I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, February 17, 2024

Gifts, Friends and Valentine's Celebrations , Saturday Snippets, 2024

 

 

 

 



 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today I will be sharing a few Snippets of Life over the past week!!
 
In my last post, I shared the Powder Room decorated for Winter with a bit of Valentine's....

 



 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

With this post, I ended my Room by Room Winter/Valentine's Tour....

Since I celebrate February as Heart Month....

 
I will be leaving up my Winter/Valentine's decorations until February 27th.....
 
My Dad passed away suddenly of a Heart Attack on February 26th, 1987...
 
All the Heart decorations are for him!!

I will then start to decorate for Easter....
 
I will do the china cupboard in the Den for St. Patrick's Day next week....
 
I am in no hurry to rush into Easter and Spring even though Easter is on March 31st this year.....
 
Because even though our Pennsylvania Ground Hog, Phil, predicted an Early Spring, it is not looking like that here in NEPA!!!
 
 7 1/2 inches on Tuesday and now, Saturday, we are at almost 3 inches and it is still snowing!!
 
 
 
My neighbor Melanie was out this morning , bright and early at 6:45 am and shoveled all our sidewalks and 2 sets of steps.....
 
There she is after working her way back to her house...



Kudos to our road department who just plowed our road ( 7 am )...

 
Winter is far from over here and I am still embracing it!!!!


 
More snow predicted at the end of this coming week!!
 
 
And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
This entire post is going to be on the personal side and not so much about Home and Garden....


Gifts

First, I want to share what I bought using an Amazon Gift Card that I was gifted from my son, Joey!!!



They are on for 6 hours and off for 18 once you turn them on!!

I just love them!!!


I have put them in a lot of my old Home Interiors sconces with the glass votive cups!!
 
I even used them in the tea cup chandy that I made for the Kitchen.....
 


After seeing these lighting strips used by 2 of my You Tube Favorites, Arlynn
and Julie, I decided to order a set of 2....


These have a battery packet for 3 AA batteries....


They basically are fairy lights attached to a 3M strip......


These are Warm White but they also come in colors and in ones with a remote that you can change the colors....

 
 I put one strip here on top of the Hutch in the Living Room....
 
 
 
 I love the up light look they create.....
 

 
 And I placed the other one on the top of the TV Entertainment Center.....



 Again, I like the lighting effect that they create here too.....
 


I may be ordering more......

I also want to mention that Joey quit smoking 7 weeks ago and is still doing well....

Congrats and Thanks, Joey!!!


I received a package in the mail this week!!!

It was a gift from my FB friend Annette from NY!!!


Annette is an avid Collector of dolls of all sizes and has several doll houses!!
 
Annette and her husband Joe on Valentine's Day!
 

 They still go out dancing!!!
 
She is also a Lover of Victorian style like me!!

She enclosed a few notes....


She searched until she found a vintage card for Twins and 2 vintage doll house babies!!!!

 
 
 
 
Such a thoughtful gift!!!

I am going to frame the card!!





And these are the ones that she crafted herself....


Thanks so much, Annette....
 
I still need to do a bit of "dabbling" with these goodies!!!


Here are a few pictures of her stunning home decorated for Valentine's Day including her Valentine's Tree....






 Will you look at this doll house????


It is wonderful to find others who enjoy what you like and have similar passions, isn't it????
 
And my middle name is Annette!!
 
What a coincidence!!
 

Speaking of Friends....

My dear friend Anne Marie also came to visit last Saturday....

It was an overdue Christmas visit that we had to postpone because of the birth of the Twins, weather and illness....

Anne Marie kindly gifted me these beautiful things....

A Gingerbread towel....


And these!!!


I had mentioned on a FB post that my Mother had several pieces of ceramic Holly Leaf Christmas dishes that were made for her by a co worker who did ceramics and I wished I still had those pieces now....

Anne Marie gifted me these vintage Lefton pieces....


2 Tea and Toast Sets.......


And a sled!!!!!


Each are numbered.....


I absolutely love them!!!!

 
 They are just gorgeous and so much prettier than the ones my Mother had.....

She also gifted me this Cynthia Hart Victorian calendar......
 
 
 
 She does so every year....

Because of the delay in our visit, I missed January but I love this graphic so much that I think I will frame this as it reminds me of me when I was a kid!!!
 
 
 
 
 It also came with these cards....




I think I will be using this one to do a bit of "dabbling"!!!!


And this other calendar which I will put out by my computer armoire....


And this is the February graphic.....




So pretty!!!!!

Joe was trying to take a picture of us using my phone camera and let's just say that he was having a bit of trouble even though when I "tried" to take a picture, it worked for me!!!


I am over to the left,doubled over in laughter, as he was still trying to take a picture but the phone was not " cooperating"!!!
 
You can see Anne Marie laughing too...

 
Joe and technology just simply does not mix!!


Okay.....
 
Finally but a bit blurry!!!!


BETTER!!!!



I will be sharing Anne Marie's stunning home decorated for Winter/Valentine's this year next week so be sure to check back again on THURSDAY!!!!


I am now part of the newly formed Community Group at our church.....

We are responsible for Fund Raisers and Community events to bring the Parish together....

We now host what we call the monthly Sunday/Coffee/Love Family Breakfast after 9 am Mass at our church, Saint Maria Goretti!!


We served coffee, tea, hot chocolate and expresso with cookies, Dunkin Donut Holes for the children and fresh baked goods and bagels from  a popular local bakery, Bakery Delite, owned by a parishioner....

 
I made up the sign on the donation jug, brought the napkins, paper plates, a few platters and bowls and the Hot Chocolate packets and the fixings and lollipops for the children!


 
My friend Carol even donated some home made candy...



We had crafts for the CCD classes and children of the parish to do.....


And set the tables with pink, red and white tablecloths....


We were thrilled with the turnout for this 2nd Sunday/Coffee/ Love event that we sponsored....

 
 
There is Joe back in the hallway to the church...

He was selling tickets to a Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins Hockey game that members of the parish will be attending as a group in March along with Father Alex.........

We have close to 40 people in our group for the game!!
 
 
 
And here are some of the members of our group.....


 Joe took this one with me in the picture....


 He definitely has to improve his photo taking skills, don't you think???
 
 I already bought the tablecloths and paper plates and napkins for our Saint Patrick's Day breakfast in March!!


Just a few more pictures that I want to share.....
 
My son Jim posted these pictures of his family celebrating the Twin's first Valentine's Day!!!

Proud Daddy....


Proud Mommy


The Twins ...
 
Liliana and Gianna






The pups...

Faye and Azumi



Faye is always looking out the sliding glass doors in the back....


Danielle bought Jim this sweet shirt.....


And Jim gifted Danielle these gifts.....

This beautiful photo frame.....


And this!!!


OMG!!  How cute!!
 

Jim made the decision to extend his paternity leave so he can stay home longer to help Danielle with the twins....

 Even though it has not been easy, I am so proud of these 2 who have been managing taking care of the the Twins together, on their own!!


They are doing a fantastic job!!
 
 
Joe made lobster and we also split a scallop dinner from Price Chopper with french fries and cole slaw for dinner on Valentine's Day.....
 

This is my everyday tablescape right now......


 Lent started on Valentine's Day which was also Ash Wednesday....

And with the start of Lent, ethnic food sales for the Fridays in Lent are abundant here....

You can buy pierogies, haluski, soups like potato and clam chowder, pizza, fish and potato pancakes from Churches, Fire Companies, American Legions, etc!!!

Our Church is selling Potato Pancakes on 6 Fridays in Lent.....
 
 
We got our dozen and will be doing so every week!!!

 
So delicious!!

 
And that is it for Saturday Snippets!!
 

In my next post on MONDAY, I will be sharing my Winter/Valentine's Home Tour for 2024!!

 Including this Valentine's tablescape.....

 
 
 
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

10 comments:

  1. There is nothing better than good time with a good friend! And little gifts (well, not so little and very nice!) are all the better! And I am just loving all the photos of the twins and that cute vintage card. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post…full of great friends, decorating, organizing, food, creating, volunteering and your ♥️wonderful family!
    Thanks for sharing, you’re just amazing! Happy President’s Day weekend. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V,
      Thanks once again for taking the time to drop in!! Glad you enjoyed this post...It was a great week filled with everything you mentioned!! Happy President's Day to you too!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. It's always so fun to visit your blog Debbie. I loved seeing the pics of the sweet twins! What a blessing they are. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Debbie - I enjoyed checking out all your Valentine's decorations and how lovely for you to have friends with kindred souls. You must be so thrilled with the connections. Loved the photos of the twins - they seem to be thriving, which speaks so highly of what a great job their parents are doing. I miss our grandgirls being babies - it lasts for such a short time. Enjoy every moment of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning Debbie!
    This post made my heart sing! It was simply overflowing with love and joy... Thank you so much for sharing all personal pictures of friends and family... Annette's gorgeous home, dear Anne Marie's visit with such lovely gifts, your son's precious family, and the church fellowship. (Plus delicious food ❣️)
    Blessings to you and your family,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am so glad that you enjoyed this post...It was a great week filled with friends and family as you mentioned!! On Thursday, I will be sharing Anne Marie's Winter/Valentine's Home Tour so be sure to stop by because you will not be disappointed!!! I hope you have a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. I feel like we have had more snow now after our predicted early spring too than we did before! It looks like you have some really sweet friends. Hearing about your husband trying to take photos made me smile... because it's the same reason I'm so rarely in photos. My husband and even my mother in law often cut off the top of our heads or it's all blurry...

    ReplyDelete
  7. The twins are adorable. I don't know how you are not getting them mixed up though! Enjoy!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of my featured favorites for Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot for 03.1.2024. Thank you for sharing with us! Melynda@ScratchMadeFood!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...