I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, March 4, 2024

A Look Inside my Drawers and More "Found Treasures", 2024

 

 

 


 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 I now will be posting  2 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today I will be sharing more "Found Treasures " that I stumbled upon while cleaning out some drawers....
 
In my last post, I shared a few more "Found Treasures"...

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!


 I was planning on starting to share my Easter decorations but I only just finished the Living Room at 7pm last evening!!

No time to take pictures for a post....

So I will be doing a post I originally planned to do as a Saturday Snippets post....


In February, instead of spending the month taking down Christmas upstairs ( yes, it is all still up) I decided to enjoy it a bit longer and no one really sees the upstairs anyway...

I will get to it after I finish decorating for Easter and returning the Den and Powder Room back to normal after taking down Winter decorations in those rooms....

Instead, I spent the month cleaning out closets, drawers, cupboards and all 3 of the curios downstairs....

My Dining Room furniture belonged to Joe's maternal grandmother who passed away the year before we got married...

A note was left that Joe would get first pick of anything in her home before anyone else, including her sons and daughters...

I chose her Dining Room furniture because my own parents did not have a Dining Room and I wanted one!!

Yes, we had to buy a house with a Dining Room because of it!
 
Ironically, I later found out that the note from Joe's grandmother was found in the drawer of the Dining Room Hutch....

There are 3 drawers in the buffet.....
 

 The bottom drawers are where I keep my tablecloths and place mats....

I also cleaned and straightened out everything that is stored inside the sides of the buffet behind those 2 doors, which is mainly dishes...




What I want to show you is the top middle drawer....

I had a suede like contact paper that I bought on clearance many years ago that I used to line this drawer....


I replaced most of it and covered the dividers with it....

This is on the sides of the drawers....


 Bassett Furniture was founded in 1902
 
The Dining Room set had originally had a "blonde" finish on it and was bought in the 50's....
 
It looked similar to this.....
 
 

As a wedding gift, Joe's uncle , who was a professional Painter, refinished it for us using a fruitwood stain.....

The top drawer now holds things having to do with lighting!!


In the 3 divided areas.....


I have extra chandy crystals stored here...


The middle one has mostly battery operated with a few regular candles


And the one of this end has candle snuffers and lighters



I have tea lights and votives stored in the larger area of the drawer....


Along with the rubber things that fit on glass votive cups  ( Home Interiors) when used with sconces....

 
And lamp finials....


Also ornament hooks.....


The hutch has one large drawer on top and an area below that has 2 shelves behind those drawers....
 

I have my china, glassware and serving planters stored there......
 

 
 I want to share the top drawer in this post....

I replaced almost all of the contact paper in this drawer....





I store flatware in this drawer......



In the 2 divided areas....


Sterling silver items....


 I passed a few pieces on to my friend Anne Marie.....
 
A set for 2 gold flatware and several serving items....


My set for 12 gold flatware came in a lined box for storage and I store that under my bed.....

These are small forks and demitasse spoons are for appetizers and Hors d'oeuvres....


Punch bowl ladles, tea bag holders and more small forks and spoons which I just read are now being used for charcuterie boards!


I had Joe buy this wooden tray at Big Lot's to use in this drawer for flatware sets........
 



A silver tussie mussie that was a gift from a friend and Christmas place card holders....
 
Cleaning out and organizing these drawers and cupboards was long overdue....
 
It is amazing what one will find that one forgot about when doing so!!!

Like these "Found Treasures"!!



Gold and brass has finally come back in style and is very much sought after in vintage and antique shops.....
 
Now it has always been in style in my house as I do have a lot of gold and brass but I forgot about this candlestick....


I also forgot about this Brown Drip pitcher that I received as a wedding gift which was filled with flowers....


It was made by Hull Pottery.....


I plan on filling it with some Fall florals that I bought for 90% off in Dollar General at the end of the Season....

And I found these!!!!


Both my sons' sterling silver baby cups that were gifted to us by a family friend who has long passed away....


I polished them up and now they look so much better!!


 
So much so that the shine kept reflecting the tablecloth!!

I also found both of my sons baby spoons and forks....

I gave them to Jim and Danielle for the twins!!

I also found this candlestick which I now realize that I forgot to clean it before taking the pictures of it.....

 
You can see you can either use a taper or pillar candle with it!


And this brass trivet!!


And I found this picture frame in one of those drawers and realized it would be perfect for the vintage baby card that my FB friend Annette gifted me!!!!


And this silverware holder that was gifted to me by a friend.....
 
 
It can hold 12 place settings of silver ware....



 A lot of these things were from my days when I belonged to a Victorian Society and members hosting Tea's at their homes....
 
I also used to have friends over for Tea Luncheons...
 
 
One other area I cleaned and straightened out was my computer armoire in the Den....

Hiding in plain site on the bottom shelf,  filled with paper and instruction books, sight obstructed by the chair, were these beauiies!!


I bought 3 of these old sewing machine drawers in an Antique Co Op many years ago and refinished them....

There is one I refinished in pink up in my Craft Room but I actually forgot about these 2!!!

Out of sight , out of mind....

I had painted and distressed them just like I did the china cupboard and the tables in the Den....
 
I decoupaged the inside of them..... 


One with music sheet paper....



And the other with pages from an old Atlas book!!!



I am planning on using them more in a decorative style in the Den rather than for storage on a bottom shelf where they can not be seen!!

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my Found Treasures that I shared.......

 And I urge you to clean out a few areas in your home because you never know what you may find!!!!
 

 I hope you will stop by to visit again on  THURSDAY when I definitely will be starting the Tour of my Living Room decorated for Easter in my next post!!!! 
 






 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
  
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

 

8 comments:

  1. I really love the cabinet refinished in the fruitwood stain. I just never cared for that blonde wood look. It's funny you are going through the drawers and cupboards. I peeked under one of my hutches the other day and I really had forgotten the treasures packed inside. My youngest daughter and her fiancé just bought a new house with a large kitchen with some display shelves and she asked me if I had anything she could display. I think I will invite her to go through the cabinet and pick items that were her grandmother's and great grandmother's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always fun to find treasures in the house that you can revisit or pull out to put on display. You have everything so neat and organized, Deb. I worked on organizing a shelf last night and found some treasures for display. I do need to make labels for the boxes though. Thank you for sharing. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Deb you found some wonderful treasures. I should do the same. lol. Thank you for sharing with all of us and you have some great organization I took note of. Thanks friend. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember Basset furniture, I think my mom's dining room set was Basset. She ordered it from North Carolina. Beautiful. You are so organized, I'm envious of all your storage space. I have a few tiny areas to fit my treasures in and honestly, it's not enough. Love the tea towels, they are just beautiful. I'm always on the hunt for them, but sadly in my area they seem to be scarce. Enjoy the week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have an amazing collection of beautiful items. I really like the hutch as well. Thank you for linking up with Happy Hearts & Homes, I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I often wonder where and how you store everything so this little peep into your drawers has been so interesting! Thanks for sharing at Handmade Monday :-)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...