I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, January 15, 2024

Winter Front Porch and Yard, 2024

 

 

 


 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be sharing my Winter Front Porch and Yard......
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I turned a Gingerbread House that I bought on Christmas Clearance into a Valentine's Day Gingerbread House....



 
 Along with a few Gifts I received...

 
 
 
 This was my first Saturday Snippets post....
 
Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
I finally started to change over my Christmas decor to Winter decor....
A very long time ago, about 35 years ago, I used to watch a decorating show and the host was Lynnette Jennings....
 
 
That was the first time I ever heard anyone talk about keeping things up after Christmas as Winter decorations including lighting to help brighten the darkness of the Winter..... 

I have been changing Christmas over to Winter in the front of our house ever since....
 






 

And this is what it looks like now that I changed it over for Winter.....

I leave a lot of the decorations out and simply remove anything having to do with Christmas....



I left the Snow sign up......


I replaced the candy canes here with a Snowman solar light from Dollar Tree....


I bought this cardinal at Target many years ago....

I have been thinking of painting it to give it a new look.....

I hung a Winter slate here on this post......

I left this pot as is......


 
All the garland stays up.....


The plaid bows and snowflakes also stay up on the garland.....




I switched out the Christmas wreath on the front door for a Winter wreath that I made....

 
 Last year, I freshened it up a bit by adding the snowballs and plaid ribbon....

 
 

 
A plaid and a red cardinal ribbon used to make the bow for this wreath....

 
Red cardinals on the wreath....

 







 
 
 
I took down the star from the middle of the house and hung my black medallion back up...

 
  
 
  

 
I left the snowman and the vintage mailbox where they were....
 
 
 
 Along with my childhood sled....
 

 
I did change out the bow on the sled for a Winter one that I made...
 
 
 The corner of the porch....

 
 
 
 
 
 
 I left the chair decorated as it was with my Dad's tool box on it....
 
 
 
 
 
 Another wreath that I made but added the snowballs to it this year.... 


 After I took these pictures, I found 2 more snowballs and added them to the wreath.....
 
 
The "Let it Snow" sign was from a penguin that saw better days.....



I redecorated the Tree in the corner that graces the porch year round.....

 
 I changed out the bow and added 2 Winter slates.....
 
 
 
 I changed out the flag for a Winter one.....
 
 
 

 

Left the mail box cover on the mailbox where we store garden tools in......



Also changed out the bow here and added another Winter slate.....







The porch railing.......



I packed away a Christmas sign, brought back out my "Welcome Friends" sign and added yet another Winter slate......





A view of the mailbox from the other side......



The flower bed under the Living Room window......

I left the wreaths and the greenery on the windows and sills......

I packed away the Christmas signs here and moved the vintage red watering can here for a pop of color.....



The front flower bed.....


A pot of faux and real greenery......

 
A Winter mini flag......

 
 
 
 


The park bench pretty much stayed the same....




A new snowman mini flag.....




Another Winter mini flag....
 

 

It took me a few hours to do this and it will stay this way until March.......

I do not do Valentine's on the outside except for a porch flag with red roses on it and I may change the light in the lantern to a red one...

I hope that maybe I inspired you to decorate the front of your home for Winter....
 

In my next post on THURSDAY, I will start to share how I changed over the Den from Christmas to Winter.......
 
 
 




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY.....
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


11 comments:

  1. I changed our living room to winter last week and will leave it until Feb. 1 when I will change over to Valentine's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The front of your house looks spectacular! I love how the theme has switched to snow and snowmen. Very pretty. Here in the overwhelmed and under energetic side of the world, I brought in my fake wrapped presents that I stack in my bicycle basket and on the sleds on my porch as we were getting monster winds that were tearing the paper and threatening to shred the boxes. Today I rearranged the sleds to show off the old skates I have tied on them and was going to change my mat to the one with winter ice skates. But the mat with faux Christmas lights is frozen to the porch so I have to hope the sun hits it enough tomorrow to thaw it and I remember to grab it during that brief time of opportunity! LOL. I'm always a day behind and a dollar short. Meanwhile - I hope you are enjoying every moment with your gorgeous granddaughters that you can and that all is well in the new family's home. They could not be more adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the idea of decorating for Christmas and then also decorating for winter. January is so dreary--it's nice to still have some color, lights, etc. I love all the red. I'm visiting from the Talking About it Tuesdays linkup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks wonderful! I used to decorate the whole house with snowflakes and snowmen for the winter months but never gave much thought to decorating the outside of the house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ☃️Hey Debbie!
    Your winter decorations look wonderful! I hope when you get some snow you'll share pictures of how lovely it is.
    I enjoyed "Saturday Snipets".. that's a cute idea! And that Christmas decoration from your nieces is absolutely gorgeous!! It reminds me of a peacock.🦚
    Visiting your home is always fun and inspiring...You and Joe take care in this cold weather, and sweet wishes to those precious grandbabies.❄️
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      We actually have gotten some snow and I will be sharing pictures in this coming Saturday's Snippets post...Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know that you did by leaving sweet comments!! I truly do appreciate it! I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. You have so many nice decorations! I actually took most of mine down Christmas Day! I left my gingerbread houses up a little longer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Darling Valentine house. You are so clever. You are winter ready. My outside decor is plant covers over much of my landscape as we face these extreme lows for our area. Not a pretty sight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb. With all your great winter decor on the porch, I just know your home is warm and cozy inside. When we first moved here about 30 some years ago is the first time I saw HGTV. We didn't have it in Sant Cruz, and Lynette Jennings was one of the decorators I fell in love with..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is all so fun and festive, Deb! I know your porch and patio area must be the hit of the neighborhood. I love that you featured the deer and so many fabulous pops of greenery and snowflakes too. I definitely need to try this for our porch in Florida because we never get snow but it would feel like winter for the entire season. Hope you're on the mend and staying nice and warm. I can't get over all the winter storm pictures! Hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! What a gorgeous set of decorations. How long does it take you to do all of that? Thanks for taking a moment to stop in at Juggling Midlife and visit me. I enjoyed your submissions!

    Jennifer
    https://jugglingmidlife.com/senior-salon-pit-stop-294-welcome-to-the-party/

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...