I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, January 13, 2024

Saturday Snippets...A Valentine's Gingerbread House & Gifts


 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Surprise!!
 

 I know I said I was only going to post twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays.....
 
But I did say that if I had something to share I might throw in another post during the week....
 
If I find I want to do this, I will do it on a Saturday, calling it Saturday Snippets!!
 
A Snippet is defined as " a small part, piece or thing"
 
  And Saturday Snippets will just be a short post about something I want to share like a craft or a small Haul....

So Welcome to my first Saturday Snippets post!!!!

 
In my last post, I shared An After Christmas Haul.....

 An Easter Haul....

What I bought with a gift card gifted to me for Christmas....

 

 And something new that I actually cooked!!!

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 

But first, I want to Thank Marsha, over at Marsha in the Middle, for choosing my post, Taking a Break ,announcing the birth of our twin granddaughters, as one of her features from last week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!
 
 

 Thanks so much, Marsha!!!
 
And I also want to Thank Andrea, over at The Cottage Market , for also choosing my post, "Taking a Break" as one of her features from last week's Morning Cup of Joe Linky Party!!!



Thanks again, Andrea!!!

 Please stop by and link up to these delightful parties!!!!
 


 And now for a few Saturday Snippets....

Last week, when I went for my hair cut at J.C. Penney's I bought this on Clearance......
 

 
I had my eye on this Gingerbread house for 3 months because I wanted it for Valentine's Day....
 
Originally $100 , which is outrageous....
 

 
Marked down to $24.99 and with a $10 Reward, only $14.99!! 
 

 
  Valentine's Day Gingerbread houses are trending and selling out like crazy in Hobby Lobby, Marshall's and T.J. Maxx....
 
These pics are of just 2 of these gingerbread houses by Cashmere and Cupcakes...
 

 
 You see that by adding some hearts to the one I bought I can make it look similar to these that are selling for $50-$65!!
 
I checked my stash and found I had felt hearts, some small heart scatter and red ribbon flowers....


This is what I came up with.......






I also found I had red and white striped pipe cleaners....








Now I have a Valentine's Gingerbread House for a fraction of the cost of buying one.....



I will be using this in a Valentine's Sweet Shop display on the Dining Room buffet this year....

I was able to reschedule a Christmas visit with my niece Renae and great nieces Cait and Carly that was cancelled due to illness and the birth of my twin granddaughters for last evening ( Friday)!

We enjoyed pizza from a local eatery, Leggio's and ice cream for dessert....

They were kind enough to gift me this sweet cutting board and cheese knife set...


I will be able to use this for both Christmas and now Winter.....


Along with this stunning Victorian styled ornament from Macy's in New York City!!!


Renae said that it just screamed my name and she was so right!!


Drop dead gorgeous!!


I will be keeping this beauty out year round....



 And a gift card to Cracker Barrel for Joe and I!!!
 
Thanks so much Renae, Cait and Carly!!

Joe , Joey and I enjoyed spending a wonderful evening with family!!

And that is it for today....

I hope you enjoyed my first Saturday Snippets post!!

In my next post on MONDAY, I will be sharing how I changed over the Front Porch and Yard from Christmas to Winter......





So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 





21 comments:

  1. Such beauty! Love your cute treasures. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I tried leaving a comment over on your blog but I see there was no comment section!! I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. My daughter loves gingerbread houses and I did not realize that they were becoming popular for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh!!!!! I love, love, love that ornament! I want it!! 😂😂😂 It screams my name too. I hail originally from Louisiana! LSU is my team and purple is my favorite color and always has been!
    Chicken spaghetti looks delicious.
    Signed, Jane from Mississippi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jane,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am so glad that you liked the ornament! I was thrilled with it too!! I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Your Valentine gingerbread house is even better than the store bought ones! I love all the detail you added - so cute. My master plan is to hopefully go to the flea markets this summer and find some inexpensive plaster Christmas houses. I want to have a whole set of little ones painted white with glitter and then I have all kinds of plans for larger ones. You are influencing me! Sounds like your family get together was wonderful, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb. Lots of great new additions. You sure do know how to shop. The little Valentine house is just darling. You put your usual flair and love into it and made it cuter than ever. Great job..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ginger house is just darling! Well done, Debbie. (I never thought of a valentine house!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! $100 for a gingerbread house decoration?? That's insane! Glad you didn't pay that! The Valentine's houses are so cute though, I would never have even though of that. Need to do one with my son this year!

    Stopped by from the My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia link party! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! Glad you enjoyed my post on my Valentine's Gingerbread house...I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  8. I love your Valentine Gingerbread house! And it's great you got it on sale as well. Nice "make-over"

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your Valentine's house is darling. Yes, $14.99 is about right, not the original $100. What a fun decoration. Visiting from Senior Salon Pit Stop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and to leave such a kind comment!! I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  10. Found you on the Inspire Me Monday link party, that gingerbread house is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the Valentine gingerbread house! We may have to make one for the kids at our church for a Valentine’s Day project.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I concur, the Valentine Gingerbread House is so cute! Thanks for sharing, I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't believe the price of the gingerbread house! You did a great job with the makeover and ti will look so nice for Valentine's Day. I hope you enjoy the rest of the week and stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Valentine's Day gingerbread house turned out great! I bought 2 gingerbread house kits for Halloween, and 2 kits for Christmas, and let my class have a decorating contest. I'm definitely getting some for Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That gingerbread makeover is perfect (and no way would I ever pay $100 for the original!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. That gingerbread house was an absolute steal at that bargain price (it would have been a stretch to pay $100 though!) It looks so pretty :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Debbie,
    Love your Valentine house. So cute, Congratulations, you are being featured on TFT. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2024/01/valentine-decor-on-tft.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...