I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 13, 2023

Fall Front Porch and Yard, 2023

 

 

 



 

 


 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 

 I know I had promised to share my "Elegant Autumn" Tree and the "Pumpkin Patch" underneath it in the Living Room today but yesterday I worked for 6 hours on the Front Porch and Yard and took pictures so I had them ready and I am going with that for today....


In my last post, I began my Fall Tour of our Living Room and shared how I decorated the top and area around the TV Entertainment Center for Fall...



 

 My Harvest Village...

 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!


Yesterday, as I mentioned in the beginning of this post, I worked for 6 hours in the front of the house.....

I cleaned and packed up all the Summer Porch decor and the yard art....

While Joe cut down some of the perennials on the slope, I cut down some on the top in the flower bed that runs along the front of our row of townhouses....

Next I trimmed the shrubs in the flower bed under the Living Room window, shaping them...

I then cleaned the furniture on the porch and ran the sweeper over the rug

And finally, I was able to decorate the front porch and yard for Fall....

I initially thought I would just go with Halloween decor that I have been making and buying but I will wait until the end of September to do that as my flowers are still doing pretty well and I hate to get rid of them at this point....

 First I watered them like crazy to keep them alive in the heat and humidity we have had this Summer and then they got water logged after a week of daily storms that caused Flash Flooding in parts of our area....

We will finally be getting some beautiful Fall weather here so I will see how the flowers do after this amazing stretch of weather.....


I have been waiting all Summer for a week like this!!

I am going to get right to it today......


I did make a few changes from last year....







I moved the topiary that I made from a tomato cage many years ago, closer to the front door....



I bought this terra cotta Jack O Lantern MANY years ago at a church Flea Market.....


Remember the pumpkin I made from a few wood pieces I had in my stash in our Storage Room.....



Last year, I made a new Fall bow for the top of the topiary which is lit with orange LED lights from dusk til dawn....



This year, I hung this wooden leaf wreath, that has to be almost 20 years old, between my townhouse and my neighbor's....




I made the wreath for the front door a few years ago but since the red truck sign that I had in the center of it faded out, I decided to replace it with a metal one that also is about 20 years old......






My weeping mortar allows me to be able to hang signs and other things from it.....






Remember this sign that I just bought at Big Lot's for 90% off Summer Clearance.....


I told you it could be used for Fall......

Another new bow I made last year.....


A Church Flea Market find.....

 
I bought this Jack O Lantern in Wegman's...


And remember the unfinished wood crate that Joe rescued from our dumpster that I stained .....
 
 


It will hold up better to the elements since it is exposed to them here on the front porch......

I made this using a children's rake.....

 
Every year, I spray all the signs with a clear sealer to help protect them form the elements.....



No, I did not buy different cushions and pillows for the chairs for Fall....


They are my "old" ones that I had before I bought the red ones that I use for the Summer....
 
In this corner of the porch.....


I kept my new black and white striped rug out as I think it will also look great when I decorate the porch for Halloween!!


I topped this faux topiary tree that graces our front porch year round, off with a bow I made from burlap colored deco mesh.....


I also added orange lights to this tree...


My Fall mail box cover.......
 
 
 
 We keep garden tools, gloves, etc. in this mail box.....

I hung these wooden Fall leaves from the metal trellis that I keep in the corner behind the table....

Along with another terra cotta pumpkin purchased at a church Flea Market.....


And a sunflower lantern and a faux pumpkin...........





I have had this Fall leaf garland for many years......
 

And I have added deco mesh to it and other pieces of garland to it over the years....


More deco mesh bows on each side and one of the new rust colored deco mesh ribbons that I recently made in the center with faux Indian Corn......


The garland also has orange lights on it....


After the pots dry out, I will water all of them and fertilize them one last time with Miracle Gro to see how they do....

 
 I am trying not to have to buy mums this year....
 
 
 
I have a Fall porch flag out....
 


I am happy with how the porch looks for Fall this year....



You can see that the coleus have done pretty well......



I gave these shrubs a good trimming, shaping them.....


This picture was taken in mid August so you can only imagine how wild and wooly they were after all the rain that we have been getting....


Much better but I can see in this picture that I need to do a little more trimming on the left one on the left side...


The impatiens are a bit water logged and I picked off all the yellowing leaves....


You can see how much better they looked in these 2 pictures taken at the end of August....



I will keep all these flowers as long as I can or until I decorate this area for Halloween.....









Looking down the sidewalk......
 

The front flower bed at the top of our slope from the front porch....


The left side of the flower bed....



A Dollar Tree yard stake in a pot filled with yellow marigolds.....


 
I will be using this shovel in a Halloween display.....

I bought the metal Pumpkin yard stake last year in Dollar General.....

Sorry the sun is shining on the mini flag.....


My Park Bench.....


Another one of the new bows that I made from deco mesh ribbon on the lantern.....

 
A faux white pumpkin and an owl that I keep out here year round.....


The right side of the front flower bed.....



A new Pumpkin yard stake bought at Dollar General.....


And another pot of marigolds.....



From Dusk.....








Til Dark.......

 
   
    
 
  
 
    
 
 
 
 
     
   

   
 
  



I will put candles in the Jack O Lanterns when I decorate for Halloween.....

I hope you enjoyed seeing my Fall Front Porch and Yard for this year....

In my next post on FRIDAY, I will continue my Tour of my "Elegant Autumn" Living Room....


So I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY!   
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
  THURSDAY
 
 
 
 Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



9 comments:

  1. All I can say about your porch is It's Just FUN!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I do love when people put out seasonal lights. I think they look so beautiful glowing in the dark, little flashes of unexpected color you may stumble upon.
    I think it goes back to my childhood- I grew up in a very rural area, but my grandparents lived outside Pittsburgh. When we went out to visit them, my grandfather would often take all the grandkids for a night time drive to look at the city lights. I especially liked seeing the colorful neon lights on roadside buildings- yes, they were probably bars and taverns, LOL, but coming around a corner and seeing a flash of color shining in the dark was pleasant for this country child who didn't even have stoplights at home!
    I still remember seeing a little brick Pittsburgh house up on a steep hill one spring night- they had outlined their front porch with pink lights for easter! I had never seen any kind of lights except multicolor C9 Christmas lights, or sometimes the "new-at-the-time" white ones.
    Such a treat for a night time passer-by.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am glad hat you enjoyed this post and seeing the lighting brought back some cherished memories of yours!! I hope you have a good weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Your front porch looks WONDERFUL! Worth waiting for! Your flowers did wonderfully - you really nursed them through this crazy summer. I love all the fall colors and treasures. So nice. I wish I lived across the driveway!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So festive and you are definitely ready for Fall, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie,
    Your porch and yard are so ready for fall. Everything looks beautiful. Congratulations, you are being features on Thursday Favorite Things. I hope you stop by. https://www.eclecticredbarn.com/2023/09/fall-decorating-and-goodies-on-thursday.html
    Hugs,
    Bev

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, once again I have to say that I absolutely LOVE your fall front porch. It looks so cozy and inviting and perfect for your morning coffee or a late cup of tea. Thank you for sharing your post at the Senior Salon Pit Stop! I'm excited to be featuring you at Monday’s party. Congrats! Pinned
    Hugs,
    Maria @ kraftyplanner.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that green and yellow leaf welcome wreath by the front door!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the leaf garland on your front porch railing, it's so cute! Thank you for sharing at Tell It To Me Tuesday! I hope to see you again this week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...