I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, September 23, 2024

More "Autumn Elegance" in the Living Room, 2024

 

  

 


 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 In my last post, I shared the entry , the hutch and the corner of the Loving Room by the stairs decorated in an "Elegant Autumn" theme.....

 

 

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I mentioned my dear friend Anne Marie in my last post....

THANK YOU so much for your prayers for Anne Marie and her husband Tony as they try to navigate through her illness...
 
 

She is out of ICU but still in the hospital and has a very long road ahead of her with her treatments...

So I humbly ask that you keep her and Tony in your prayers......

All I can say is that this has been a terrible year for so many people on so many fronts.....

Decorating has helped me focus on something else other than grief and sadness and gives me some JOY

as I try to look for JOY in every day.....

I will say that I have taken my time with my Fall decorating this year and not been in such a hurry....

I have been relishing the process so to speak...

Many look at it as work but for me it is not only "play" but I consider it therapy....

And with that being said, I will continue my tour of the Living Room where I left off in my previous post...

Across from the corner by the stairs.....

Is the stereo table......


Again, I wanted to add some aqua decorations to my Fall decor because of the new darker aqua color that I painted the wall below the chair rail......

I added more of these small aqua velvet pumpkins from Dollar Tree.......
 
 
 
 And these aqua owls....

 
 
 Which I placed under a glass dome....
 
 
 
 
 
 A vintage tea cup in Fall colors.....
 
 

The chubby holes in the vintage table that Joe found in an Antique Co Op.......


I replaced most of my regular decor items with Fall items.....


I left out some of my gold framed pictures with these actually being relatives of mine....

However, I have no idea who they are as my Mother did not mark the back of the picture with their names.....


In this picture, my maternal grandmother is the one on the far left.....

 
 I have no idea who the others are in the picture....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
A cute Tea for One set.....

 
 
 Remember this stunning Lenox Victorian Lady that I bought at a church flea market in the Summer.....
 
 
 
 I thought the colors of her dress fit in well with Fall....
 
 
 
And that gentlemen in the gold frame is an "Instant Relative" meaning the picture was bought at a flea market
 
 
 
 Notice that I do have a lot of owls in my Living Room Fall decor....
 
 

I do LOVE the way this wall looks since I painted it to look more like brick....

 I was wondering how it would look with my Fall/Winter drapes and gold linens especially since it looked like this after I painted it in the late Summer.....


I am not one who likes bright rooms with a lot of Sun shining in....

I go more for the "Moody Romantic" darker cozier looking rooms so I am very pleased with how this wall now looks.....
 
The large round table in the corner....
 
 
 
 I changed out the Spring/Summer tablecloth and topper for my Fall/ Winter ones....

 
 
On the wall....
 
 
 
 You may remember that when I painted the wall, I also painted the cherub shelves to look more like brass.....
 
 
 
  
 
 I bought this aqua pumpkin topiary in Gabes a few weeks ago.....

 
 
 And these larger velvet like ones in Dollar Tree......
 

This beautiful vintage Fenton amber hob nail basket was purchased at that church flea market in the Summer....
 
 
 
 
 
 



I placed an acorn, bought in Big Lot's, in the Fenton basket and the pumpkin on top of a copper colored candlestick that I have had for many years......



 I wrapped some berry garland, bought in Dollar Tree around the pumpkin topiary....
 
 
 
 A heart shaped orange tea cup and saucer.....
 
 
 
 I used a pretty leaf place mat on top of the table....
 

 
 
 
 
 
 My faux window....
 
 
 
 Dollar Tree signs that I embellished also bring in the aqua color.....
 
 
 
 I made the wreath....


And embellished the Dollar Tree envelopes.....
 
 
 
 Remember that Allied Services Hospice Center has 2 volunteers that create Bears out of clothing of loved ones who passed away there???

And they made this one out of one of Joe's sweat shirts for me???



Well, I personalized it a bit with some of Joe's things...



The ribbon that I tied around his neck was what Joe wore around his neck to hang his Season Ticket Holder placard on so he was able to gain access 15 minutes earlier to our Arena for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins Hockey Games....

I pinned some of his pins to it....



And kept the placard on it....

 
 The Arena Yes button was proudly worn by Joe when they finally got funding to build our Arena that is 5 minutes from our home.....
 
 
 

I sat it here on the sofa because this is where Joe sat during his last days at home before he passed away.....

I can look at the  sofa now and smile.....

I placed the leaf garland there on top of the sofa until I find somewhere to put it.....

On the other side of the faux window....

 
 

 I also want to share a new Buy....
 
 
I bought another Fall throw online in Boscov's, with 15% off, for $8!!

Again, bringing a bit of aqua into my Fall decorations.......

I had hoped to finish up the tour of my Living Room with this post but it was way too long so I hope you will join me again on THURSDAY, when I will be sharing my "Autumn Elegance"  Tree and Pumpkin Patch!!!

I hope you had a great weekend!!

 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...