I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, February 10, 2024

Dining Room Valentine's Sweet Shop Buffet and a Tablescape, Saturday Snippets, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today, I will be starting my Valentine's Tour of the Dining Room......

 
In my last post, I finished up my room Tour of the Living Room for Winter/Valentine's....


 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!


 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 

A few more pics of our twin granddaughters......
 

 




They are so sweet!!


Welcome to Saturday Snippets where I try to share a shorter post than usual and a craft or two.....

However, this post may not be too short as I am trying to finish up my room by room Winter/Valentine's Home Tour!!!
 
 I actually plan on finishing it up with next Thursday's post, which is the day after Valentine's Day......

BUT as I have mentioned in previous posts , we do not celebrate Valentine's Day ....
 
 

I prefer to celebrate the entire month of February as American Heart Month because my Dad passed away suddenly in February, 1987 from a massive heart attack....

I carry him with me in my heart and think of him daily....


Today, I am starting the Tour of my Dining Room, all decked out for Valentine's, with how I set up a Sweet Shop on the buffet....


I did change it up a bit this year.....

 
 First, let me show you the corner....
 

 I hung a sign I made last year over the picture....
 
 
 

 
A Valentine's Angel.....
 
 
 
 She was a gift from a friend.....
 
 

 
 
 
 
 On a pedestal in the corner is one of my Victorian dolls......
 

 
 
 
  I kept the lighted branch Tree in the Dining Room after Christmas....

 
 I decorate it with ornaments that I made out of Valentine's tags that I bought many years ago in Ebay....

I decided to add these ornaments that I made from Sweetheart Conversation Candy boxes to the Tree this year....

 
 I glued a tag in the back of the box after cutting out the heart....

 
And trimmed it with pink tinsel trim bought at Michael's many years ago....

 
And also added some ribbon flowers....


 
Here is the Tree decorated....

 
I also added a heart to this Dollar Tree tinsel wreath....
 


And hing it on the buffet....
 

 
 
I did the buffet differently this year....
 
 
 
I wanted it to look as if you walked into a Sweet Shop to pick out some desserts for Valentine's Day....
 
On the left side....


Faux cupcakes and pastries on this red and white tiered serving dish that I left out from Christmas....

 
 

You can see I placed it on top of a cake stand....


A dish filled with Lollipops and a faux chocolate cupcake.....

I printed bakery graphics off the computer and stood them in front of picture frames....

The box of candy is an ornament....

The pink lollipop is actually a pen and the chocolate one is real!

The cupcake dishes were bought at The Christmas Tree Shop.....





 
 
 I made this from a Dollar Tree pan....
 
 
 
 
 
 Behind the mug is a Gumball Machine I made last year from clay pots..........

 

 
 I filled the mug to look like it is filled with Hot Chocolate topped with whipped cream and marshmallows....

I hope to make Hot Cocoa mug faux toppers soon....
 
 I bought these several years ago....
 

 
I placed a heart shaped plate on the larger one.....
 

 
 And placed donut ornaments that I bought in Dollar General after Christmas on it along with real heart marshmallows bought at Dollar Tree....
 
 
Another Bakery graphic....
 
 
 


Faux cookies that are actually refrigerator magnets on another heart plate....



A cinnamon bun candle in a heart dish and 2 Sweetheart Candy boxes....
 
 
 
 Behind another Valentine's mug are 3 apothecary jars filled with candy....


The right side....



 Another heart plate with faux chocolates ( candles bought at The Christmas Tree Shop) and heart shaped marshmallows on top of the other gold pedestal.....
 

 
Another Bakery graphic....
 

 Another boxed candy ornament in a dish ....
 
 
 
 
 
And that is my Valentine's Sweet Shop!!
 
 
 
 Next to the buffet is a small curio....
 

 
 
 
  
 
 Above the curio is a Home Interiors shelf.....


A cherub and a vintage hanky on the shelf.....
 
 
 
 
 
 On top of the curio....
 
 
   
 
 
 A vintage style Valentine placed in front of another frame....
 
 
 
 
 
 A heart that a fellow blogger gifted me many years ago....
 
 
 
 Lace gloves with a vintage pin...

 
 
 A handmade Valentine's card from a reader of my blog....
 

 
 

 
 
 Two more Victorian dolls....


The chandy decorated for Valentine's....
 
 



Pink and gold hearts hung from it....




And the last thing I want to share today is a simple everyday tablescape....


We eat here in the Dining Room every day for Dinner....


Normally, I never use a plastic tablecloth cover but I recently bought a few pretty place mats in a velvet like fabric and did not want them to get ruined if something was spilled on them....



So I sent Joe to Walmart to buy a clear plastic cover to protect them......

I bought 2 of these place mats last year in Big Lot's on Clearance and was thrilled that they had them again this year so I bought 2 more!!!!


You can see that they are like a velvet material.....
 
 
 
 I thought the Tree pattern on them would be perfect for Winter.....
 
 
 
 A Valentine's floral arrangement on top of a pink depression glass plate....
 
 
 
 I placed the arrangement inside of a tin container with a Victorian angel on it.......


I also put the ivory colored chair covers bought a long time ago in Target back on the chairs....
 

And this is where I will end for today.....

On MONDAY, in my next post, I will finish the Tour of the Dining Room decorated for Valentine's ....
 
Including the Hutch....



A Winter scene....

 
My Pink Valentine's Tree....


And a few more vignettes.....




So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!! 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

6 comments:

  1. WOW! What a fantastic tour. I love everything...to start oh your precious twin Granddaughters! The sweetheart boxes are perfect. How do you do it all ??? You are amazing or as the kids say-' Goals'.
    Happy Valentines Day my friend.
    xo Lisa S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Deb. First, let me congratulate you on your precious granddaughters . They are beautiful and I know you will smother them with grandma kisses and hugs. It is such a joy to see your beautiful home all decked out for Valentine's - so inspirational. I am late on decorating mine for I have been on a long camping trip and am just returning. I want to thank you for all of the sweet visits. It has been a joy to catch up on what you have been up to. It is hard to believe it is almost Valentine's. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Valentines Day! To you and your family! Your granddaughters are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those faux treats look good enough to eat! I love how your decor is such an eclectic mix of things you've made and things you've bought. Your creativity really shines through.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, your sweet shop buffet is charming and congrats on those sweet Grand twins! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now that's a Valentine's Day tour! It all looks so festive. Where do you find the time to do all that? I think my faves are the ornaments you made from Sweetheart Conversation Candy boxes. That's clever! Your grandbabies are adorable. When they get older, they are going to LOVE LOVE LOVE visiting and playing there.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...