I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, September 5, 2024

Apples and Sunflower Tree and Hutch in the Kitchen, 2014

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I finished up my Tour of the Den decorated with a Bit of Americana and a Touch of English Country.....


 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank Julie, over at My Wee Abode, for choosing my post, Pink and Black Powder Room, as one of her features from last week's Tuesday Turn About Linky Party!!



Thanks so much, Julie!!

Please stop by and link up to this great party!!!
 

Today, I will start a Tour of my Kitchen decorated for Late Summer/Early Fall in an Apple and Sunflower theme....

About the third week of July, I decorated the Kitchen in this theme but just did not have a chance to share it prior to today....

I will start where I usually do when it comes to the Kitchen......

With this wall and my Season Tree and Hutch......

Several years ago, I purchased Sunflower curtains and I cut the top off them to create a valance with the Sunflower design on the bottom of the curtains.....

I added a gold tassel fringe and an Apple that I made from Dollar Tree wood cut outs to that top of the curtain and hung it here as I like to mask the different colors between the Kitchen and the hall.....



On the shelf that my Dad made for me.....


 Not much has changed since I shared this with the Hens, Roos and Bees Tour of the Kitchen for Early Spring/ Summer.......
 

 

I hung this sweet sign that my friend Anne Marie gifted me.....

One of the new Dollar Tree signs that I bought this year.....

I brought back the Seasonal Tree in the Kitchen with this theme.....

This chalkboard was given to me by a former co worker who ironically turned out to be the nurse at night who took care of Joe during his one and only night in Hospice before he passed away....

Another new item from Dollar Tree this Season.....

Over the last few years, I made all the ornaments for this Tree.....

I made these apple ornaments using felt that I had in my stash.....


I wanted to make a few more apple themed ornaments so I made these.....

 
 I bought these in Dollar Tree as Joe thought they looked like Apples even though they are pumpkins......
 
 
 
So I made them into Apple ornaments....

 
 
 I also made these which I used in other places throughout the Kitchen....

Last year, I made these Apple core ornaments......

I decorated the Tree first with this rope garland bought at Dollar Tree..........
 

 
 

 The topper is a Sunflower yard stake bought at Dollar Tree....
 
 
 
 The bow is made from plain red ribbon that I had for many years....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I tucked Sunflowers into the Tree as well......
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Around the bottom of the Tree.....
 
 
 
 The black board look to some of the ornaments also give it a bit of a "Back to School" theme.....
 

So much so that I found this yellow wooden ruler and placed it on the side of the Hutch by the Tree....
 

 

 
 Now let's get to the Hutch......
 
 
 
 

I did change some things around, adding some Apple and Sunflower items......



The top of the Hutch......

An Apple clock......

I left out the red, yellow and white checked bow that I made and used for my Hens, Roos and Bees theme.....


 
 
 The top shelf.....


Even though it is not an Apple pie plate, I left out the cherry pie plate.....


And I use this wood rolling pin, that was gifted to me by Anne Marie, out all year.....

I placed a Dollar Tree Sunflower dessert plate in the middle......

And one of a set of 4 Apple measuring scoop dishes, also from Anne Marie.....

 

I hung a yard sale find, Apple pie sign, in the middle....

Bottom shelf....

 
I placed the jadite colored vintage bowl inside another green vintage bowl.....

Another Apple dish......

And another Sunflower plate.....

 

The desk area of the Hutch.....

I hung something that my son Jim made for me one Mother's Day....


 
When he was in grade school, he wanted to be called James...
 
Fairy lights in a Sunflower hurricane candle holder instead of a candle.....
 
 
 
 And another Apple dish.....
 
 
 
 A Dollar Tree Sunflower sign that I embellished.....
 
 
 
My vintage Hull Apple cookie jar and salt and pepper shaker set along with some vintage yellow fiesta ware tea cups and saucers.....
 

 
 A vintage yellow pie server holding a pie candle....



 I layered a Dollar Tree Sunflower place mat on top of a red and white striped one....


A vintage milk glass lamp in this corner....

And hanging on this side is an ornament that my sister Barb gifted me a very long time ago.....


 
 
 
 
 
 
The area underneath the desk......
 
 
 
Hanging from the drawer knob is a sign I bought at the church Flea Market this year for 25 cents......

 
 
 A thrifted copper tray forms a nice back drop on top of a vintage metal picnic basket.....

 
 
 A vintage mason jar filled with faux fruit including Apples and topped with a candle topper that has Apples on it , bought at that same church Flea Market last year....
 
 
 
  A copper like lantern and a vintage yellow fiesta ware platter.....

 
 
 
 I bought the porcelain Apple drawer knobs a long time ago in Lowe's when I married this desk with a shelf unit from a bedroom set to create the Hutch......
 
 
 
 The Apple Sign was my late neighbor Elly's.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 On the other side of the Hutch......
 
 
 
 
 
 The other shelf that my Dad made for me....
 
 
 
 
 
 I decided to display some of my vintage Kitchen utensil collection on this magnetic bar that originally was used to display a set of Pittsburgh Steeler's knives, that was gifted to Joe by my nieces, that I moved elsewhere in the Kitchen..........
 
 
 
 

 An embroidery hoop that I made using an Apple patterned cloth napkin.....
 
 
 
 And a vintage Sunflower door stop bought at a yard sale....
 
 
 
Above the door to the Den.....
 
 
 On a Home Interiors shelf.....


2 Vasoline glass goblets and a pie plate bought at Dollar General.....

And this is where I will leave off for today.......


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY for SATURDAY Snippets when I share my Beverage Bar area decorating in this theme...... 
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



3 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with that hutch! We just spent some money on a cabinet door replacement to go for a more mid century modern look, and now I'm trying my best to decorate it. I feel so inspired by your post. I really want that copper lantern. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your red and yellow kitchen!!!! I can see I need to take a trip to Dollar Tree. September is such an "apple month" to me.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...