I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, January 22, 2024

Winter Wonderland Trees & Villages in the Den, 2024

 

 


 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
Today, I will be sharing the rest of my Den decorated for Winter .....
 
 
In my last post, I shared Saturday Snow Snippets......


 


 


 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 
Today, we will start here at the back door.....


To the side of it, on a table, is a 4 foot table top Tree......
 
 
 


I stripped it down and re-decorated it for Winter.... 

I started by adding a set of icicle lights and a clear acrylic garland that also resembles icicles.....

 
 
 
 I now call it my Winter Wonderland Tree.....
 

 
 
 
 I topped it off with a star that looks as if it was made from tree branches with a bird in the center of it....
 
 
 
 I tucked a few clear beaded branches into the top of the Tree



  The bow is made out of a burlap ribbon that has gold threads running through it.....
 

 
 This Tree is decorated with snowflakes and these other ornaments that I recently bought.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 There are also Snowmen ornaments....
 
 
 
 Gold glittered pine cones and ornaments with pine cones painted on them......
 
 
 
 Gold deer head ornaments....
 

 
 Clear acrylic snowflakes and icicles....
 

 
I tucked cotton picks into the Tree that look like snowballs.....

And I wrapped the Tree in a white wire snowflake garland......


I changed out the blue velvet tree skirt from Christmas for an ivory one....



And I set up a little Winter Village under the Tree using small houses that I bought a long time ago in Sears.....






I left out my Thomas Kinkade Village on top of the computer armoire after Christmas.....


I did change it up and rearrange a few things.....


And I added this deer in a cloche ........










 
 I already have plans to pack this village away after Christmas next year ....

Big Lot's had a 20% off everything sale this past weekend and you were able to stack a $5 off $15 coupon....

Among a few other things, which I will be sharing in future posts, Joe bought this companion piece, for a mere $3.45......

 
To this piece that I bought in October and used in the Den for Christmas....

 
 You can see that I am planning a deer theme to next year's Winter display here....

 Hanging on the wall is a Tree that I found in my late neighbor Elly's attic when cleaning out her home for her sons when she passed away.....


I decorated it with owls from Dollar Tree, pine cones, mini mittens and icicles.....



I will be sharing Nelson Crest, my Victorian Doll House, decorated for Winter in this week's Saturday Snippets....

 
To the right of Nelson Crest......


This is where the kitchen window used to be before we converted the patio off the back of our house into the Den.....


I still treat it like a window....

I moved my Thomas Kinkade mugs here on each side...


This is the chair I sit in at times when I do make time to read in the Summer....


I can look out the 2 windows in the Den at the yard....

Next to the chair is my vintage china cupboard.....


I pretty much left it as is and only took away a few Christmas items......

The top of the china cupboard....




I took away the Christmas Carolers and replaced them with a few small white houses and figures that were used inside the china cupboard....



You may remember these trees that I bought after Christmas on Clearance at J.C. Penney's.........


And this pitcher that I got for Free on the last day of a church flea market in the Summer....


And here they both are .....
 





My Thomas Kinkade calendar....




I also changed what is hanging on the china cupboard.....


White jingle bells and mitten ornaments....


A wreath and snowflakes on the open door....

 
The inside stayed the same!!


The small table on the side.....

I changed out the tree and added a few house and a church ornament to the top of the table.....

One of my late neighbor Elly's snowmen from her Snowman Collection.....


On top of the suitcases in front of the china cupboard......


Nothing really changed.....

 
On the side, sitting on a sled......


Are two more snowmen from Elly's Collection.....





On the side of the china cupboard is another Tree and it looked like this at Christmas......
 
 
 
 I also stripped this Tree down and redecorated it for Winter......

This is my Winter Bird Tree......
 
 


I topped this Tree off with a Snowbird and a Bird's Nest....


I also tucked 2 ostrich feathers into the top of it......


I decorated it with several bird ornaments....


White Tree ornaments from Dollar Tree....


Bird Houses......


Pine cones and snowball ornaments....



And that ends my tour of the Den decorated for Winter.....

I hope you took away some tips on changing Christmas decorations over to Winter, especially what you can leave out after Christmas.....

I just finished the Kitchen yesterday ( Sunday) so I still have the Dining Room and Living Room which I will be starting today....

Yes, I am taking my time as my Winter/Valentine's decor will stay up until the last week of February since it is American Heart Month!!!

I hope you will come back and visit again for my next post on THURSDAY when I will be sharing how I changed things up quite a bit from previous years, starting with this wall and my Winter Kitchen Tree!







 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!! 


Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 





5 comments:

  1. I love that you update from Christmas to Winter. It is so festive and prolongs the joy of the season. Last week we were covered in snow. This week won't be as much fun. We are supposed to get a freezing rain, ice storm. I hope everyone here is smart enough to stay off the roads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have quite a winter wonderland -- inside and out! My Christmas is still up due to the mold issue. Ah well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It’s always a pleasure to take a tour of your home. I love love that first tree, the four foot one….but then, they all are so lovely. Thanks for sharing your talents and creativity! Have a warm week and don’t work too hard. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Thanks so much for your kind words about the trees especially the first one in the post....It is one of my favorites too!!It is supposed to warm up this week with high's predicted in the 50's by the end of the week!!! Crazy weather!!
      I hope you have a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. I am working on putting away the rest of my winter decor. I am adding a couple red touches around the house for February but then I will work on spring colors.
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...