I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, August 8, 2024

Late Summer "Under the Sea" Tree and Beach in the Living Room....


 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared the final installment in my Tour of the Dining Room decorated in a Tea Room theme for the Summer.....


 

 

 

 


  Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

 I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for choosing my post, Mid Summer Back Yard and Patio Update, as one of her features from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Blog Hop!!



 Thank you so much, Bev!!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party.....


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 Wednesday August 7th was the 5th Anniversary of my nephew John's passing....


 Many of you that have been following my Blog for some time remember his courageous fight against Cancer...

Unfortunately, he lost that fight at the age of 48 years old, leaving behind his wife Renae and 3 daughters Cortney, Caitlin and Carly...

Sadly, we also lost John's Dad, John, my sister Barb's husband, yesterday.....

 

My nieces and nephews Brian, Lisa, BIL John, Lynn, Dan and Johnny

Exactly 5 years to the date, August 7th and the day, Wednesday, that my nephew John passed away....

We like to think that Johnny came to take his Dad home yesterday......

August WAS a month of happiness and good times for my family with so many Birthdays and Anniversaries but as we continue to lose Family Members, August has turned into a month of great sorrow for us....
 
 
August 7th- My nephew John passed away and now my BIL John has passed on the same date...
 
August 12th- Joe and my Wedding Anniversary and my BIL John's Birthday...Will be my first without Joe and my BIL John will be buried on his 80th Birthday....
 
August 17th- Joe's Birthday, will be my first without Joe 
 
August 21st- My niece Lisa's Birthday
 
August 24th- My sister Barb and her husband John's Anniversary and the Anniversary of my Great Nephew Craig's Passing ( Lisa's only child)
 
August 27th- my Mom's Birthday
 
 My family sure does have a strong bunch of women who have suffered great losses but we are all still standing.....
 

And we will all be glad when August is over....

Asking for prayers for my family not only during this time but also for the safety of my niece Lisa and nephew Brain and his wife Anne as they all live in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina and are dealing with flooding from Hurricane Debby....

 

Today, I will start my Tour of the Living Room decorated for Late Summer in my "Under the Sea" theme.....

 

I have decorated the Living Room in this theme after July 4th for several years now....

I stripped down my Seasonal Tree in the Living Room to just the lights....

Last year, Joe and I were lucky enough to stumble on a 90% off Clearance Sale in Big Lot's of all their Summer decor and we bought several sets of these lights....

 
 
They were $19.99 and were only $1.99 plus we used a $5 off $15 coupon so 2 sets of these were free...

 
I added them to my Season Tree in the Living Room for my Late Summer theme of "Under the Sea" because I think they look like water bubbles....


 
 Next I added a rope garland right out of my storage room and an aqua deco mesh garland that I made....
 
 
  
 
 
I topped the Tree off with a bow I made and greenery bought at Dollar Tree that I think resembles sea weed......
 

 
I hung an Octopus ornament from the hook in the ceiling that was once used for a swag lamp many years ago....

 
 
 

Next, I started to decorate the Tree with ornaments......

 
Many of which I made from shells picked on Miami Beach by my late neighbor Elly....
 
 She meticulously cleaned them and separated them when she lived in Miami during the Winters when her husband was still alive....

 And her sons were going to throw them out so I rescued them and made ornaments out of them!!!!!

 

I also made other ornaments to decorate this Tree in an "Under the Sea" theme....

 

I also bought some and was gifted some over the last few years....

This year, I decided to decorate a garland on top of the TV Entertainment Center which is new this year so I did use some of the ornaments there....

I will be sharing that in my next post for Saturday Snippets....

Every Holiday and Season is going to look very different in my Living Room this year as I finally painted the faux stone/brick wall again and now it looks more like brick.....

This was something I was planning to do after Easter but got delayed when Joe became ill and passed away....

I am very happy with how it turned out and how cozy it makes the Living Room feel.....

Tree without the lights on.....

 
With the lights on.......

 
 Let's take a closer look.....
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I also netting draped on the deco mesh....

 
 
 

 
 
 The Tree really goes well with my aqua drapes.....
 
 
 
 I leave the Tree set up year round on the platform that my Dad made for me 45 years ago and simply decorate it for the same Holiday and Season that I am decorating the Tree for....
 
 
 
 I envisioned this area under the Tree as a Beach.....
 
 
 
 I used a very cheap vinyl tablecloth that Joe picked up one year in Dollar Tree to cover the platform...
 
 

On the left side....
 
 
 
 I filled the bottom of this Hurricane style candle holder with shells, wrapped a piece of aqua ribbon around a battery operated candle set on a timer and placed it on top of a piece that I use at Christmas on the platform....
 
 
 
 It is actually a cliff from the Lemax Christmas Village Collection.....

The piece of coral was picked on Miami Beach by my late neighbor Elly and the sea horse was a ift from my dear friend Anne Marie....
 
 
 
 
 
 I placed what is actually a mail box covered that Joe picked up a few years back in front of the Tree collar to use as a background..... 

 
 
 
 The " Aladdin's Lamp" was actually Joe's paternal Grand mother's ( BaBa Barna) and it was gifted to her by her oldest son George when he returned home from a tour in the Army from Europe......
 
 
 
 Mermaids have more fun and the ceramic mermaid were bought for Joe because he wanted mermaids!!
 
 
LOL!!

 
 
 Two large shells, that were also my neighbor Elly's, were filled with other shells and embellished with beads and glittered.....
 

 
 The right side....

 
 
 

I made this "wood piling" several years ago out of different size cans.....


 
 
 
 I also made the light house out of clay pots several years ago.....
 
 
 
 
 
 And I have strewn shells, driftwood, rocks found on Miami Beach and pieces of small coral around this Beach ....
 
 
So this is what my "Under the Sea' Tree looks like for this year....

 
 
 I also want to share this wall where the Tree is today....
 
 
 
 As I mentioned previously, this wall was recently painted to look more like brick....
 
I really love the "Moody Romantic" look to it and how it makes the Living Rom feel so cozy!!!
 
 
 

 
 
 
 For my Late Summer "Under the Sea" theme, I just added some aqua flowers to my existing Victorian inspired vignettes.....
 
 

 
 I always decorate the faux window.....
 
 
 

 
I made the two plaques on each side of the Dollar Tree sign that I embellished....

 

 
 And I also made the wreath....
 

 
 Joe bought this mini flag for the front yard but I decided to add some shells to it and use it in the Living Room.....


 I hung the bells that I bought in Big Lot's this past Christmas on each side of the faux window because I like the rustic element it lends to the area.....
 
 
 
 
 
 The aqua really pops against the color of the newly painted wall.....
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 Yes, I do not have central air as this townhouse is 47 years old and central air was not a thing way back then so I need to have a window air conditioner.....

 
I also made this Mermaid sign for Joe as he liked mermaids....
 
 
 

I hope you enjoyed seeing my "Under the Sea" Tree and the Beach underneath it for this year....
 
 
 
 A lot of my ideas for ornaments can also be used for Christmas if you do a Coastal Tree theme....

And this is where I will end for today....

 

In my next post for Saturday Snippets, I will be sharing the top of my TV Entertainment Center decorated in a Pirate's Cove theme for Late Summer along with a changes....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY!!!!  
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie -- Your seaside decor is always one of my favorites, probably because aqua is my favorite color.

    My condolences to your sister and all the family at her husband's passing. When it gets to the end and there is no hope for recovery, it almost seems a blessing when a loved one passes,

    Your nephew had an interesting name -- Brain. Is it pronounced as it is spelled?

    Enjoy your day as best you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting and so sorry that my TYPO that I made in the haste of trying to get this blog post up while dealing with everything that has been happening in my life including the loss of yet one more family member and fearing for the safety of my niece and nephew as they deal with Hurricane Debby confused you... My nephew's name is Brian..You can rest assured that i corrected it.And I guess I can say it is a miracle that it was the only typo in this post after quite a harrowing week....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. Your family has experienced such significant losses in recent months. I am deeply sorry that your once joyful August has turned into a month with a good deal of mourning and remembrance. I hope you were cheered by your lovely seaside theme.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry you have had another loss. August is a very sad month of memories for your family. I pray you all have some comfort during this latest sadness. You are a strong group of women and I am glad you have each other.
    I love Under the Sea and can't wait for Pirates Cove!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry for your loss. We were just saying sometimes things are like cars on a train falling off. Her family has had a lot of bad luck this past year.
    Love the tree. I made a sea life wreath once with glass bubbles, fish net, ornaments and a blue glass fish plate.
    Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! Or it is like a snow ball rolling down a hill getting bigger...Hopefully, things will settle down and we can catch a breath....I hope you are having a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. All the teal and white really pop against the new wall color! August really is packed with all sorts of conflicting feelings and events for your family. I do love that all you strong women have one another to lean on. Sending prayers as you all say goodbye to another family member this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, I absolutely love your "under the Sea" tree. The ornaments you made from your neighbors shell collection are so special!! I appreciate the step by step directions regarding the ribbon on the tree - very helpful!! thank you! - Patty

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...