I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, August 22, 2024

Pink & Black Powder Room, 2024

 


 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared more Late Summer decor in my Living Room.....

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!



 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

We had a lovely week so far with temps. in the high 40's in the mornings and high 60's to 70 in the afternoon.....

I took advantage of that glorious weather before it becomes too hot to do anything outside again....

I caught up on some much needed  yard work.......


Today, I am going to be sharing my downstairs Powder Room.....

I usually share this room when it is decorated for Christmas....



 

Or for Winter/ Valentine's...

Needless to say, it looks a bit different now.....

I change it back to how it "normally" looks before Easter......

Because of the neutral gray walls, which I painted about 15 years ago ,well before it became so popular with the now gone Farmhouse look, I can change how this room looks simply by changing the colors of the decor I decorate it with.....

So it went from blue, silver and white for the Winter to pink, black and white for the Spring, Summer and Fall!!!!!

A wreath and plaque that I made hangs on the door.....

To the left when you walk in.......

Above the door.....

As you can see, this Powder Room has a Boudoir feel to it......

A Home Interior shelf that I painted black....


Vintage sterling silver candlesticks.....

The picture was a Home Interiors product and I painted the frame black....

On top of the medicine cabinet......

 
I like that I can decorate this area.....

Above the sink.....

I bought the vintage style signs on Amazon.....



On the side, between the medicine cabinet and a wall unit.....

This picture was one of a set of 2 that I bought at a yard sale for $5 and I spray painted the frames.......

I also bought the cherub plaque at a yard sale for $3.....

A wall unit, which was a Flea Market find that I painted black.....

 I have decorated this room with a lot of vintage and vintage styled pieces.....

 

Top shelf....


Bottom shelf.....

This estagere was once in my Living Room about 40 years ago and I painted it black and moved it in to the Powder Room.....

I bought the candle chandy in Target about 20 years ago.....

And the vintage tole tray at a yard sale for $1!!!!!

Top shelf.....

The vintage hair comb was my neighbor Elly's.....


Next shelf.....

 
 On a small shelf unit next to the estagere....
 

 
 
 
 The lotion bottle is one of the Victorian creations that I used to make and sell on Ebay and at local Craft Fairs.....
 

 
 The pictures are of my maternal grandfather with my Mother as a child and the other one is my maternal Grandmother.....




The Vintage purses were also my late neighbor Elly's......

 
 
 
 
 
Another Flea Market find shelf unit that I painted black.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 I also painted the shelves and sconces black that hang on each side of the shelf unit.....
 
 
 
 
 

 Other side.....
 
 
 
 

 
 
 Another vintage evening bag....
 

 
 
 
My sister Barb gifted me the sconces that hang above the shelf unit....
 

 The perfume bottles and frame were all yard sale finds.....
 

 
 The "Instant Relatives" ( bought at a flea market) picture is of a Wedding Party....
 
More yard sale finds....
 
 
 
 
 
 Cotton balls and Q Tips are stored in the silver ceramic creamer and sugar bowl......


 

My washer and dryer are in a closet in this room also.......

Above that closet.....

A plaque that I made.....


And that completes my little Tour of the Powder Room decorated without any Holiday decor....

It will be decorated for Halloween in pink and black Halloween decor.....

I hope you enjoyed your visit here today....

 

I will be back on SATURDAY with my next post, Saturday Snippets, so I hope you will stop by to visit again!!!!  

 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful and very Victorian! It’s so nice to see pretty things, you have a lovely collection. Thanks for sharing …have a happy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for letting me know that you did by leaving such a sweet comment!! I hope you enjoyed the Holiday weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. The pink and black looks very nice -- very clean and traditional. It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the pink and black. Very feminine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the black accents. Very pretty bathroom. I like the border. Hope your weather is good where you are, it's much cooler here in Va. and I love it. Won't stay this way though. Hugs, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pink and black look SO good together - and I love that you change it up for the holidays, too. You have so many nice touches ! Hope you have a great week and stay COOL ! www.ournewvista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the Pink and Black Powder Room! And honestly where did the last 8 months go, those young ladies are growing up! Thanks for sharing with us at SSPS, we sure appreciate it! Melynda @scratchmadefood!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your bathroom really 'rocks' the timeless palette of pink and black, Debbie! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Turn About! I'm delighted to be featuring your post at this week's party!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...