I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, February 1, 2024

Three Valentine's Trees and a "Mantel" in the Living Room, 2024





 

 

 

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today, I will be starting my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Valentine's with a bit of Winter this year...

 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated the rest of the Kitchen with Snowmen and Cardinals for Winter....

 



 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 


  I guess it is appropriate that, today, I am starting my Tour of the Living Room decorated in red and gold for Valentine's....

Notice that I say Valentine's and not Valentine's Day????

 That is because we actually stopped celebrating Valentine's Day a long time ago....

It never was a big thing with us as a couple but we did celebrate it when our sons were young by going  out to dinner and maybe a movie as a family and gifting them a small gift or two ......

Now I simply like to celebrate and decorate for Winter and February because it is American Heart Month.....

  

My Dad died suddenly in February of 1987 from an acute myocardial infarction, heart attack, at the age of 67 years old....

As did the majority of his 7 siblings..... 

Another reason why I love to decorate with Hearts for the month of February because I carry him with me in my heart...

Heart health is something that we all need to be aware of and to monitor......

My Winter/Valentine's decorations will stay up until the last week of February....


For many years now, I have decorated the Living Room in a red and gold color theme for Valentine's....

I have 3 Trees that I decorate in this room at this time....

These are some of the ornaments that I made for these Trees over the years in addition to those that I have amassed over the years........


 

 

 
 
 
 
 
 As always, I go with a more vintage/Victorian look in my decorations.....
 
 
 We will start over here in the corner by the stairs.....


I left up this 4 foot Tree after Christmas.....
 
This is how it looked at Christmas, decorated with vintage Shiny Brite ornaments.....
 
 
 
And now, for Valentine's....

 
I left the gold tinsel garland on and added a red heart garland....



I topped it off with a bow made from red velvet embossed ribbon with a gold backing....
 

I used this ribbon to make several bows that I used throughout the room including a topper for the 7 foot Tree that stays up year round.....


The ornaments I used for this Tree also have some white in them.....

 
I bought the red toile heart ornaments about a decade ago in Boscov's.....

 
I have noticed that toile is making quite a comeback in design especially with the You Tube designers.....


I had to decorate the entire Tree as you can see all around the Tree where it is located....








At the base of the Tree on the marble topped table that it sits on.....

 
Is a vintage Valentine's card......



I will be sharing the rest of this area in my next post....
 
This Tree will stay here because I decorate it for Easter....


We will now move around to the other side of the room.....


I leave this 7 foot slim Tree up year round and decorate it for the different Holidays and Seasons....
 
 
 
 This is how it looked for Christmas....

 
I stripped it down to the lights after Christmas and added a set of clear acrylic rose lights......
 
 
 
  And topped it off with a bow made from the same red velvet embossed ribbon.....
 
 
 
 I then added 2 different garlands....
 
 
 
 A red heart one and a garland made from 2 different beaded garlands that I wound together.....
 
 
 
 
Next I added red and gold rose ornaments that I bought several years ago from Big Lot's......
 
 
 
 With the lights lit.....
 

 
 And now all decorated.....
 

 I hung a 3 tiered red heart from an old swag lamp hook in the ceiling in the corner.....
 
 
 
 
 
 The bow topper and streamers are made from the red embossed ribbon....
 

 
 

As you can see there are lots of heart ornaments on this Tree....

 

Along with gold cherubs that I bought many years ago on Clearance in Michael's for 19 cents a piece!!

 
 
The Tree is wrapped in a wire red heart garland....


 
I also added red and gold bird ornaments...
 

I covered the platform underneath the Tree with a vintage tablecloth with red roses on it....

I changed a few things around from past years and left out 2 gold trees from Christmas....

The left side.....

I left out this gold branch tree that was in the Dining Room at Christmas....


 A vintage style post card and a vintage Valentine card that was my late neighbor Elly's....



 

Vases filled with red velvet roses and gold leafs are on each side of the platform.....
 

Red candles were also placed on each side....



2 Valentine's Bearington Bears are sitting on a park bench in the center....
 

 
With a cherub in between them...




I bought these heart shaped candy boxes after Valentine's on clearance in Target many years ago and embellished them.....


I also used silk rose lights , bought at Target, around this display....



After I took all these pictures, I added a pair of lace gloves with a vintage cupid pin on them in the corner of the platform.....




The right side....


Another floral arrangement on this side....


Along with another post card and vintage Valentine's card.....



To the side of the platform in an urn is a wonderful red cardinal lighted globe that my nieces gifted me a few years ago!!

 
I just love it!
 
 
 
I placed a gold bottle brush tree that I left out from Christmas on top of a red velvet gift box....

 
Another embellished candy box that I added a string of vintage pearls to....


I got the idea to add the vintage jewelry from YoUniquely Vintage You on You Tube....

Click HERE to see Michelle's home decorated for Valentine's Day and her amazing jewelry Tree that she created!!!

She will be posting her sister Cheryl's home soon to please go back and check out Cheryl's home!!

 
I tried to create a bit of a park look on the platform with the trees and park bench....



From the side.....



And now we move over to the TV Entertainment center which I treat the top of as a mantel........


This year, I kept up some of the Winter things from Christmas like the garland.....


And the lighted trees on each side.....


I left the white snowflake at the top of each of those trees.....


A red heart vase, a red mercury glass votive cup with a gold rose ornament on top and red velvet bows added to my aqua mercury glass candle holders....


The girl figurine is part of a set of 3 that was gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie....


I decorated the garland with white snowflakes and a red heart garland......


On the center is my gold tinsel Tree.....


I decorated it with a set of heart lights and red and gold heart ornaments.....


Topping it off with a bow made from a red shimmery ribbon with gold accents....


In front of it is a Valentine's post card sign that I bought a long time ago in The Christmas Tree Shop.....

 
The boy figurine is part of the set of 3....




On the right side....



I also left out gold trees that I had in the Dining Room at Christmas.....


I use this set of figurines at this time of year because I think the design on their clothing looks like LIPS to me!!!
 
You know....
 
Sealed with a Kiss!!

LOL!!



I do enjoy how this all looks lit up in the evening....


So there you have it.....

3 decorated Trees in the Living Room for Winter/Valentine's!!!

Next MONDAY, I will continue the Tour of the Living Room and will be sharing how I decorated the Hutch totally different this year....




Using a bit more Winter elements....

Along with my table vignettes.....




BUT...

On SATURDAY, I will be featuring my Winter Beverage Bar in the Kitchen for Saturday Snippets....


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for Saturday Snippets....   
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

6 comments:

  1. Hi Deb. You have so many pretty "heart" decorations. Love your pretty tree. I think I will start a few valentines as it might brighten up the place and we need it about now..Happy Days, my friend..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Valentine's is so romantic and fits so well with your Victorian theme. And the memories with your dad makes it all the more special. I am hoping to make some treats tonight for the other February holiday. That would be Groovy Groundhogs Day tomorrow. My daughter had an after school appointment which I guess is never ending. She has been gone twice as long as expected already and I had to order pizza to feed the kids. After they leave, chocolate muffin groundhogs and sausage patty groundhogs are on the to do list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Debbie you are certainly well prepared for Valentine's day with all of your decorating. I'm sure you find great pleasure in coming up with the various decorating ideas and themes. Have a Fabulous February and thank you for sharing your post with us at Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the transformation! Lovely and quite Victorian looking. Have a great week ahead, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deb- I love your trees. They all look fantastic. The fact that you made so many of the ornaments speaks to my craft loving heart. I love the ones in the gold frames. I love the memories of your Dad tied into all the sentiments. That's what life is all about, Thanks for the eye candy friend. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am gob smacked every time I see your decorations, its so much detail.
    Thanks so much for participating and sharing at SSPS 296. See you again next week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...