I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, October 8, 2026

"New" Halloween Tree & More, Spooky Halloween Dining Room, 2026

 

 

  

 

 

 

   

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
 I feel it is a personal Journal that, hopefully, someday, my Twin Granddaughters will be able to look back on to learn about who I was.... 

I will be posting 3 times a week on MONDAYS, THURSDAYS and SATURDAYS....
 

As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared my Halloween Apothecary Cabinet in my Spooky Halloween Dining Room....
 
 

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

 Thanks to Angie, over God's Growing Garden, for choosing my Blog Post, Elegant Autumn Living Room Branch Tree and Stereo Table, 2026, as one of her features from last week's Tuesdays with a Twist Link Party!

  

 Thanks so much, Angie!!

Please visit and link up to this wonderful party!!

 

 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 For the New Year, I am trying something different with my 3 times weekly posts.... 
 
On THURSDAYS, I will feature what I cooked and ate during the week, showcasing local cuisine and a few recipes for things that I actually made...
 
  
  
I decided that on SATURDAYS, I will showcase What I Have Been Up To in the past week, sharing events and places I went to, if any.... 
  

 
On MONDAYS, I will be featuring What I Have Bought or Been Gifted Recently, if anything... 
 
 
 
 Since it is THURSDAY, that means sharing some food!!
 
I recently baked some zucchini bread, which I freeze to use during the upcoming Holidays....
 
 
 
 I also made some zucchini zots and dipped them in BBQ sauce...
 

 
One of our local farmers still has sweet corn...... 
 

 Half a dozen for $4.50.....

It has been a banner year for sweet corn here....
 
It was so good that I went back and got more.....A Baker's Dozen for $8....
 
  
A FB friend shared that she simply cuts it off the cob, freezes it and then microwaves it when she wants  to eat it.....
 
No blanching involved so I did freeze a few bags of corn to try this method....
 
 
 Today is National Pierogie Day!!
 
 
 
Pierogi ruskie are not Russian. The name comes from Ruś Czerwona, an old region now split by the Polish-Ukrainian border 
  

 I am a traditionalist, being the granddaughters of Polish immigrants, and will only eat them boiled and served with butter and onions....

I will be making up some Mrs. T's pierogies for my dinner today....
 
Mrs. T's are made right here in NEPA!! 


Today, I am continuing the tour of my Spooky Halloween Dining Room.... 
 
 
 
 This is the other corner by the Living Room....
  

On a small cabinet I bought at a yard sale for $5.....
 
 
 
 

 A mercury glass Jack O Lantern..... 
 
 
 
 That I put a battery operated candle in....
  
 
 
 A potion bottle I made several years ago.... 
 
 
 
 


This year, I decided to pass on this silver table top Tree that I used for a Halloween Tree in the Dining Room for several years....
 
This picture is from last year... 
  
 
 
I decided it would just be easier to put up the 6 ft. pencil thin Tree, that I bought for Christmas in the Dining Room, 2 years ago....
 
It would save me time too when I change the Dining Room over from Halloween to Christmas..... 

 
 
 Before I get to the Tree....
  
 
 
 I hung these Dollar Tree signs on the window divider between the Dining Room and the Living Room......
  
 
 
 I brought the Tree down from the Sitting Room closet....
 
 
 
 Took it out of the body bag that I store it in....
 
 
 
Fluffed it out in the Living Room.......
 
  
 
 And added a set of orange lights to it.....
 
 
 
 I used the ornaments  and a few more from the old silver Tree...... 
 
 
  
I bought the ghost topper in Dollar Tree this year and the orange branches, that I tucked in the top of the tree, last year........... 

  
 
  My late friend Anne Marie gifted me the black hands...
 
 
 
 I made the bow out of 3 ribbons......


I bought this orange tinsel garland also at Dollar Tree......




I bought this large orange spider in Dollar General.....





 
I did make a lot of the ornaments over the last few years...
 



 
 
 I was able to use same Tree skirt around the base that I made for the table top Tree..... 
 
I may add a trim around it to use up more of my stash... 
 
 
 
 I made this Jack O Lantern out of a water jug that I found in the woods on the side of the road a few years ago.....
 
 
 
 For lack on having a place to put the white ceramic tree that I leave out year round, I placed it here....
 

  
 

 I added another Halloween bow and a pumpkin to the wall clock.....
   

 
Anne Marie also gifted me the Witch tassel doll.....
 

 
 
 To the side of the Tree.....

 
 On a marble topped plant stand.....
 

I placed a bird cage that I had spray painted black inside of a vintage milk glass compote bowl.....


I placed a skull and some pumpkins inside the bird cage.....


I placed an orange berry candle ring around it.....
 

 
 In the apothecary jar, are my late husband Joe's dentures , which I know he would think is hysterical.... 
 
 
 
 
 
  
 
 The wall behind the Dining Room table..... 
 
 
  

I hung this skeleton bride ornament from the sconce....



On the shelf, are 2 Halloween Trick or Treat baskets that I made out of peat pots....


I made the Halloween bottle in the middle.....


The orange bottle brush trees came from Dollar Tree.....

 
 
 And I hung a skeleton groom ornament from the sconce on this side...... 



 
 In the corner by the Kitchen.....
 
 

 
   
 
 On the shelf on the side of the curio.... 
 
 
 
 
 
 The funeral basket that Anne Marie also gifted me
 

   I decorate it for every Holiday and Season.... 
 

 I changed up the arrangement a bit this year..... 
 
 
 Along with what I displayed on the table..... 
 
 
 
An antique Victorian boot that I bought on Ebay and did a floral arrangement in.... 
 
 
  

 On top of the curio.......



 This year, I placed the silver mercury glass pumpkins on top of the curio that I used to display on the table under the table top Tree.....



 Skeletons.... 
 
 
 
 

 I hung this pair of skeleton gloves over the top of the curio.....
 
 
 
  
 
 
 
To the side of the curio..... 
 
 
 
 Edgar Allan Poe..... 
 
 
 
 On the cabinet my Dad built for me to match the Dining Room set that we inherited from Joe's maternal grandmother.....
  
 
 
 Again, a slightly different arrangement than other years......
 
  
  
 
The candles in the vintage candleholders are from Dollar Tree...
 


"Once upon a midnight deary".....


  
 
 
 
  


I decorated the chandy with bats and black skeletons.....

 


And that completes my tour of my Spooky Halloween Dining Room.....
 
I had a lot of fun decorating it this year, changing up things a bit because of my decision to use my 6 ft. pencil Tree instead of a table top Tree..... 
 
So yes, I am slowly passing on some things and making decorating a bit easier for me because I do plan to continue my Seasonal and Holiday decorating for as long as I can physically do it.....
 
I am excited to be hosting a Falloween Family Get Together for my kids and grand kids and pups on Sunday.... 
 
I got to spend time again with my grand pups.....
 


 And will continue to do so every Tuesday for about 2 -3 hours which is going to do this Mimi's heart good...
 
I also got to see my twin granddaughters when they walked up to pick up the pups...
 
Lily was doing High Five's with Mimi.....
 
 
 
 
 Gigi was a bit tired and cranky..... 


LOL!!
 
The "Terrible Two's"!! 
 
Seeing them all still made me happy!! 
 
  
  I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for my next post where I will be sharing How I did on my Monthly Goals for September and what my Goals are for October.....
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!! 
 
  And try to find JOY in every single day!
 

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...