I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, February 26, 2024

Saint Patrick's & Old Curiosity Shop Dishes in the China Cupboard , 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
And on SATURDAYS for Saturday Snippets!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Today, I will be starting to share how I deccrated the china cupboard, and the area surrounding it, in the Den for Saint Patrick's Day....
 
 
In my last post, for Saturday Snippets, I shared some "Found Treasures".......


 
Some of my vintage linens and doilies ....





Click HERE if you missed that post!!
 
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 
Today, on the 26th, it is the 37th Anniversary of my Dad's passing....
 
 This was the last picture taken of him, several days before he passed away....
 

This is one of my favorite pictures of us together....
 

My biggest disappointment in Life is that my sons , who were 3 and 5 at the time, did not get to benefit from my Dad's vast knowledge and wisdom.....

This is my son, Joey, who idolized my Dad, with his little hammer, helping his Grampy put up shelves that he made for me......


Jimmy does not even remember him but Joey remembers my Dad , laying on the floor playing with him, and that is the BEST memory he can have of my Dad so for that, I am forever grateful!!!!
 
Click HERE and HERE if you would like to read 2 Blog Posts I wrote about my Dad and why, because of him, I am the strong and independent person I am today......
 

Becoming a first time Grandmother at 65 years old, I know that I most likely will not live long enough to see the Twins become teenagers...


 Because my Dad passed away at 67 years old, only a year older than I am now, I am on a mission to stay healthy as long as I can so that my Twin Granddaughters will have some memories of me when I am gone.....
 
At least I know that they will be able to learn about me through my blogs..... 

They will be 2 months old on the 29th!!
 

 


 
 When my son Jim posted this picture, I commented how their arms were intertwined....
 

My DIL Danielle then posted these pictures, mentioning that they like to hold hands when they are placed near each other.....




 So darn sweet!!!
 
Like I said, first time Grandmother here!!
 

Okay, on to the post....

 
 I did change up things a bit for Saint Patrick's Day this year....
 
The only place in the house that I decorate for Saint Patrick's Day is in the Den,,,,
 
I used these 2 bright green chargers that I got in the Summer at a church Flea Market for FREE!!!!

 

 And 2 of these green mercury glass trees that I got for half price in Ocean State job Lot at 50% off after Christmas.....
 
 
 
$3.50....
 
 In my last post, I shared how I used some of the vintage linens I collected in the China Cupboard....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Why I never thought of using charger plates in here before is beyond me but I credit my favorite You Tubers for giving me the inspiration....
 
 And this is how I decorated for Saint Patrick's Day this year......
 
 
 
 Last year, someone commented that I have a lot of Saint Patrick's Day decorations but I actually only have one tub full.....
 
 

 I used a lot of my collection of green Old Curiosity Shop dishes.....

I was lucky enough to find most of the pieces in Salvation Army many years ago....

I used some of them for New Year's Day Dinner this past Christmas Season....


At Christmas, they remind me of a Charles Dicken's Village....


 
 

 
 And for Saint Patrick's Day, they remind me of a village in Ireland.....

The top of the china cupboard.......
 

 
 I did change things up a bit this year.....
 
 
 
 
 
 I used 2 gold candlesticks with glass votive cups from Home Interiors and placed battery operated votive candles inside of them that come on by timer......
 

This is one of 4 vintage style plaques that I bought in Michael's several years ago...


A vintage Lefton mug....





The bowl in the back ground is not Old Curiosity Shop....
 
 
 
 
 
 I picked it up in a thrift shop because I thought it was and it matched them....
 
 
 
 I made the wreath that I hung on a free standing wreath hanger in the center....
 
 
 
 
 
Below the wreath.....


I bought the tea pot ornaments in The Christmas Tree Shop.....
 

 
 Another ornament.....
 

 
 A cute Saint Patrick's Day card.....
 

 
 
 
A Jim Shore angel ornament that I bought at a yard sale.....
 
 
 
 
 
 On top of a decorative hat box.....
 
 An Old Curiosity Shop dinner plate......
 
 
 
 The figurine is a Home Interiors one......
 

 Another one of those plaques from Michael's......

 
 
 
 
 A vintage saucer ( no tea cup at the yard sale where I bought it) and an angel ornament.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


 

On the sides of the china cupboard, which was given to me by a former neighbor who no longer wanted it...........


 
I refinished it along with several other pieces of furniture in this room....
 
On the left side....


Joe bought this sign a few years ago in Big Lot's for 90% off....

 
Last year, I added the green glittered peel and stick tape around the border.....


I hung another yard sale find on the right side.....

I bought it for $1 about 20 years ago and updated it over the years with new silk flowers and shamrock picks and green ribbon woven to form a border......
 

 
 The ribbon, though pretty, was very dated so I decided to add some rich looking green velvet ribbon from my stash to it.....
 
 
 
 I added 4 loops of the velvet ribbon here...

 

 
And a few here ...

 

 
 I think it glammed it up a bit.....
 
 
 
 
 
  Let's take a look inside the china cupboard.....
 
 
 
Lots of Old Curiosity Shop dishes.....

 


The top shelf......



I placed a Dollar Tree sign in front of the charger plate.....



A green depression glass bowl filled with a few ornaments......


Shamrock pipes go well with the plates behind them.....


And a Pot of Gold at the end of a Rainbow ornament......


Middle shelf.....


The 2 green mercury glass trees.....

 
The sugar and creamer came from T.J. Maxx....

 
A vintage Leprechaun figurine.....


The gold coins and pots of gold came from Dollar Tree.....



The bottom shelf.....


Another Saint Patrick's Day sign in front of the charger......


Another green depression glass bowl......


The Saint Patrick's Day ornaments in the tea cups were bought in Michael's.....


The green handmade ornament in the bowl also came from a yard sale.....
 

  
I used green paper shamrock doilies through out the display...


 
 A Leprechaun ornament is in front of the bowl.....


And with that, I will stop for today....
 
 
 

 
In my next post, on THURSDAY, I will be sharing how I decorated the vintage suitcases under the china cupboard.....

 
 
 Along with the small table on the side of them....
 
 
 
 
 
I will also be sharing some crafts....
 
 
 
 

And my Saint Patrick's Day Tree....
 

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

7 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie,
    You've been busy getting all your greenery out and displayed. Maybe it's just me, but I think one of the girls looks like Danielle and one looks like Jimmy. I'm 68 and neither of my kids plan on having children, so I'll live vicariously through other grandmas I guess. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So green and I just love it! Especially the vintage looking touches. Oh my gosh, the hand holding - they could not be more precious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deb: The luck of the Irish to ya! All is so pretty. I, too, think of my pieces of Old Curiosity Shoppe just for Christmas but you have proved me wrong. The twins are adorable and are growing like weeds, how sweet that they hold hands. There really is a strong bond between twins. Don't count yourself out just yet. I remember thinking the same thing when Jake was born and look at us now. Me, alive and kicking and Jake 29 years old and married!! Happy Tuesday xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the booties on those twins! I love your chargers -- that was a great find. It's so very festive -- Irish to the max!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deb-- the twins are adorable. The holding hands is just the sweetest thing ever! Your St. Patrick's day display once again is incredible eye candy. You have so many fabulous pieces. I love the Old Curiosity plates, I would use them all year long. lol. Battery operated candles on a timer are the best! They light up our displays and we don't have to think about it. Thanks for always sharing your decor! XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your house looks lovely but those granddaughters definitely stole the show. I think it's so adorable that they hold hands!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Debbie, you know that I love Old Curiosity Shop and I know you are just bursting with joy about your precious twin Grands! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...