I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, February 8, 2024

Valentine's Vignettes & Pillow Covers in the Living Room, 2024

 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today, I am finishing up my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Winter/Valentine's.....
 
In my last post, I continued my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Valentine's with a bit of Winter thrown in, which is new for this year....

 

 

 

 

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

Because I have been taking my time sharing our townhouse decorated for Winter/Valentine's, I will actually be finishing up the Room by Room Tour the day after Valentine's Day...

BUT....

That is okay because as I have mentioned before, we really do not celebrate Valentine's Day but celebrate the month of February as American Heart Month!
 
 

Heart disease ran rampant in my Dad's family, taking him and several of his brothers and sisters.....
 
My Dad passed away suddenly in February of 1987 of an acute myocardial infarction ( heart attack)....
 
 I celebrate February as Heart month and decorate with Hearts because I carry him with me in my heart...

Today, I am finishing up my tour of the Living Room decorated for Winter/Valentine's....

In my last post, I ended with the hallway to the Kitchen.....
 
 
 
 Back in the Living Room to the left.....


The top of the stereo table......




I have added a bit of Valentine's decor to my regular Victorian decor.....

I placed a vintage style Valentine's postcard in front of a picture frame.....





 
In the cubby holes......

 
 
 



 
 On the soffit between the Living Room and Dining Room, I hung a red velvet rose swag above this cherub plaque which was a yard sale buy for only $5 many years ago........
 

 
 
 
 I do want to mention that a big project I want to do after Easter is to paint this paneled brick wall for the 3rd time in 46 years....

 
 This is my inspiration photo from Pinterest.....


 I think it will give the room more of a Cottage look.....
 
In the corner by the Dining Room is a large round table....

 
 
 On the wall above it.....
 
 
 
 I added a few red roses to the shelves on each side of the faux window....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Along with adding a few Valentine's decorations to my normal Victorian decor, I added a few books from my classic book collection.......
 
 
 
 "Little Women and Pride and Prejudice", bought many years ago in Barnes and Nobles....
 
 Throughout the room, I placed Valentine's cards or Victorian styled Valentine's post cards in front of photo frames....
 
 
 
 
The clock was my MIL's gift when she retired at the age of 55 years old from what used to be an RCA factory....


 
 I picked up that lovely bust at a yard sale!

 


 
 
 
 
 
 
 I like to hang a wreath and other signs on the faux window....
 
 
 
 
 

 
 A wreath that I made a long time ago....
 
 
 
 I embellished these 3 Dollar Tree Valentine's envelopes
 

 I decided to leave the bells up that I bought in Big Lot's after Christmas....
 
 
 
 
 
 I finally got around to making 2 envelope pillow covers from fabric I had in my stash.....
 
 
It is a stretchy knit velvet like fabric with embossed roses on it.....




 They were a bugger to sew but they do fit nicely on the pillow forms....

I may make 2 more....
 
 On the right side of the faux window....
 
 
 
 
Hanging on the Living Room window is another Dollar Tree envelope that I embellished....

 
 
 The 3 tiered vintage table next to the TV Entertainment Center.....
 
 
 
 
 
 A "Valentine's Snowman"....

  
 
The ceramic heart box was a gift from my Mother....

  
 
The vintage decanteur and set of glasses is usually in the Hutch but I went with a different look for Valentine's this year in the hutch....

 
 
 


I recently "dabbled" a bit with a Valentine's metal heart box that had gnomes on it....


Much better now.....

In a red velvet sled sits a Bearington Bear wearing a squirrel disguise!!





 
 
 
 
 On the floor in front of it.....
 
 
 
 2 vintage Valentine's cards .....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 A few Bearington Bears.....
 
 
 
 A vintage styled Valentine's postcard, a heart box that I filled with red and white velvet roses and a small mailbox that I decorated..... 
 
 
 
 

A "letter " sign to go with the mailbox.....
 



On the right side of the TV Entertainment Center......


On a small round table.....


Again, I placed a vintage styled postcard in front of a picture frame......



I left out the red and gold floral ring from Christmas....



Our son Joey comes everyday for Dinner and this is usually where he sits until he leaves around 7pm....

I moved the chair at this angle during Christmas for him the see the TV better.....


Doing that left a gap between the table and the chair....


At Christmas, I put this small pathway Tree here to fill that gap.....


I wrapped a Dollar Tree red tinsel Valentine's garland around it and added a few gold snow flakes and a wreath ornament on top.....


  I also kept out the red candle ornaments I used on Trees in this room for Christmas....
 
I will be looking for a nice faux plant or some sort of topiary like something to put in this place because I like this arrangement......
 
I left out the red throws and gold and red fur pillows after Christmas.....
 

And that completes my room tour of the Living Room for Winter/ Valentine's.......

I am really enjoying how the house looks this Winter and I had a lot of fun putting it all together....

In my next post on SATURDAY, I will start sharing how I decorated the Dining Room this year for Valentine's, starting with the buffet.....

 
This year, I set up a Valentine's Sweet Shop on the buffet......


I also will be sharing a bit of Crafting too.....


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY
for Saturday Snippets!!!
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 
 
  THURSDAY
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 





5 comments:

  1. You did a terrific job decorating the house for St. Valentine's Day. What a beautiful lamp you've got. I love Tiffany-style lamps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sofia,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb. It all looks wonderful. So bright, lovely and cheerful. Love your idea for the brick wall. Look forward to seeinf how you do it. Happy Valentines Day, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aren't pillow covers the best idea ever? Your space is so cheerful and full of Valentine love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As always everything is lovely! So much work, it is wonderful that you love it so!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...