I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 6, 2023

Big Lot's 90% Off Haul!!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 

In my last post, I shared a Few Projects that I did and an Amazing Sunset....





 
Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 I want to Thank Esme, over at Esme's Salon, for featuring my post, Late Summer/Early Fall Apple & Sunflower Hutch in the Kitchen,  as one of the Top 10 posts from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop Link Party!!
 


Thanks so much, Esme!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!
 
 

And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 
 
 I usually decorate the front of our house for Labor Day but all I did this year was to put out a few American flags because of this.....
 
 
 
First thing Tuesday morning, they started a major Paving project on my Court....

They have been doing all the Courts in our development which is a nice and much needed improvement to our development....


 They jack hammered all the areas with holes and cracks....

See all that dust in the picture above????



For this reason along with the fact that we all have to park out on our main road and that it will be 90 degrees for most of the week, I also tabled my annual plans to pack up Summer from the front of the house and decorate it for Fall...


Our car is parked there under the trees in the shade and it would be too much for Joe to carry tubs back and forth as all my outside decorations are stored in a Storage Unit that we rent.....

This is where they left off yesterday (Tuesday)



Today, they will be filling in all those holes and cracks and applying a sealant over the entire Court....

Thursday, they will be painting all new lines.....

It will be nice and hopefully, neighbors will now park in the lines like they are supposed to as they will be easily seen!!

In hindsight, I should have packed all my Summer things away before they started paving our Court...

Because of this all going on, I stripped down and packed away all my "Under the Sea" decor in the Living Room yesterday...

Today, I will be changing over the drapes, curtains and linens in the Living Room from Spring/Summer to Fall/Winter......

 I will wash the outside of the windows when we take the air conditioners out....


 
On Labor Day morning, we decided to stop in Big Lot's and we stumbled upon an unadvertised 90% off sale of most of their Summer Merchandise....

Now these type of sales are the ones I used to live for especially at Target after every Holiday and Season when they would mark things down from 75% off to 90% off....

I would stop in every morning on my way home from work just to see if they marked them down to the 90% off....
 
 
One time, Joe and I were lucky enough to hit Michael's after Easter when they were bringing unopened boxes of Easter merchandise out from the back to sell at 90% off....

And there was the epic time at Target when I hit 90% off after Christmas the year that they grossly over ordered and they were bringing pallets of unopened boxes full of Christmas merchandise out that never even hit the shelves before Christmas....

All marked down to 90% off....

I was there for almost 4 hours with a lively group of about 30 people and we all had at least 2 carts full of things!!!!
 
I bought so many things that I gave as gifts that next year....
 

Now back to Big Lot's on Labor Day....

I had every intention of being good and containing myself until Joe yells out...

"Things are marked down to 90% off"

As I walked down one of the aisles, I encountered a woman who had 2 carts filled and the store manager was scanning things to see if they too were marked down to 90% off for her....

I think it was him who was telling her " 99 cents, $1.59 and $2.00" after scanning things that were $9.99, $15.99 and $20.00 that got me going....

As she was piling things into her carts, she kept asking me if I wanted one for myself...
 

In my defense, how could I possibly refuse those prices????

So I filled a cart up, Joe got checked out and then once again, he did not help matters.....
 
On our way to the car, he asks me " Are you sure you are done and got everything you want?"

Well, I turned around and headed right back in and filled up another cart!!
 
It is a sickness....
 
What else can I say!
 

Here is my 90% off Big Lot's Haul!!
 
First, I will start with the Lights, which I have to say almost never ever reach 90% off as they are usually sold out way before that...........


This was the most expensive buy....


$12.99 from $129.99!!!!

 
It is battery operated with a remote control!!


 
The next expensive one was this light set for $40.99......


For $4.09!!
 
 
These Solar Powered Grapevine Lantern lights were originally $20.....$2.00!!


These are how they look lit up....

 
 
 I had looked at these throughout the Season but did not want to pay that much money for them!!!!!


$19.99 for these solar powered Vine Lights....down to $1.99


Here they are lit up!!


 
And $20.99 for this plug in set of Curtain lights......$2.00!!!


Aren't they pretty????


Since they are plug in ones so they can be used inside the house....
 
 
Next....


I bought 5 sets of these solar powered lights.....


$20.99....down to $2.09.....

Lit up....


 
4 sets of these plug in Globe lights.....

$19.99....down to $1.99 each.....


I love how they look lit up.....
 

So much so that I used them to replace 2 sets of lights that burned out on my Living Room Tree....
 
 
 

 
I love the way they look on the Tree.....



I will be using these on different Trees and maybe even outside for Christmas....
 
 
I could not resist these.....


They were $15.99 and came down to $1.59......
 
And lit up....


So pretty!!!

I hung 2 out in the back yard........




And 2 out in the front yard on each side of the park bench....

 
For now , I left the bird baths in place but I will be packing them away soon.....




They stay lit until around 6:30 am in the morning.....


I grabbed this set of Candles....

$24.99....
 

For $2.49....

I did not even know that they change colors until I saw the back of the box when I took it out of the bag....

 
And are remote control too!!


And that completes all the Lighting purchases at 90% off.....
 

This is the rest of the Haul....


I grabbed this sign because even though it is Summer merchandise, I figured I could use this on the front porch for Fall .....


Was originally $16.99....down to $1.69!
 

These Broyhill outdoor pillows were a buy.....

$20 each, marked down to $2.00 each!!!!


They are reversible with a solid black back and have a zipper that you can take them off to wash them!!!!


I will be packing them away for next Summer but I wanted to see how they looked....


I may have to look for new chair cushions next year....


 
2 mini Garden Flags at $7.99.....79 cents each!!!!



 
These were $9.99......


Marked down to 99 cents......
 
 
Joe talked me into buying this pot.....

For $1.19


I could not resist these....

$9.99, down to 99 cents a piece....

I put them here....

 

This was $12.99.....

Again, down to $1.29 cents...

It lights up too!!!!


This was $9.99....

Marked down to 99 cents...


This tray was $12.99.......

Down to $1.29!


And these were $7.99 originally.....


Now 79 cents.....


So that is my 90 % off Haul....



 
Now how much did I spend????

The first cart full came out to $30.34 after a $5 off coupon was applied....


The second cart full was $36.12.....



So we spent $66.46 with a $5 off $15 Coupon....

With out the coupon, $71.46 for $714.60 worth of Merchandise!!!!

I do plan on giving some things as gifts and possibly making up a Garden Basket for one of our church Basket Raffles with some of this merchandise....
 
And I have a bit of "Dabbling" planned for some things... 


Wonder how that other woman who I was shopping with made out????

She ended up filling 6 carts full and was on the phone, sharing pictures of things with her family, asking them what they wanted...

She was barely able to fit everything in her car....

She said she also would be giving things as gifts to friends and family...
 
The cashier told Joe the next morning that she spent $350!!!
 
On $3500 worth of Merchandise!!


Now you know that Joe loves to shop these type of sales....

Probably more so than I do...

He went back down to Big Lot's on Tuesday and sure enough, they still were offering 90 % off even though it remains unadvertised....

I wanted him to pick up more of those Globe lights and he brought these home!!

They have white wires!!!!!



I will have to check the boxes I bought on Monday as I did not even realize that they were available in white and green wires....
 
I will be adding a set of these to the white garland in my Sitting Room on the faux mantel and on my white Tree that I put up in my Bedroom!!!

He bought 4 more of these and a few other things ( gifts)....

You have to think outside the box when buying Seasonal merchandise and look beyond to see if you could use things at other times during the year and for gifts....


 I hope you will stop by to visit again for my next post on FRIDAY!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 


7 comments:

  1. HAPPY SHOPPING...ALL those lights are a REAL STEAL! We no longer have any BiG Lots near here, they pretty much pulled out of the Chicago area...sadly...I really miss their merchandise. On the rest of it, I can't imagine where you could put one thing more in your home, but I'm sure you will find someplace...Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What amazing buys! Our Big Lots is a smaller store and even when they have these sales, there is usually only about a one shelf with items. You made out like a bandit!!!!! What lovely finds!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack! I’m so excited and happy that you found all those HUGE bargains….I know you will make good use of every single item. You will make stunning decor, lovely gifts, a terrific donation basket or two and your yard will be so amazing with lights!! Way to go Debbie! We all will be looking forward to seeing how you make the magic that you do with all that loot!
    Best wishes always, V.

    ReplyDelete
  4. V.,
    Thanks again for stopping by again!!
    The prices on some of those things were truly incredible....A lot of the lights are put away for next Spring/Summer and I have already started planning on a nice garden type basket to donate to our church for a raffle...I hope you are having a great weekend...We have been getting a lot of storms here...
    Hugs,
    Deb..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh boy Debbie! You sure did get a haul didn't you? I love those lightbulbs. Way to go.
    Visiting today from Encouraging Hearts & Home #30&31

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, so many great bargains! You hit the jackpot. I can’t ever seem to make it to their major sales at the right time. Thanks for sharing at #homematters. Allyson @ Southern Sunflowers

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my goodness, what bargains you found! You are obviously a lucky person to shop with, with your history of finding great sales!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...