I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, September 21, 2024

"Elegant Autumn" in the Living Room, Entry and Hutch, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I started my tour of the Living Room decorated in an "Elegant Autumn" theme, starting with the TV Entertainment Center and the 2 tables on each side of it....

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank to Marsha, over at Marsha in the Middle, and the other hosts of the Weekend Traffic Jam Link Party for featuring my post, More Apples & Sunflowers in the Kitchen, Counter Bar, as the Most Clicked on post from last week's Party!!



Thanks so much, Marsha, Lisa, Sue and Melynda!!


I also want to Thank Andrea, over at the Cottage Market, for choosing my post, Early Fall Beverage Area, as one of her features from last week's A Morning Cup of Joe link Party!!!

Thanks again, Andrea!!

Please stop by and link up to these 2 lovely parties!!

 

 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Many of you know my dear friend Anne Marie, as I have shared her beautiful home decorated for the different Holidays here on my Blog...

 

I have always thought of her as a Sister because we are so much alike...

It is with great sadness that I am asking all my Prayer Warriors out there to PLEASE PRAY for her right now....

Anne Marie is seriously ill and is hospitalized in an ICU right now....

She became ill shortly after Joe's Funeral Service.... 


She has very serious medical issues and is facing a very long and hard road ahead of her.....

Both of us would gratefully appreciate your prayers for her and for her husband Tony as they face this together...

THANK YOU in advance from Both of us!!!! 

I don't know how much more my heart can take....


Today, I will be continuing my tour of the Living Room decorated for Fall, starting where I left off in my last post.....

On the other side of the small round table to the right of the front door when you walk in....

A floral arrangement inside the vase that Joe pulled out of our dumpsters.....

A marble topped stand I bought at a flea market...

As I mentioned in my last post, I wanted to incorporate a bit of aqua in my Fall decorating in the Living Room.....

I added a few of these small velvet like aqua pumpkins that I bought at Dollar Tree.....


In the apothecary jar below......

The front door.....



A wreath that I made.....

I hung a scarecrow I made on the door knob.....

To the left when you walk in.....

On the left side of the Joe's grandmother's hutch.....

Brass is big again right now but it has always been in my house......

One of the pumpkins I made from a roll of toilet paper......



 
 Since I used the plaques that I had here on top of the hutch in the past.....


On top of the TV Entertainment Center this year....


I needed to do something a bit different on top of the hutch this year....
 
 
 
 
 
  Amber bottles are quite popular now so I saved a few root beer bottles and added some Fall flowers in them....
  
 
 
And a pumpkin I made from a spool of crochet thread.....
 

 
 In the center.....

An owl.....

Same on the other side.....



 
 
 
 Inside the hutch..... 

 
For those of you who do not know, Joe's ashes are in that beautiful clock so he is home with me, where he belongs....

 
   
 
 I have some iris herringbone depression glass displayed along with some of my Angel Collection....

Some crackle glass Fall votives.....


And pumpkins.....



On the right side of the hutch.....


 
 
 
 On the stairs......
 
 
 
 
 A Fall angel I bought at a church flea market.....
 
 
 
 I decorated the lanterns for Fall and wrapped some of this ribbon from Dollar Tree around the candles as I did with the candles on top of the hutch.......... 

 
 
 
 A "pumpkin" I made from Pringle's cans.....
 
 
 
 
 
 On the other side of the stairs.....
 
 
 
 

A wreath I made.....

 
 
 
 Pumpkins I embellished a few years ago....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Under the chair from the side.....



In the corner......




I like to do a display on this chair for the different Holidays and Seasons......





In a carnival glass dish....




Under the chair.....

 
   I was gifted this Hull Brown Drip pitcher with a floral arrangement in it as a Bridal Shower present 46 years ago....

 
 
 I filled it with Fall flowers and paced it inside the larger lantern......

 
 At a church flea market over the Summer, I bought this matching creamer for $1....

 

 
 I also filled it with Fall flowers and placed it in the smaller lantern.....
 
 
 
 
 

I decorated my white branch Tree for Fall.....


With gold and aqua leaves that I made and copper colored ornaments.....



 
 I placed the Tree in a tray and filled it with some pumpkins.....
  

My son Jim and DIL Danielle gifted me this one Mother's Day.....
 
 
 
 
 
 And I will leave off here for this post.....

In my next post on MONDAY, I will be finishing up my tour of the Living Room decorated for Fall in an "Elegant Autumn" theme....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!!!   

I hope you are enjoying the weekend!!!
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...