I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, September 16, 2024

A New Haul, a Few Projects & Fall Front Yard , 2024

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Front Porch a bit differently for Fall this year.....

 By using my Christmas/Winter evergreen garland!!!

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

Today I will be sharing a Haul, 2 Projects and my Fall Front Yard....

 

 I love watching my favorite You Tubers share Hauls....

I do enjoy seeing what people are buying....

I will start with Dollar Tree......

I love these pretty charger plates.....

 
One of my favorite You Tubers, Arlynn's Country Craft Corner, actually has ones very similar to them...

Soon I will be sharing a project I did with them, also similar to what Arlynn does with some of her charger plates..........


I was after this sign for my Powder Room since last year .......

 
 I think I will embellish it a bit.....
 
I already shared how I used this ribbon in bow making in my previous post.....

 
 
 
 And I have also used it in the Living Room to wrap around a few candles....


Loved these acorn picks.....

 
A pair of bony hands......


And one big spider.....

And I also shared this cute scarecrow yard stake in my last post.....


 

Now moving on to Micheal's....

 
I learned something new.....
 
That I can use an online coupon when placing an order for pick up at the store!!!

So I used a 40% off all regular priced merchandise coupon for online orders only, placed and paid for the order online and went to the store the next day and picked up the order......
 
I did not know you could do this with store pick up....

A clear sealer that I like to use on all the plaques that I put outside to protest them.....

 
I also bought copper spray paint and some much needed glue sticks.....

 
Sensor candle lights for my Den windows.......


Silicone dipped light bulbs that I use in the candle lights on my Kitchen Hutch....

 All for 40% off!!


Big Lot's.......

I bought something that I have not had for over 40 years......

 
Yes, a Crock Pot......
 
I got $10 off a $40 purchase......

 It was priced at $29.99

Joe was always afraid of them and did not like the fact that it would be on all day long even though I would be asleep upstairs ( after working all night)

I haven't tried it out yet but I will......

 

And I wanted to show you something new from the Amish Farmer that sets up stands every Friday in the Mall Parking Lot right by me.....

Butter Cheese!!!!!

It tastes like cheddar but melts in your mouth like butter....

So delicious!!!!

You can read about Amish Butter Cheese HERE.....


I also want to share a little project.....
 
 My neighbor asked me if I could salvage these hanging baskets which she has had outside for many years......
 
 
She wanted me to make them into Fall baskets.....

 
I removed the flowers, kept the styrofoam and just bought some new Fall flowers from Ollies who had big bunches for only $2.99....
 


I hung them on my awning out in the back so I could show you how they turned out......


I charged her for just the cost of the flowers because it only took me about 15 minutes to make them up......

She loved them so I was happy......

She has them hanging out in the front of her house.....

 

Since I shared the Front Porch decorated for Fall in my last post, today I want to share how I decorated the Front Yard for Fall.....


The flower bed under the Living Room window......

 

 My coleus are still doing quite well.....

 

 

 

I tucked a Dollar Tree pumpkin yard stake into the pots of marigolds......


I recently painted this star, made by the Amish Farmer, white...

I thought it would show up better against the Amish Buggy Wheel.....

 I was right as it does stand out better.....
 
 
 
The marigolds are doing so well....


I do need to trim these shrubs but I will wait until I change everything over to Halloween and the air conditioner comes out of the window......

The impatiens here are starting to yellow....

But again the coleus are doing well.....

When the coleus and impatiens start to die out, they will be replaced with greenery that I will cut from the trees alongside our road....

The front flower bed at the top of the slope in front of my row of townhouses......



The red begonias in the black urn are hanging in there....

I placed a small terra cotta Jack O lantern inside of my rusty angel bird bath....


 A pumpkin flag and a metal pumpkin yard stake.....
 

 
 
My park bench......

I will be replacing the impatiens in the one pot with a mum.....

Faux pumpkins and gourdes.....



 A homage to Joe's love of the Pittsburgh Steelers and Penguins....

 

The Dollar Tree sunflower solar lights illuminate this area at night.....

 
 
 I bought the gold ribbon bow last year when someone was selling them at our church for a charity.... 


 
 Look at that Tree across our Court in my neighbor's yard!!!!!
 
 

It puts on a beautiful show of Fall colors for us every year.....



By the end of October it will be ablaze in red and orange colors....


The lamp post lit at night.....

 
The lamp post does not work anymore ( after 25+ years) so I put a candle inside of it that comes on by timer....
 

 I guess I took these pics before it came on....sorry...
 
 
 
Next to the lamp post, I placed another Dollar Tree yard stake in the vintage red watering can....

 
 
 The wind chimes were gifted to me in memory of Joe.....
 
 
 
 Again, the red begonias are doing well in the red wagon.....
 
 
 
Another pumpkin flag and yard stake......


I do hope the marigolds last til the end of October as I do not want to buy too many mums......

 And a picture looking up from the parking lot in front of our row of townhouses with my new mini flag in front of the park bench....

The Front Porch and Front Yard will stay like this until the first week of October when I will change it over to Halloween with some things that I bought last year at Joe and Joey's insistence as they wanted the outside decorated for Halloween.....

In my next post on THURSDAY, I will be starting my tour of my Living Room decorated in an Elegant Autumn theme....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY!!!!
 

 I will leave you with this beautiful Sunset from my Front Porch......





 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



6 comments:

  1. You have really outdone yourself. Everything looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI there! I'm a long time follower, but I stepped back from blogging a bit to start a new blog. :) I just wanted to say hi since I found you again and I always enjoy following your blog! Your decor is always amazing, and I hope my dollar tree has those chargers! you're going to really enjoy that croc pot this fall/winter. I use mine almost everyday and have for years, especially in the cooler seasons. I enjoyed catching up with you today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You never cease to amaze me with your creativity and hard work…love, LoVe, the garland…so festive. Enjoy your sunsets and projects…Fall is here! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your yard is just fabulous!!! I'll say it again. I want to be your neighbor just to enjoy your decorating out my window!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That butter cheese sound delicious! Those fall hanging baskets for your neighbor turned out great. Your flowers and plants are doing so well. Most of mine have died by this point but I am loving that pretty show of colors your tree is putting on for you. We're noticing more and more color each day as we walk/hike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you embrace the seasons and fo all out! I need to dedicate some time to decorating my outdoors area! You are reminding me I am far behind! Happy fall!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...