I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, March 9, 2024

Easter "Mantel" in the Living Room, Saturday Snippets, 2024


 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY and THURSDAYS!!!!
 
And on SATURDAYS for Saturday Snippets!
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 Welcome to Saturday Snippets.....
 
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Front Porch for Easter for under $15!!!!




  

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
Don't forget to Spring forward tonight.....
 

I know there is the age old debate to keep Daylight Savings time or to keep Standard time....
 
 I prefer we keep it as is and this is why.....


Not happy about that sunrise at 8:30 am in the Winter....
 
And on the other extreme.......
 
 
 
 I would definitely not be happy with Sunrises at 4:30 am in the Summer....

5:30 am is bad enough!!

So here in the Northeast, I am all for Springing ahead and Falling back!!
 

I am a proud Maximalist......
 
 In case you have not noticed!!!
 
Have always been and will always be one....
 
 
 
You know I love watching my favorite You Tubers that also believe that "More is More"!
 
 Stacy, over at Blissfully in Season, has knocked it out of the park for Easter!!!!
 
Click  HERE to see her amazingly whimsical Easter Home Tour!!!


And another one of my favorites is Jean E....
 
She continues to amaze me with all she does at 76 years old and her husband is 80!!
 
They still go to yard sales and estate sales every week to add to their many collections.....
 
Click HERE to see her Saint Patrick's Day Kitchen, which is half of the Kitchen as the other half is decorated for Easter!!!
 
Easter and Spring Home Tours are plentiful on the Blogs and on You Tube....
 
I do have to say that the You Tubers are doing a fantastic job sharing Easter decorations, vintage pieces and Cottage and English Country styles!!


Today, for Saturday Snippets, I will be sharing how I decorated the top of the TV Entertainment Center for Easter this year....

I treat it like a mantel......

I did it a bit differently than the past few years.....


This is how it looked for Christmas....


And for Valentine's Day.....


I was inspired to keep the garland up after seeing this You Tube video over at Life with Maryann and Joe!
 

Joe is an avid DIY decorator and I loved what he did for his Spring garland in the Dining Room....

So I followed his lead and kept up my cheap Christmas garland, as he calls it, and added to it....


I bought a simple purple floral garland in Big Lot's that fit perfectly across the garland.....


I then added 2 sets of egg garland.....


I added a few larger eggs.......




It is lit with a set of battery operated fairy lights.....

I may add a few more florals to it if I find some that I like at Dollar Tree....


 For Easter in the Living Room, I use a lot of aqua and purple....
 
New this year on the "mantel", are the white branch trees that I brought down from the Sitting Room upstairs.....


 
 
 
 


I bought the 2 large Bunnies on each side at a Church Flea Market several years ago.....


I wanted 2 more bottle brush trees, as I used the other ones elsewhere, so I sent Joe down to Dollar Tree and he bought 2 in aqua and 2 in purple....


They do not have eggs on them like the others ones but silver beaded garland.....


I bought the Bunny Nutcrackers a very long time ago at a Church Flea Market......


I kept the gold tinsel Tree up for Easter....


I decorated it with eggs and a set of egg lights and topped it off with a bow made of blue and purple deco mesh ribbons.....




You can see the 2 purple bottle brush trees in the background....


I added bows made in the same purple and aqua deco mesh ribbon to the aqua mercury glass candlesticks.....


On the other side....




You may notice the uplighting effect....

I bought a set of 2 of these strips, using an Amazon gift card from my son Joey, adhering one strip to the top and edge of the TV Entertainment Center

 

 I am happy with the changes that I made this year....

This is how it looked last year.....

I can't wait to show you where I put the putz house village this year!!


I do have to admit that it looks quite magical in the evening....
 
I hope you will be back to visit again on MONDAY as I continue my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Easter!!
 
I will be sharing how I did the Hutch differently this year, in a more religious theme..... 




 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
  
   Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

8 comments:

  1. I am not a fan of the time change, seems to take longer and longer for my body to adjust. Your home is looking ready for Easter. I'm finally back to some blogging, right now amalgaming and deleting old posts (so many of them) Hope to get back to regular visits to your site. Hope you are doing well. I'm 3.5 months after knee surgery, and doing really well, no pain like I had BS (before surgery) and now looking forward to getting out and doing some gardening this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I tried to comment on your blog but I see comments are turned off so I am doing so here...Glad to hear you are doing well after your Knee replacement surgery...It was one of the best things that I did...I feel so much better now...Thanks so much for stopping by!!! I hope you are having a good week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. That garland is phenomenal! Lovely and so Spring like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantle is gorgeous, Deb. Those bunnies are so adorable! Spring has sprung in your beautiful home. Enjoy your week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mantle looks great! Keeping the greenery up really helps those pastel colors pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Easter themed mantle. Easter is coming earlier this year, and I keep telling my kids to remind me to get out the decorations after St. Patrick's Day. I'm off of my regular routine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Yes, Easter is early this year...I really hate when it is this early as it does seem to screw everything up....I hope you are having a good weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Hi Debbie you are certainly prepared for Easter with your Easter themed mantle. I love the Easter Bunny! Thanks for sharing at #weekendtrafficjamreboot. Have a lovely weekend. x

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...