I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, February 5, 2024

Winter/Valentine's Hutch and Entry in the Living Room, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today, I will be continuing my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Valentine's with a bit of Winter thrown in, which is new for this year....

 
In my last post, I shared my Winter Beverage Bar in the Kitchen....

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
I want to Thank Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Winter Kitchen Tree and Hutch, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity Link Party!!!
 
 

 Thanks so much, Linda!!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!
 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
  I want to share a few pics of our Twin Granddaughters.....

Joey, Jim, Danielle, the Twins and the pups came over Saturday....
 
It was the first time we got to see the Twins in person since they came home from the hospital!!
 
Jim, who is on paternity leave, is helping Danielle with the babies and they are doing such a great job that there is no need for any other help!!
 
Kudos to them!! 

Funny thing is that the Twins will be 5 weeks old and when Jim was 5 weeks old, I had to go back to work, full time, as I used all my time off before I delivered him because I had to stop working 6 weeks earlier...
 
I would have had to pay the full price of my monthly health care premium, which I could not afford at the time....

I am so happy that things have changed and they can get to spend this important time with the Twins!!!

Me holding Gianna....


Joe holding Gianna....


Liliana and Uncle Joey.....


First time Joey ever held a baby.....

Danielle and Gianna....


The Pups!!

 
They love their new sisters!!

 
They do have to keep Azumi away because she keeps trying to "kiss" them!!

 
And Faye is always "checking" on them....


Gianna woke up when they were getting ready to leave....


Lily was still sleeping....
 



I also want to share my first Mimi gifts from Jim, Danielle , the Twins and the pups!!!


A tote bag....


An ornament....


A zippered pouch.....


A Mimi Brag book half filled with pictures of the twins and pups.....


They could not find a mug that said Mimi but this one is just fine!!!


And this fabulous Throw that is so incredibly soft!!!!


I LOVE all the sayings on it!!!!!



 

 


 My favorite!!


Like my Mother before me always said, " No one is ever going to call me Grandma!!
 
We had a wonderful afternoon!!!!!
 


Truth be told, I had to split this post in two as there was too much to share in one post.....
 
 The Living Room is decorated in a red and gold color scheme for Winter/Valentine's......

Let's start at the front door....

 
A Dollar Tree sign I embellished and a Valentine's fan that I made......


 To the right of the front door.....


On the marble topped plant stand, is a hurricane style candle holder......


On the bottom shelf....


 To the left when you walk in.....
 
 
 
 On a shelf on the side of the Hutch......
 
 
 
 I placed the battery operated votive candles, which operate on a timer of on 6 hours and off for 18 hours, in the glass votive cups of the sconces.....
 
 
 
 I ordered 2 sets of these using an Amazon gift card that my son Joey gifted me for Christmas....
 
I love the way they look in the evenings...

 I left out gold bottle brush trees from Christmas.....
 
 
 
 And added a Valentine's bottle....


You will be seeing a lot of red velvet roses used in my vignettes in the Living Room,,,,,

Below this shelf, I just kept some winter greenery here....

 
 
 
 I wanted to do the Hutch a bit differently this year and bring in some Winter elements because after all, Winter does not leave NEPA until the beginning of April!!
 
We have had some of our best snow storms and Blizzards in March!!!
 
 Honestly, I am not looking forward to Easter being early this year on March 31!!!
 
These pictures popped up on my FB memories from a year that I did not have enough time to decorate for Valentine's because I was ill for several weeks right after Christmas.....
 



I liked the deer and Winter decor and these pictures gave me an idea.....

 I used this in the Dining Room for Christmas and I decided to leave it out!
 
 
 
 One of the reasons why I left it out was because Joe bought this companion piece on Clearance for 75% off in Big Lot's.....
 
 
 
 With a coupon, it was only $3.60 and it does light up!!

 I also moved these deer, that were in the Dining Room Hutch for Christmas and then in the Den for Winter originally, in to the Living Room.....
 
 
 
And this is how the Hutch looks this year....


Instead of moving all the things that I normally keep in the Hutch back in after Christmas, I decided to have a red, white and gold theme in the Hutch for Winter/Valentine's....

I went with more of a Winter theme on the top of the Hutch....


I hung white snowflakes on the garland on top of the antique mantel mirror.....


A gold mercury glass candle holder, a star and one of the deer are on each side....


I placed the deer and white tree piece in the center....


With a Valentine's sign hanging on the top of the Hutch and a red velvet rose swag in the back.....

Red rose ornaments are on each side of the deer....


I was happy with this change...



 This is how the inside of the Hutch looked last year....

 
And how it looks this year..........


 I did not use any of the aqua pieces and Iris Herringbone depression glass pieces that I usually have in the Hutch at this time of year....


I placed the new deer piece in the center of the top shelf with a red bottle brush tree, left out after Christmas, behind it!!!


The red and gold large ornaments, that I place in candlesticks for Christmas on the shelves on each side of my faux window, are now placed inside of gold mercury glass bottles.....


My collection of white angels are displayed in this Hutch.....
 
On the middle shelf, I moved a set of 3 white mica coated angels back in to the Hutch from the Dining Room after Christmas, using 2 of them on this shelf....


Joe bought these after Christmas in Ocean State Job Lot on Clearance....
 
 

I decided to use this red one.....



Again, on the bottom shelf, I added red and gold rose ornaments, red votive candles and the 3rd mica coated angel.......


Along with gold glittered pine cones....



I am glad that I decided to add a touch of Winter to the Hutch this year......



The shelf on this side of the Hutch is decorated the same as on the other side.....



A piece of Valentine's ephemera was hung on the sconces....




On the stairs.....


I decorated the lanterns with red velvet bows and red and gold ornaments inside....

 
A red velvet wine bag that I embellished.....

 
 
 
The other side of the stairs.....



 
A wreath I made a few years ago.....


I also made the heart sign on top.....


Always "Follow your Heart"!!

Joe bought the llama sign for 90% off last year.....



I decorate this chair for every Holiday and Season......



I embellished these candy boxes many years ago......




I left the lanterns under the chair the way I decorated them for Christmas as they have more of a Winter vibe.......


 I added a red bow and red tassels to the tops of them......
 
 
 
 

 
  I added a red velvet rose swag to the top of the curio and I want to point out the Peacock pick and that I hung the beautiful ornament, from Macy's in NYC that my nieces gifted me, here also....
 
 
 
 
 
I hung this sign that I embellished over a mirror.....


An angel on the side of the curio....



I clipped a vintage Valentine's card to the angel.....


I did decorate a bit in the hallway to the Kitchen and Powder Room.....

I hung a simple evergreen swag with a bow I made from 2 different Winter ribbons above of the coat closet doors.....

 
On the mirror between the closet and Powder Room....

 
I hung 2 wreaths that I made.....
 

 
 I hung a sign that Joe bought in Big Lot's for 90% off in the center of this one.....

 
The bows match the one on the swag.....
 
 
 

 
 This is a Dollar Tree sign in the center of this one that a wrapped with a red and black plaid ribbon.....



And this is where I will leave off for today.....

In my next post on THURSDAY, I will be sharing the rest of the Living Room decorated for Valentine's.....






So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

9 comments:

  1. Well, the decor is beautiful, as always, but the babies and puppies and Mimi gifts, oh my!! You are truly blessed. And boy oh boy those girls are going to have a ball at your house, decorating and crafting and I can only imagine the day they see Nelson Crest!! You are going to be their favorite place to visit!! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love how you go all out for every holiday Debbie! The winter looks great, those deer are perfect! Now, let's get down to business... your granddaughters are so precious! I love that the pups are so watchful too, I bet they enjoy spreading their kisses and can't wait to give them to the babies too. Love your Mimi gifts, how thoughtful! Winter does have that way of lingering around here, but I do not always mind it so much. Have a wonderful week my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a Mimi, too! I was trying for gramma, but my oldest grandson named me when he was about 18 months old and it has stuck. Now the older ones call me Meem, short for Mimi? I love all the swag ! I think my grands need to step up their game! And how important is that brag book with these little princesses! What a precious time for all of you! I am just bursting with happiness for you!
    You might remember I have the "llama" room, my Christmas guest room for the kids. I leave the bedding until Spring. I obviously need the I need a llama love sign! If I can't find it, I am going to try to make my own!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, those mimi gifts are so wonderful! It sounds like you all had a fabulous time together. I think my husband took maybe 2 or 3 days off when my first was born (we were in the hospital for at least 2 before I even delivered and then he was home with us for the weekend when we brought him home and he went right back to work)... and I'm pretty sure he took even less time off with the other two. I honestly don't remember much other than being so darn tired! LOL.

    You house is certainly ready for Valentine's day! I love that those votives all work off a timer. I switched to battery operated ones years ago but I rarely remember to even bother to turn them on.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for letting me know about your twin babies on my blog. I am so happy for you. They are BEAUTIFUL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your home is absolutely lovely, Debbie! And, all of your Mimi regalia is adorable as are the twins. I started out as Grammy but became Granny. That’s ok as long as I wasn’t Grandma Banks…that was my MIL…and, I am definitely not her!

    https://marshainthemiddle.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well you are certainly ready for Valentine's Day, Debbie. Thanks for sharing your creative decorating ideas at Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, the babies are beautiful. Congratulations Deb! And I love all the Mimi gifts! Being a grandma is the most amazing thing ever and there are never enough hugs before they go home :) Enjoy your little blessings
    xoxo,
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  9. Debbie, the babies are just precious. The Mimi gifts are so nice and everyone looks so happy. I enjoyed reading the post and looking at the photos. Congrats on being a Mimi.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...