I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, February 12, 2024

Valentine's Hutch, Tree and More in the Dining Room, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be finishing up my Tour of the Dining Room decorated for Valentine's.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared my Valentine's Sweet Shop Buffet....

 Some ornaments that I made.....

 

 

 

 The top of the small curio......

The Chandy.....

And an everyday tablescape.....

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

One of my Favorite You Tubers Arlynn did a post recently and said something that really resonated with me about a few comments she received....

 "I do what I want to do in my own home and yes, I share it but NOT to be critiqued or to get opinions but to maybe inspire someone or give someone an idea or two"

 She also said that she does not care what anyone else thinks because she decorates for her, her family and whoever comes into her house to take a peek including her You Tube viewers...

BRAVO!!!!

I so agree with her in that I too share my home NOT to be criticized or to ask for an opinion because I am not looking for an opinion.... 

The only opinion that counts is mine and my family's even though I do genuinely enjoy reading so many of your wonderful sweet comments and please know that I truly appreciate them....

I posted this for the rare person who leaves an "off color" comment as Arlynn called it....

And honestly, they are very few and very rare..

And if my style is not yours, so be it because everyone's taste is different but please keep it to yourself like I would because chances are if you do not like my style then I will not care for your style.....

 

ENOUGH SAID!

 

I will start today where I left off in my last post.....

 Next to the curio is the Hutch.....

 
 

 
  The top of the Hutch.......
 
 
 
 
 
 A Valentine bottle from The Christmas Tree Shop and I placed a Valentine card in front of a picture frame....
 
 
In the center is a vintage Valentine's Card that was my late neighbor Elly's....
 

 


Another bottle and card.....

 
 
 
 This is what the inside of the Hutch looked like at Christmas....
 
 
 
 After Christmas, I switched things around in the Hutch, adding some Ruby Red Depression Glass pieces.....
 

 
 The top shelf.....


 I added a cherub compote bowl in the center.....
 

 
 I added battery operated votive candles that are on a timer to each shelf.... 

Middle shelf.....
 

 
 A Valentine's book, "Token of Love"
 
 
 
 Bottom shelf.....
 

 
 A white tea pot, a ceramic rose and vintage Victorian Calling Cards....
 
 
 
 Without the puck lights on.....

 
 
On the right side of the Hutch.....
 
 
 
 2 signs I made hang on the window divider between the Dining Room and the Living Room.....
 
 
 
 
 
 I left out the Evergreen trees after Christmas.....
 
 

I hung 2 Gingerbread ornaments that I used in the Kitchen for Christmas on it....





I also left out the red bottle brush trees that I bought in Dollar Tree....


And a few more Gingerbread ornaments......


I added some sparkly baby's breath around the top of the house....


Sort of reminds me of Hansel and Gretel's Cottage in the Woods....

A sweet Bearington Bear gifted to me last year by my friend Anne Marie....



Across the room in the corner is my 7 foot pencil thin Tree.....


 
 
And now, decorated for Valentine's....

 
I stripped it down to the lights, added a set of pink acrylic rose lights and re-decorated it for Valentine's with mostly, Victorian style ornaments.......

 
But first......


Hanging on the window divider....


A few signs that I embellished and made.....




I topped the Tree with a bow made from 2 different ribbons.....


 
Pink and white heart ornaments.....

 
Some ornaments that I made....




I also tucked the white sparkly baby's breath in the Tree like I did at Christmas....

 
A tree collar around the base of the Tree....


A Victorian doll and a rocking horse ....




Next to the Tree on a marble topped plant stand.....




I placed a pink heart and a vintage Valentine's card in a vintage milk glass compote bowl.....


Please ignore the Eero device....


It is used to boost our Wi Fi signal in the house....

It is something new from our cable company through which we have our phone ( yes, we still have a landline) , cable and internet from....
 
The base is out in the Den by the modem and this one is a portable unit that can be placed anywhere in the house to boost the Wi Fi signal......
 
This eliminates a router.....
 
It helped with all the Roku's ( 3) we have in the house for streaming services....




The wall behind the Dining Room table.....


I hung hearts from the sconces.....


On the shelf under the "May I Play" picture......


A heart candy box that I embellished......
 

In the corner near the Kitchen.......



On a shelf to the left of the curio......



I left my Funeral Basket the way it was for Christmas....


On the marble topped table.....


More Valentine's decor....





On top of the curio.....


2 heart shaped Valentine's slates.....
 
 Hanging on the faux window.....


On the cupboard that my Dad made for me to match Joe's Grandmother's Dining Room furniture....

 
I decided to place the Victorian style feather Tree in this vintage crystal compote bowl....


A cherub and a heart box..... 



 
I decorated the Victorian feather Tree with pink and gold heart ornaments and topped it off with a pink snowflake ornament.......
 

 
 
 
Another heart box and cherub.....

 



And that completes my Tour of the Dining Room decorated for Valentine's....
 
Wishing you all a Happy Valentine's Day on Wednesday!!!!
 
 
 
In my next post on THURSDAY, I will be finishing up my room by room Winter/Valentine's Tour and will be sharing the Powder Room , mainly decorated for Winter but with a few red Valentine's touches.....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

10 comments:

  1. Oh Deb, everything is so beautiful. Your hutch is so lovely. I love seeing all of your transferware. And your pencil tree is gorgeous!!! You are so very talented. I wish you a wonderful start to your week. Hugs and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow.. such thought and care you have put into it. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hena,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and for your kind words!! I hope you are having a great day!!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  3. Happy Valentine's Day ❣️
    Your grandbabies are so adorable. What treasures 💞
    You always fill your hutch with such lovely displays. It's a beautiful piece of furniture. And I love the little feather tree.
    Are y'all getting more snow? I hope you and Joe are doing well.
    Blessings, Linda 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for visiting and for your sweet words!! One of the best things I did was to take the glass doors off that Hutch in the Dining Room...I do not think I will be putting them back on any time soon as I like the way it looks with out it...We got 7 1/2 inches of snow on Tuesday....I have pictures of it on my latest post....I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Oh my, sooooo pretty! You have certainly have a talent for arranging all those pretty things! Love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Always enjoy stopping in to read what you have been up to. It's looks enchanting. Thanks for sharing at Funtastic Friday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!! Glad to hear that you enjoy visiting here!! I hope you are having a great weekend!!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. love the decor so very pretty. The pieces that you put together to build a big one. Thanks for sharing come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these decorations! Amazing and so beautiful and festive for Valentine's!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...