop of ice cream, whipped cream and chocolate syrup drizzled on top.....
Sorry I forgot to get a picture of that...
And we always have sign up sheets for different things....
Even though there was a lot of chaos in changing the time and contacting everyone, we pulled it off and all went well....
Thank Goodness!!
Did I mention that I am a bit tired this morning as it has been a busy few days?????
I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for my next post....
Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!
And try to find JOY in every single day!
Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!
If you do not have a blog, PLEASE
give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment. If I can not find a way to
reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check
back......
I am linking up to these parties:
Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
Gigi and Lily look like they are really enjoying the corn -- they are adorable. When my son was little, he called corn on the cob "corn bones" and chicken drumsticks were "chicken bone steaks." It's great that Jim can spend more time with the twins -- they all look so happy together. Your Fall Frolic was well-attended and wow, what a lot of food. It's nice that members of the group bring desserts. And it is wonderful that the bathroom plumbing problem is fixed -- now to redo the floor!! Have a great day.
ReplyDelete