I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, September 7, 2024

Early Fall Beverage Area in the Kitchen, Saturday Snippets

 

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to Saturday Snippets!!!


 In my last post, I started to share my Tour of the Kitchen decorated for Late Summer/Early Fall in an Apple & Sunflower theme...

 My Kitchen Tree decorated in all ornaments that I made....

 And the Hutch.....

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


First, I want to Thank Barb, over at French Ethereal, for choosing my Blog Post, Late Summer Coastal Decor in the Living Room, as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party!!

 

 

Thanks so much, Barb!!

 

I also want to Thank Lisa, over at Boondock Ramblings, for choosing my post, A Bit of Americana with a Touch of English Country in the Den, Part 1, as one of her features from last week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!

 


 

Thanks again, Lisa!!!

 

And I also want to Thank Melynda, over at Scratch Made Food & DIY Homemade Household, for choosing my post, Transferware and Americana in the China Cupboard, as one of her features from last week's Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!

Thanks so much, Melynda!!!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties....


Welcome to Saturday Snippets..... 


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Fall is my most favorite Season of the Year so this is definitely my happy time....

If you follow me on FB, you know that I decorated the front of my house for Fall this past Tuesday and did something a bit differently this year....

I will explain what I did differently, and why I did it ,along with sharing some of the other changes in a post next week, most likely on THURSDAY......


Two weeks ago, my son Joey, my sister Barb and I attended my church's Annual Cash Bingo......

We had a great time even though none of us won.....

It was a packed house as you can see.....


My friends Carol and Betty


The basket raffle which is always very successful....



Our parish even bought a new state of the art Bingo machine this year as we also run an annual Purse Bingo....

Our Bingo Callers......

A meeting of the minds....

Father Alex and Rosemary , who is in charge of the Bingo's and a Craft Fair....

 And I will be her co chairperson in October for the Harvest Tea which we are bringing back this year but doing totally different then it was done before..........

Stay tuned about that...

All the workers at the Bingo wore shirts that said the Ten Commandments of Bingo, including Father Alex....

Sorry, but I did not get a picture of what it said on the shirts but it was really cute.....

We have an extremely generous Parish as everything including all the Food , that sold out, the cost of each game which was $100, the Special games which were $400, $500, $700 and originally $1000 but a parishioner threw in an additional $200 making the last Special worth $1200!!!

 

I was very touched with how nicely the ladies in the office printed my donation of a game "In Memory of" Joe....

 

Ironically, it was game #12 and we were married on the 12th of August....

Joe and I met working at a Bingo and Joe worked at last year's Cash Bingo and was supposed to be a Caller at the Spring Purse Bingo but that was when he first became ill.....

The 50/50 Raffle was over $1200 so the winner of that received over $600!!!

The Cash Bingo was a HUGE success and made $18,000 for our Church!!!! 

Yep!

You are reading that correctly.....$18,000!!!!!

The Purse bingo makes about $14,000!!!


Today, I will be sharing the Beverage area in my Kitchen which is now decorated in an Apple and Sunflower theme for Late Summer/Early Fall.....

I have to say that I love to decorate my Kitchen for the different Seasons and Holidays and I have really been enjoying this theme of Apples and Sunflowers........

The Kitchen has looked like this since the 3rd week of July when I changed it over from my Hens, Roos and Bees theme that I had for Spring /Early Summer.....

The color scheme in the Kitchen is red and yellow and I do love that color combination!!!!

Today, I will be sharing this area of my Kitchen where my Beverage area is located.....

I will start here in this corner.....

Keeping with the Apple theme, I embellished this sign from Dollar Tree last year....

 
 

I did do a little painting project.....


The wire tea cup, which was gifted to me by a friend, originally looked like this.....

 I recently placed an order online at Micheal's using a coupon for 40% off total purchase of regular priced items....

This coupon was only good online but I was able to get store pick up so I went and got my order the following day..

Easy peasy...

Among the items that I ordered was a can of copper spray paint.....


 Can you believe the difference????

It is so much brighter looking now....



I am happy with the change to copper....

 
The Coffee Bar sign, that I bought in Dollar General, hangs to the left of my coffee pot which is NOT a Keurig....

It is a Hamilton Beach Brew Master and I keep buying this type when one dies.....

I have gone through maybe 3 of them in 30 years and I just brought a brand new one, that we bought a few years ago to have in case they discontinue them, home from my storage shed...

I always had copper in my Kitchen so I am thrilled that it is now back in style big time!!!

This is a Dollar Tree sign....

 
 I made this wreath a few years ago....
 
 
 

 
 The Sunflower hot pads are from Dollar Tree.....





You can see that I have very little counter space in my small Kitchen....


 
A few years ago, I came up with this configuration of shelves so I could use this corner for display and also for storage of coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc......

Next to the coffee maker....

I hung this Dollar Tree sign.....

On the shelf in front of the sign......


 To the left of the shelf is my coffee canister, which was part of a set of 3 ( bought at Michael's), a mug gifted to me by my son Jim and DIL Danielle and a vintage green depression glass salt shaker...
 
 My Dad taught me to always shake some salt on top of the coffee in the filter before brewing it....
 
 
 
 Underneath the shelf......
 
 
 
 Creamers stored in this cute Sunflower pail and hot cocoa packets stored in this large mug with "cozy" written on it....

On top of a Sunflower place mat from Dollar Tree is a marble topped turntable that was my late neighbor Elly's.....


I filled 2 Dollar Tree Sunflower mugs with more flavored creamers and an Apple mug, that I bought last year at a church Flea Market, filled with my sweetner packets.....




Going back to the shelf......


In the corner on a black shelf are glass jars filled with flavored coffee, a vintage mug filled with tea bags....


A vintage Eight O' Clock Coffee coin bank and a container of honey for Tea that was gifted to me by a FB friend who has a Bee Colony!!!



I left the Dollar Tree vinyl place mat on the side of the refrigerator.....
 
 
 
On the shelf ......
 

 
 The vintage coca container was my late neighbor Elly's....

 
 I made the Apple Cider Jar....
 
 
The Sunflower creamer rand sugar set also came from a church Flea Market last year....

 
My Instant Coffee is stored in the glass jar....
 
 
 
Underneath this shelf, is where I stash my coffee mugs....all from Dollar Tree....

So this is how my Beverage area looks decorated in an Apple and Sunflower theme for Late Summer/Early Fall.....

I hope you enjoyed seeing it....

I bought the Apple and Sunflower towel at Boscov's.....

As I mentioned before, I am loving how the Kitchen looks decorated in Apples and Sunflowers.....

I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY when I will be finishing up the Tour of my Kitchen decorated for Early Fall in this theme....
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 


  THURSDAY
 
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is so inviting! Would love to share a cup of coffee in there!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Autumn beverage bar. It is a little cooler here today and I am ready for beverage making in that cute little corner. Gosh, Bingo is popular at your church and so well attended! It looks like the group really has their act together between the bingo and the raffle and that everyone really enjoys themselves. No wonder it is so successful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beverage bar is fabulous, Deb. I always enjoy dropping by for a visit. Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful home with us. You give me so much inspiration. I have the sunflower sugar and creamer. I need to pull mine out after seeing yours. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you are well. It's great that fall is here. You put together a darling drink station.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie - your little kitchen nooks looks so festive and Autumn-y. I love all the bright colours. Your bingo outing sounds like fun - we have bingo at the seniors' centre near us and it's always overflowing with attendees. I've never played, but I'm sure it would be great fun once you get the hang of it. Maybe next year you'll walk off with a cash prize or two! Lovely that there was a game in memory of Joe - I'm sure he would have been smiling to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the updated teacup planter. We are finally getting some nicer cooler temperatures, so your beverage corner would get lots of use now. I just did the sunflower and mums arrangement on my mantle, mote coming soon.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Bingo is quite a success for your church as a fundraiser. My boys' private school used to have bingo nights to raise money but never that much. You kitchen has a fabulous autumn feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the fall decor! Thank you for stopping by The Really Crafty Link Party this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love fall too: I just put out my decor this week and added some non fall yellow paper lanterns for my birthday. That was a successful bingo night for your church! What fun!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...