I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, October 10, 2026

September Goals Update and October Monthly Goals, 2026

 

  

 

  

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
 I feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I was.... 

I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
 

As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared my "New' Tree in the Dining Room.....
 
  

 

  

 And more decorations in the Dining Room....

 

 

 

   Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

 Thanks to Melynda, over at Scratch Made Food & DIY Homemade Household, for choosing my blog post, Nelson Crest at Halloween, as one of her features from the Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!


 
Thanks so much, Melynda!!

Please visit and link up to this great party!!

 

 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts.... 
 
On THURSDAYS, I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
 
  
  
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any.... 
  

 
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything... 
 
 
 
 
 It is SATURDAY and I actually do have something to share as far as where I went this past week.....
 
I went to a local Farmer to pick up sweet corn for a family dinner tomorrow and was pleasantly surprised to see all of this!!
 
 
 
 Beautiful mums....
 
 
 
 Cornstalks.....
 

Pumpkins.... 
 
 
 Gourdes....
 
  
 
 
Bundles of hay.....


And Pennywise!!

 
Love this take on preventing theft!!
 
 
And in the greenhouse!!


More mums.....


Mums in hanging baskets....



 This is the same farmer where I get my annual flowers from.....
 
I did control myself and did not buy anything but it sure was a Fall Feast for the eyes.....
 
 
Last year, I joined a group of Bloggers who were setting Quarterly and Monthly Goals......
 
 My Goals are more of a To Do List for each Season....
 

And I do so love my To Do Lists....
 
This year, I have decided to only do Monthly Goals..... 
 
 
    
 
So how did I do with my monthly Goals for September???
 
  
 
 To me, September is the start of Fall because September 1st is considered the start of Meteorological Fall....

So in September, a lot of Seasonal work will need to be done and that will be the end of a lot of my free time...

 
 
 Goals from August that I pushed forward into September...
 
 Make a wreath for my Craft Room using vintage sewing items....NOPE!!

 Schedule car for an oil change......YES!!


 And I also needed to have 2 new back tires put on....... 

Schedule car for a wax and cleaning.....NOPE!!!

 

 Decorate the front porch for Labor Day.......YES!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

  After Labor Day, pack up all the Summer outdoor decor for the front porch and yard...YES!! 

Decorate the Front Porch for Fall.....YES!!

  

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

 And the Front Yard for Fall.......YES!!

  

 

 

 

  

 Pack away all the "Under the Sea" decor from the Living Room...YES!!

 Deep Clean the Living Room.....YES!

Change out the summer drapes and curtains in the Living Room for the Fall/Winter ones.....YES

 Change out all the Summer linens in the Living Room for the Fall/Winter ones....YES!!

 Decorate the Living Room in my "Elegant Autumn" theme.....YES!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Pack away my Tea Room decor in the Dining Room.....YES!!

Deep clean and decorate the Dining Room for Halloween.....YES!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  

Pack away the Summer decor in the Kitchen.....YES!!!

Deep clean the Kitchen and decorate it for Fall/Halloween......YES!!


 

 

 



 I will be sharing my Falloween tour of my Kitchen next week.....

  

 Pack away my "regular" decor in the Powder Room.....YES!

  Deep clean the Powder Room and decorate it for Halloween.......YES!!

 


 

 

 Again, will be doing a post on this soon....

 

 Decorate the doll house for Halloween......YES!!

 


  

Start cutting back the perennials in the back yard... YES!!  I pretty much have most of them cut back...

 Have my son Jim remove all the air conditioners from the windows.....NOPE, waiting until the next week   

Clean the windows in the Living Room, Bedroom and Den....NOPE! As the air conditioners and fans are still in the windows....

  Put up the new shades in the bedroom that I ordered last Fall....NOPE! Pushing into the next year...

   

 Social Goals 

 Labor Day Family Celebration......YES!!

 

 

Young at Heart Senior Social Club Fall Frolic Catered Party........YES!! 



  

Make the centerpieces for the Fall Frolic party......YES!! 



Attend my church's Fall Festival.........YES!!! 




  

My Personal Goal is to still work at losing 2-3 pounds a month...YES!!!

Lost 2 more pounds..... 

 And maybe once it gets cooler, to start doing a bit of walking... NOPE!!

Also make time to respond to comments and emails faster than I do....YES, making an attempt to respond faster....

 Well, I guess I did not do too bad with meeting my Goals for September....

  

 So now, what are my Goals for October....
 
 
 
 Some I have already accomplished and started since it is October 10th already....
 
 
These have been pushed into October from September.... 
 
 Have my son Jim remove all the air conditioners from the windows.....

Clean the windows in the Living Room, Bedroom and Den

  Make a wreath for my Craft Room using vintage sewing items...

 

  Start to straighten, reorganize and clean the storage shed that I rent to see if I can drop down to a smaller one ..... 
 
 Clean my 3 curios.....
 
Go through all my DVD's and CD's and decide what to keep and what to donate or sell..... 
 
Change the front porch and yard over to Halloween decor.....YES!  This will be Monday's Blog Post...
 
Pull out the annuals in the pots in the front and replace them with Halloween decorations....YES!!
 
 Cut back all the perennials in the back yard and pull out all the annuals that were planted in pots...
 
Pack up the faux flowers from the front porch and back yard....The front porch ones are already packed away..
  
Rake up the fallen leaves in the back yard and pack away Summer outdoor decor.....
 
  Pack up and tarp all the summer garden things and furniture against the back of the house in the back by the end of the month....
 
Have blood work done prior to yearly check up at the end of the month... 
 
 
I like to have all these completed by October 31st so I can start decorating the downstairs right after Halloween and be done by Thanksgiving Day so I can then sit back and enjoy the whole Christmas Holiday Season....
 
 Clean and decorate the upstairs hall for Christmas....
 
Clean and decorate the upstairs Bathroom for Christmas....
 
Clean and Decorate the Sitting room for Christmas.....
 
Clean and decorate my bedroom for Christmas ...
 
Pack up the Americana decor, clean and decorate the Den for Christmas the last week of October... 
 
Pack up the Halloween decor in the Powder Room and clean and decorate the Powder Room for Christmas right before Halloween.... 
 
  Start buying baking supplies for Christmas baking, stamps for Christmas cards and batteries...YES, I have already started doing this..
 
 
 
Personal Goals.... 
 
Watch some Halloween movies...
 
Go for walks to see the Fall foliage right in my neighborhood.... 
 
Burn my Pumpkin Spice candles.... YES!!
 
 Attend the Young at Heart Senior Social Club meeting where we will be enjoying a trivia contest set up by one of our members
 
 October 17 & 18...Volunteer to work the Ministry Fair at my church, manning the Community Group table and help with the Sunday morning breakfast....
 
Yearly routine Dr.'s appointment on October 22th
 
Attend the Taizé Prayer Service at my church on October 21 and help with refreshments afterward... 
 
 Attend several Halloween Trunk and Treats with my family and twin granddaughters...
 
Volunteer to help out with the Halloween party and Trunk and Treat at my church on Sunday, October 25th....
  
Host Get Togethers with friends and family for Fall at my house
 
 
  WHEW!!!
 
That seems like a lot, doesn't it?????
 
Time will tell how I do with October's Goals.... 
 
 
I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY when I will be sharing my Halloween Front Porch for this year...
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!! 
 
  And try to find JOY in every single day!
 

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
  
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...