I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, February 24, 2024

"Found Treasures", Saturday Snippets, 2024






 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Welcome to Saturday Snippets!!
 
Today, I will be sharing some "Found Treasures"....
 
My vintage lace linen, doily and dresser scarf collection....
 

In my last post, I shared my dear friend Anne Marie's Home decorated for Valentine's with a bit of Winter....

 


 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 
This past week, I decided to go through my collection of vintage lace doilies, table cloths and runners and dresser scarves....

 I kept them stored in my Mother's vintage cedar Lane hope chest.....

I acquired all of them from my mother, estate sales and many were gifted to me by a friend who had cleaned out her mother's home and did not want them....

I washed all of them using bleach and then ironed them....

For 6 hours over 2 days!!!

YEP!
 
I call them "Found Treasures" because truth be told, I had forgotten what I exactly had and how much of it!!!

Okay, let's start with the tablecloths......

Isn't this one a beauty!!!

 
I got this one from an estate sale.....



 
 It will cover my Dining Room table but with little to spare so I am thinking of using a solid tablecloth underneath it.....

 
 Look at this one.....

 
 A crocheted one.....
 
 
 
Again, from an estate sale....


It also will fit my Dining Room table and I also plan to use a solid colored tablecloth underneath it.....

And of course, since we use our Dining Room table daily, I will cover these with a plastic cover to protect them when I use them.......


Table Runners, which are not vintage but  Martha Stewart ones from about 15-20 years ago... 
 
 
 
These are both white so I am passing one on to my friend Anne Marie....


This one is an ivory one....
 
 
 
 
 
These are vintage...

 
 Love this table topper....
 
 
 
 
This one has a tear that I am going to try to mend....
 
 
 

   

 
 
This is a set of 3.....




A runner or scarf as they referred to them back then.....



 
 A half moon scarf in what I think is a pineapple pattern....
 
 
   
I am going to let the pictures do most of the talking....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 
I believe these were to go over the backs of chairs .....

 
"They were called The antimacassar, now considered a type of doily, and were particularly meant to protect chair backs from the popular but greasy Macassar hair oil."
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 More scarves....

 
 



 
 

Check out these heart ones.....





I really need to come up with something to do with those crocheted ones!!!

Maybe pillows....

Any ideas???




Smaller ones....







And these dresser scarf sets.....

Eyelet fabric originated in the Czech Republic in the Victorian Era and later came to be used in Europe.
  
"Eyelet lace is not only elegant but also much more durable than any other lace."



 
A set of 2....


 
 Just one of these....

 
 The only thing I could think that this is would be a mantel scarf????
 


I have used it on the mantel of my faux fire place in the upstairs Sitting Room....

I have checked prices on Ebay and a lot of these are going up in price with the resurgence of Cottage style and the new name "Cottagecore and Grandma Chic"...

I bagged them all and labeled the bags as now I know what I have....







They will go back into the cedar chest but I did use quite a bit of them in the Den....

I stripped the China Cupboard and the 4 ft. pathway Tree on the side of it down so I could decorate this area for Saint Patrick's Day....

I took the lace doilies, which were mostly new ones, off and replaced them with vintage ones.....

On top of the china cupboard....

I left the newer Victorian style one with the fringe there....

 
I covered the blue velvet hat box up with a round doily....

I used 2 of the scarves and the half moon one here inside of the china cupboard....

 
 I used 2 identical ones on the top and middle shelf....
 

 
 And the half moon one on the bottom shelf....
 
 
 
 On the vintage suitcases, at the bottom of the china cupboard....

 
I again used 2 of the same kind of scarves....
 
One on the bottom one....
 
 
 
And the second one on the top vintage suitcase......
 
 
I used the rectangular one with the rip in it to cover this book box.....

 
The rip is in the back....
 
And I used a round doily on the pedestal.....


You can see that I was starting to decorate the inside of the china cupboard for Saint Patrick's Day......


So please come back on MONDAY as I start to share how I decorated this area in the Den for Saint Patrick's Day.....


 
Along a bit of Saint Patrick's Day" dabbling"....


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!   
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 





12 comments:

  1. What a beautiful collection! And perfect to showcase them on a red background so every detail will show. I use the "trick" of a solid color tablecloth under my lace tablecloths, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Sunday Debbie,
    Wow! You have amassed so many lovely tablecloths and doilies of different sizes and designs. How much fun to choose what treasure to use where. Enjoy!
    Since my embroidered tablecloth fits just the top of my table, it's layered over a pink one. At Christmas I used my Mother's small lace cloth over a large plaid one. I really like the layered look.
    I hope you're having a nice weekend!
    Blessings, Linda 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I think the layered look is lovely!! Can not wait to use those 2 on my table...But since we do eat there every day, I will be covering them with the plastic cover...On Saturday, I will be sharing my vintage pillow case collection.... I will be looking for ideas on how to display them because they are soiled from use ( where heads were) and I want them to be seen and not hidden on a bed....I hope you are having a great week!! Temps on the 50's but will be plummeting back down to the 20's shortly...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Beautiful doilies. I have used some in quilted table runners. They offer a unique look and help to preserve the doilies by making them a little more hardy than fragile.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recognise quite a few of those crochet patterns from my nan's collection, beautiful. The oval shaped doilies with the almost catherine wheel style border and the same border design as an old doily that I upcycled just a few months ago. The doily I had was fabric in the centre with the star/flower border around it, I assume someone clever was able to adapt the pattern. How lovely that you are looking after these all so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful collection of vintage doilies and lines you have, Debbie! I have some myself that I've started to pull out and find ways to use.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That lace work is lovely and I can definitely envision that in your home. What terrific finds.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The mantel scarf reminds me of curtain valances which my great aunt made and used at her home. The lace appears to be tatted. Is the deep hem towards the back actually open so a rod could slide thru?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I initially thought the same thing but both sides are sewn shut so i did use it as a mantel scarf in my faux fire place and it looked nice!! I hope you are having a great day!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. The tablecloths, runners and doilies are just gorgeous and so elegant!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie - Do you sell any of these in your booth in Manchester, Vt?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by but you must have me confused with someone else because I do not live in Vt nor do I have a booth anywhere...Have a great day!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...