I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, September 2, 2024

A Touch of Americana & English Cottage in the Den, Part 2, 2024

 


 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 In my last post, I shared my Front Porch and Yard decorated for Labor Day and an update on the front flower beds now that it is Late Summer/Early Fall.....

 

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


HAPPY LABOR DAY!!!


It will be a quiet one for my son Joey and I as Jim and Danielle are working......

BUT 

MOST OF ALL.....

HAPPY SEPTEMBER.....

AND

HAPPY FALL!!!!

I have never been so happy to see the month of August end....

A once happy month with lots of Birthday and Anniversary Celebrations, now only a month

 filled with a lot of sorrow for my family as 3 family members have now passed away in August over the last few years.........


This Summer has been an excruciatingly HOT and HUMID Summer and I spent most of it in the house with my shades closed to keep the hot Sun out and the air conditioning blaring....

I ventured outside only to water all those darn flowers I planted trying to keep them alive!!!

I am glad I did not buy as many flowers this year as previously and I will definitely be cutting way back next year as Pa. had suddenly become Tropical ( dew points) with Global Warming.....


Just wanted to share that Jim and Danielle took the Twins to the pool for the first time.....

 
It brought back so many memories as this is the very same pool that each of my sons also swam in for the very first time ....

Each of my sons were born in December.....

Jim on December 7th and Joey, now shares a birthday with the Twins on December 29th, so the Twins are exactly the same age that both my sons were when they first started to swim in this pool!!

 
My sons grew up swimming in this pool every Summer which is why they had 3 years of Swim Lessons at the local YMCA as this pool is 10 feet in the deep end!!

You can see Lily and Gigi were unimpressed as they both fell asleep!!!

LOL!!


Today, I will be wrapping up my Tour of my Den decorated for the Spring, Summer and Early Fall in an Americana theme with a touch for English Country....

After Easter, I changed this room over from Saint Patrick's Day decorations to how it looks now....

It is decorated in a blue, burgundy and ivory color theme and used to be the Patio off the back of the house.....

We will start where I left off in Part 1, at the back door.....

On the wall, to the right of the back door, is my Seasonal Thomas Kinkade Clock.....

I change out the 4 plates, that the clock came with, for each Season and you can see that I already am using the Fall plate.........

On the shelf is a Thomas Kinkade mug and angel that I leave out year round.........

Since I opted not to put the air conditioner in the window of the Den this year ( will definitely NOT do that next year), I was able to clean the windows and put up the ivory lace curtains that I use for Fall and Winter already....

 I decided to go with the burgundy lace valances this Fall/Winter Season instead of all ivory like I did last year....

Another table that Joe bought for $6 at a Church Flea Market that I refinished....

It had a marble like top and I decided to just re-stain the wood on top after painting the bottom of the table...

The stained glass lamp was given to us by Joe's Aunt Mary.... 


 

 A Thomas Kinkade clock is among the items on the table.....


 An old sewing machine drawer that I also refinished to match the rest of the furniture in the Den that I re-did....

The picture is of Roy Nelson , who built my doll house for me....

 
I called a reporter I knew at one of our local newspapers and they did a story about Roy......


The picture is of him holding the article that appeared in the newspaper....

A burgundy velvet ottoman, bought a long time ago in Target, next to the table....

I hung 2 signs that Joe had bought at Big Lot's one year for 90% off from the valance rods.....

 

When I hung the ivory lace curtains, I left the stained glass medallions in the windows.....


2 Home Interiors shelves hang on the wall between the windows.....


On the shelves, is my Collection of Denim Days Home Interiors figurines.....

A Thomas Kinkade plate.....

The computer armoire in the corner.......

On top of the computer armoire that I removed the doors from.....


 
I sort of have a bird theme going on here......




Home Interiors Guardian Angel picture and figurine......



I left out a blue egg after Easter....

The candle was gifted to me by my son Jim and DIL Danielle for Mother's Day......

 
The vintage basket was my late neighbor Elly's.....


I tucked a Dollar Tree truck stake in to the arrangement that I made for it.....

 
This is where I download and edit all my pictures from my camera for my blog posts....


I also have a lap top that I would much rather use over my phone, which I only use for actual phone calls and a rare text....

A small "smoking table"
 

A bird cage on top of it where the ash tray used to be.....

A vintage ruby red depression glass candy dish and a blue transferware covered serving dish.....

In the other corner.....

Nelson Crest, which is still decorated for the Patriotic Summer Holidays....

I will soon be decorating her for Halloween!!!

Another Home Interiors picture hangs above the doll house....

Hanging on the wall on the side of the doll house......

This is where the Kitchen window once was when the Den was just a patio that opened up to the back yard....

First, I had my Dad enclose the patio , creating a porch, then I had him turn it into another room, taking the window and the back door off......

I still treat this as a window on both the Kitchen and Den side......

I leave this "Believe" sign up year round....

The other wing chair in the Den, which I sometimes sit in and read a book whenever I can find the time to do so which is not too often.......

Next to the chair is the China Cupboard......

And that ends my Tour of the Den.......

I will add a few Fall things to it, not much just a sign or two.....

About the 3rd week of October, I will decorate this room for Christmas....

I have a huge head start on my Christmas decorating this year because with Joe becoming ill and his passing, I never got to take down Christmas in the upstairs so it is already decorated for this Holiday Season!!

I will tweak a few things but since I usually start to decorate the upstairs as soon as I finish decorating the downstairs for Fall/Halloween, that will give me time to maybe do a bit of crafting that I also never got to do this Summer......

I also want to reorganize my Craft Room since I now have nothing in the closet in that room  ( maybe put some shelves in there) and used up quite a bit of my supplies....

I will also start decorating the Den and the Powder Room for Christmas a bit earlier as I like to have them done by Halloween....

AND I am also going to be co chairing the Harvest Tea at our church this year...

More on that in future posts....

It is going to be a very busy Fall!!


 I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY when I will start to share how my Kitchen looks decorated for Late Summer/Early Fall in an Apple and Sunflower theme...... 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. We haven't had the heat that you have. I love the px of your family going to the pool. Those girls! I'll be away all October so I don't even know if I'll decorate for fall. it feels like my world is completely chaotic -- it's been such a physically challenging summer and a busy fall to come. Maybe after the November art sale I can even think about Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning. Seeing those girls made me laugh. Then I thought how wonderful it would feel as an adult to take a nap in a floatie like that. They're too cute. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      I can't believe they fell asleep in the pool!! I guess it was very relaxing for them....And those floaters looked like it had a little pillow in front of them too.....The ones I had for the boys 40 years ago did not have the hood to protect them from the Sun...It was a onsies with a huge inner tube attached to it...Thanks so much for stopping by!! I hope you are having a good week!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Lovely! I used to love the Home Interiors parties! Thanks for sharing!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy September, Deb. Your granddaughters are precious and are growing like weeds. I had to giggle at the sweeties asleep in the pool. My grandson did the same thing when he was a baby. Your den looks so warm and cozy. You have an eye for detail- everything is beautiful. Have a wonderful week. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a riot that both your granddaughters fell asleep in the pool! At least they weren't crying or frightened, I guess. How sweet that they're the same age swimming in the same pool. It sounds like you have some great fall plans.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How adorable was pool day! Those are the cutest little ladies!!!! We had the heat all summer and I am over it! Hopefully we can get a break next year. I can't wait to hear about your Harvest Tea!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, they are adorable...and asleep in the pool! I love your red curtains. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Some lovely antique furnishings in your Americana English Cottage design, Debbie. You must find great satisfaction in using your creative side. I've selected your post as one of my favourites in this week's #WeekendTrafficJamReboot link up which I will feature in next week's post. Have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...