I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, March 21, 2024

Easter Hutch in the Dining Room, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
And on SATURDAYS for Saturday Snippets!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Today, I will be sharing the rest of my Dining Room decorated for Easter....
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated the Buffet in a Bunny Tea theme but did it a bit differently this year....

 


 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
I want to Thank Angie, over at God's Growing Garden, for choosing my post, Living Room Easter Trees and Bunny Land, as one of her features from last week's Tuesdays with a Twist Link Party!!
 
 

Thanks so much, Angie!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming party!!
 
 
 
I will start today with how I decorated the Hutch in the Dining Room for Easter for the first time ever... 


Usually, my collection of Moss Rose dishes are back on display in the Hutch for Easter..
 
 
For Christmas and Valentine's, I displayed some of my red transferware dishes in the Hutch along with some seasonal decor items....... 

 I took the sliding glass doors off the Hutch when I decorated it for Halloween as an Apothecary Cabinet....
 
After 45 years, I realize that I really like the Hutch without the glass doors....
 
The top of the Hutch....
 

 
 
 
 I bought the bunny boxes and Easter Carolers at The Christmas Tree Shop.....

 
 
 
 
 
The tea pot was gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Since I decorated the top of the TV Entertainment Center differently this year....


 
I needed a place to display the Easter houses, that I bought and was gifted to me, several years ago...



So I decided to hold off on putting the Moss Rose dishes back into the Hutch and set it up an Easter Village of sorts in the Hutch instead....
 
 
 
 Since pink is definitely the color theme of the Dining Room for Easter this year, I also chose to use some of my pink depression glass dishes like I did on my Bunny Tea Buffet.....
 
The top shelf...

 
 Along with egg shaped Bunny plates, I used 2 pink depression glass dishes on each shelf....
 
 
 
 On this shelf, I used a Jeanette Cherry Blossom pink depression glass salad plate behind the larger house that I placed in the center.....
 
 

 
And I placed the house on top of a Jeanette Cherry Blossom pink depression glass sandwich tray which was Joe's paternal grandmother's......

 
 
 
 
  I bought the pastel bottle brush trees in Dollar Tree this year....


Middle shelf....

 

 
 On this shelf, I used an Anchor Hocking Mayfair Open Rose pink depression glass oval vegetable bowl in the center....

 

 
 Along with an Anchor Hocking Miss America plate....
 
 
 
 
 
 
Bottom shelf....
 
 
 
 
On this shelf, an Anchor Hocking Old Colony Open Edge Lace pink depression glass dish....



I could not identify the pink dish that I placed the larger house on as it does not have a pattern on it...



 
 
All the other items I used in the Hutch I already had.....


 
 
 I really do like the way it came out this year.......
 
 
 
 On the side of the Hutch, I hung a few Easter signs that I embellished and made on the window divider between the Living Room and Dining Room.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
A small table that I created by placing a larger hat box on top of a pedestal is to the side of the Hutch.....
 


This was a fiberoptic Bunny Tree that I bought at Target a long time ago but the lights no longer worked so I wrapped a set of fairy lights around it to light it....
 

 
 I bought the Easter slate at the church flea market I went to in the Summer.....
 
 
 
 The egg dish was bought at Michael's for 90 % off...
 

 
 And this is a Bunny from Hallmark that was a church flea market find....


And this is where I will leave off for today.....
 
 In my next post on SATURDAY, I will be sharing the rest of the Dining Room decorated for Easter including my pink Easter Tree.....


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for Saturday Snippets!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. I would never think I would like a hutch with the doors removed, but yours looks spectacular. And the colors in your hutch are so bright and cherry. I love the tea lights to brighten it up and the pinks and greens are just eye catching. I was trying to place this until you explained about the doors. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You decorated the hutch so nice for Easter. I hope you have a nice week and a happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Easter village is just the cutest!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your Easter decor is absolutely gorgeous! I especially love the mantle with the bunny feet garland. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your kind words!! Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. I love looking at your decorations--and how you vary them, embellish them every holiday! I love the idea of mixing the pink depression glass dishes in with the Easter decorl I have a thrifted ceramic Easter village still in process (I got 2 more houses last week! 1/2 price at my favorite thrift store!), some lit by their own lightbulb, others by putting several of the pastel light string under the others. We have had so many dreary days here, that I have lit it during the day; I smile every time I look at it! I got some 90% off St. Pat's decor at Hobby Lobby today and can't wait for after-Easter bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by...Happy to hear you enjoyed this post...And glad to hear the you are building an Easter village....My house is dark as it doesn't have many windows, being a townhouse, so I too love to light up all my decorations and villages during the day....I hope you are able to nab some great bargains after Easter!!!
      Happy Easter to you and your family!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Wow Debbie. This is an amazing set up. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Late to this, but just wanted to let you know I love the pink decor!! Anything pink is a yes for me! I chose it for my SSPS link party this week too =) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...