I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, February 22, 2024

Anne Marie's Vintage Winter/Valentine's Home Tour, 2024

 

 


 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
And on SATURDAYS for Saturday Snippets!

 As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today, I will be featuring my dear friend Anne Marie's Home decorated for Valentine's with a bit of Winter....

 
In my last post, I shared my Winter/Valentine's Home Tour with a new tablescape and a craft.....





 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 Thanks to the hosts of Family Feature Week from last Month's You're the Star Blog Hop for choosing my post, Twins and Winter at Nelson Crest, as one of the features!!!


Thanks so much, Michelle, over at Mom's are Frugal, Lisa, over at Lisa's Everyday Life,
 Fiona at Dolly Dowsie and Kris at Kris and Larry.com!!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!


If you love antiques and vintage pieces then you are going to love seeing my dear friend Anne Marie's Home....

This year , she decorated it mostly for Valentine’s Day and a little bit of  Winter

If you missed Anne Marie's Christmas Home Tour, please click HERE!!!

 The rest of the post is in Anne Marie's own words.... 


  I really haven’t decorated for Valentine’s Day in a few years....

 I had been doing all Winter after Christmas....

 So this year, I changed it up

 



My Hall Tree at Christmas......
 
 

 Now...
 

  
I added vintage Valentines to the top of the Hall Tree......
I also changed it out by adding antique ice skates....
 

 
 
 
 The lantern is an antique ice skating lantern........ 
 

 
I also added an antique postcard with ice skaters.....
 


I took out the chair that was in the corner behind my sofa and I put a round table there instead....

 On top, I have a book of love, a glass bottle (years ago from Michael's) and a heart that Debbie made for me
 
 
 
 I changed the little table by the cellar entry to hearts


In the Living Room, not many changes.....
 
 The Side by Side....

 
The two tables next to the side by side...
 

 
 I changed from Santa's to vintage white deer, bottle brush trees and antique Snow Babies with a few red elves......
 
 
  
The antique postcard shows Snow Babies on a sleigh!


The Organ at Christmas.......
 
 
 
  I added a spray of glittery snowflakes by the mirror.
 
 
 
 I switched out the Rudolph music sheet for Frosty the Snowman..... 
 

This music was also my Mom’s....
 
The elves stayed put but I added a few hearts.....
 

 And I crafted again and made this small heart box.....
 

The Wall Unit at Christmas..... 

 
 
I only slightly changed two of the cubbies in the wall unit....
 
  I added a vintage snowman and vintage phrase card to this vignette.
 
 

 
I changed out the framed postcards to snowmen and in the middle a sleeping snow baby....
 
 
 I also added two smaller vintage snowmen
 
 


  I put these snowmen and vintage bottle brush trees on the table next to the wall unit.
 

 The middle snowman is vintage.....

 
The Dining Room
 
On top of the Victrola.....
 

 
  I left the poinsettia and the moose cups but added a Cupid...
 

 
 And on the key of the Victrola is the Valentine envelope Debbie made me....

 
 
 
 
  On the mantle of the fire place, I left the poinsettias.......

And added a snowman in the middle ......

 

  With some snowball sprays in either side and a vintage looking snowman garland....

 
 
 
 
 
 The Dining Room buffet......
 
 


On the wall above the buffet, are these antique valentine die cuts




In the middle, I took a page from Debbie's book and I crafted this bigger heart with the ruffle and Cupid!!!


Mostly antique/ vintage......


All of the honeycomb valentines are old.



The postcards are from very early 1900’s.




The heart candy box is vintage.



That’s a faux cake on the cake stand.




  The Valentine underneath the stand is mechanical. 
 
If you gently pull on either Cupid they move back and forth to hit the hearts on the anvil.


The plate is an antique calendar plate from 1910. 
 

It does say Merry Christmas/Happy New Year but with the cherubs I like to use it for Valentine’s Day.


 The very small cupids lying on the buffet are antique scraps.

 The fairy looking girl with the aqua background is indeed a fairy (it’s an antique book) but I thought it fit in nicely with the rest of the display.


I thought it picked up the blues of the flowers that are on many of the Valentines.


 
  The Dining Room table for Valentine’s Day.....



  I kept the same round ruffled red place mats out from Christmas.
 

 
 Added a red dinner plate.
 
 The salad plates are both from Hobby Lobby about 3-4 years ago


I used the same glasses and flatware.



The centerpiece is from Michael's about 5-6 years ago.....
 
I went after Christmas back then and Christmas was 80 % off so I got it for $20!


The honeycomb Valentine baskets are vintage Beistle...



 A couple of stuffed hearts and candy hearts....
 
The heart boxes with cupids on top are vintage Lefton that I‘ve had for a few years. ...
 




The last 2 pictures above are two Beistle pop out Valentines....
 
 
  
The middle picture can be popped out but I have left them intact.
 
 
 
I left my China Hutch exactly the same as Christmas.....

 
 
 
Lastly, the Kitchen....
 
Only a few things.....
 
  The shelves on the one wall in the Kitchen.....
 

 
 I left the popcorn in the antique glass apothecary jar and just added foam hearts and a glittery Cupid pick...
 

 The snowman wreath is in the door to the bathroom...


And my favorite Valentine....
 
Autumn!



WOW!!

What an amazing Tour!!

I was thrilled to see Anne Marie's collection of amazing vintage Valentine's pieces and post cards, etc!!

It has been a while so I really enjoyed seeing them!!

Anne Marie always mentions her favorite places in my house...

Mine in hers is her Dining Room with that wonderful fireplace!!

I still remember visiting and sitting at the table with the fireplace on.....so darn charming!!

I also love her Hall Tree and her side by side in the Living Room!!!!

I hope you enjoyed this Tour as much as I did and I THANK Anne Marie for allowing me to share her stunning home with all of you!!!

PLEASE let her know how much you enjoyed it by leaving a comment !!!!

I know she will greatly appreciate it as will I!!!!


In my next post, on SATURDAY, I will be sharing some "Found Treasures" that I found in my own home!!
 
My vintage doily and linen collection that I kept, hidden, in my mother's Lane cedar hope chest.........







So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY
for Saturday Snippets!!

 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

16 comments:

  1. Anne Marie, your house is LOVELY! I just loved all the vintage items you have!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tammy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for commenting here !! And thanks so much for following me on FB and for all your kind comment there too!! I know Anne Marie will be thrilled with your comment!! Have a great day, my friend!!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Once again, Anne Marie has some beautiful vintage items and displays them so well. I also love seeing the girls modeling their "outfits of the day". Have a good day and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PJ,
    Thanks again for visiting and for your sweet comment...I know Anne Marie appreciate it...Glad that you enjoyed the tour!! Have a good day!!!
    Hugs,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  4. I certainly understand why you and Anne Marie are such good friends. Your Victorian homes are just beautiful. I am in love with the vintage valentines, I had to study each one! So pretty and so wonderful they have survived. Anne Marie has a knack for the sales like you do too! That centerpiece was quite the bargain. I really think my very, very favorite (and it was hard to chose) is the cabinet with the fluffy snow on the shelves and all the treasures in greens. It is so unique and just gorgeous! What a lovely home!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a delight to visit Anne Marie’s home, it so lovely. The vintage cards are amazing and I love all the snow babies!
    Thanks you two for sharing your charming homes. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V,
      Thanks once again for taking the time to stop by and for letting us know that you did by your sweet comment!! Those vintage cards are really something, aren't they?? What a treasure to have!! Have a great weekend, my friend!! I know Anne Marie appreciates your visit!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. This just charming. I especially love the vintage valentine swag. What a wonderful collection!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Debbie and Anne Marie,
    What a joy to visit both your beautiful homes filled with so many treasured collections. It's like looking at a home decor magazine❣️ Anne Marie's displays are all gorgeous, but the "Victrola" honeycomb valentine and the ice skating lantern are my favorites.😍 I always appreciate the tours and y'all's passion for pretty vintage/antique things.
    Blessings, Linda 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thank you so much for stopping in again!! And thanks for your very sweet words about both mine and Anne Marie's homes...So happy that you enjoy the home tours....I really love showcasing Anne Marie's beautiful home!! I hope you enjoy your weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. Deb, your grandbabies are precious! Enjoy every minute with them. Anne Marie's home is beautiful! Love all of her vintage Valentine's . And the vintage crib decorated in winter decor- BE STILL MY HEART! So cute and clever. Thank you so much to you and Anne Marie for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, those vintage valentines really take me back! I have saved some of the valentines my grandparents gave me, and they look an awful lot like that! Precious. Congrats on the sweet grandbabies. Visiting from Talking About it Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! What a treasure to have those Valentine's from your grandparents!!! I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  10. Those vintage valentines are fabulous! I love that with just a few simple changes everything really does seem to transform from Christmas to winter/ Valentine's day.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Please than Anne Marie for all of us for sharing her home with us! I have never seen that many actual vintage Valentine items and really enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for letting us know that you did!!! I know Anne Marie greatly appreciates your very kind comment!! We are so glad that you enjoyed seeing her home...Have a good evening!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...