I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, September 20, 2023

"Elegant Autumn" Vignettes in the Living Room, 2023







  

 Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
 
 I now post 3 TIMES A WEEK on MONDAY, WEDNESDAY and FRIDAYS!!!!
 
 
As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so.... 
 
 

 Today, I will be finishing up my Tour of the Living Room decorated in an "Elegant Autumn" theme........
 


In my last post, I shared my "Elegant Autumn" Tree in the Living Room and the "Pumpkin Patch" underneath it....



 

 

Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 

Today, I want to share how I decorated the tabletops in the Living Room.....

I did keep a few things out that represent my love of the Victorian Era....

I will start with the stereo table across from the corner by the stairs that I shared in my last post...

 
Several years ago, I bought a Nostalgic Stereo System....


And Joe found a vintage table that it fit perfectly on in a local Antique Co Op....


The stereo, which has a turntable, radio, CD player and even a cassette player, fits perfectly on top of it....

I bought a pair of vintage milk glass lamps in Salvation Army many years ago.......

This is one of them.....

Again, since many of you have questioned where I will be putting all the new things that I recently bought and made, I will be pointing them out.....

I recently bought this for a buck in Dollar General.....

 

Both the magnifying glass and the tea cup were bough at the now closed Christmas Tree Shop stores....

I love this table because of the cubby holes.......


The gold frames that I used for all my "Instant Relatives" pictures fit in with the rich traditional Fall colors....


All the ceramic pumpkins were bought over the years at Dollar Tree....


The cute owl shelf sitter came from Big Lot's.....

 
  I made the "pumpkin" from a thread spool 2 years ago....
 
 
 
 Along with the scarecrow on the bottom shelf....
 

 

Across the room is a large round table.....
 

   

I bought 2 of these large tables when a local Hotel had a sale before it was to be torn down.....


I paid $5 each for the tables that where once used with 2 chairs for dining in their guest rooms....

I replaced my lace linens for the Summer with gold chenille toppers, tablecloths and runners that I bought many years ago in Target after Christmas!!!!


The lamp is a vintage crystal one....


On top of a copper colored candle stick is a scarecrow hat ( instead of a witch's hat) that I made last year from a "play" cone bought in Dollar Tree las year....




The owl was bought in Big Lot's.....




The large pumpkin and tea cup are both church flea market finds, as is the phone....


The clock was gifted to me by my MIL when she retired from the former RCA Factory.....


She gave it to me because she knew that her 2 daughters would probably sell it and she knew that I would keep it.....
 
At least that is what she told me....

This is an acorn that I bought in Dollar General this year....
 
 


I placed it along with some pine cones in one of Joe's Grandmother's carnival glass dishes.....



 On the wall above the table.....

 

The faux window......
 
 
 
You may remember the Throw that I bought in Gabes for $8.99.....


Here it is on the sofa ......


With 2 pillows that I made covers for from a cut off of a tablecloth that was too big for my Dining Room table.....
 

I used a simple envelope pattern that I have used before in making pillow covers....



Hanging on the drapes of the faux window.....
 

 
 
I did hang 2 large leaf ornaments on each end this year.....
 
 
 

 

 
 I used these 2 signs that were $1 a piece from Dollar General.....


One in the center of the wreath I made many years ago.....


And one hanging below it.....


On the other side.....
 



 
Over on each side of the TV Entertainment Center are 2 tables....

This 3 tiered vintage table is on the left side....

 
I shared how I changed up this topiary I made in a previous post......


My MIL gave this table to me after taking it from one of her cousin's homes who was downsizing.....




Joe gifted me the lamp, which he bought in J.C. Penney's....
 



The heart shaped orange tea cup and the Tea for One set are flea markets finds....





On the middle shelf is a tea pot and teacup which remind me of Fall because of their colors.....


On the bottom shelf is another carnival glass bowl that I bought at a yard sale a very long time ago.....

 
 And you may remember this leaf bowl that I just bought at that wonderful church flea market....

 

 
I also recently bought these 2 velvet pumpkins in Dollar Tree....
 

 
 Well, I did a bit of "Dabbling"....


 
  One is on the floor by the topiary....


 
 And the other one is on the floor here....




On the other side of the TV entertainment center.....


Is another round table....

 
I forgot to mention that I also am using my red velvet like throws.......



This table is actually an antique drum table that I bought a very long time ago at an antique shop in the Pocono Mountains area here in Pa.


Joe also gifted me this lamp which he also bought in Penney's.....



Another "pumpkin" I made from a thread spool....


The owl came from Big Lot's....





 
 
   
 
Behind this table on the side of the front door.....
 

A marble topped plant stand.....
 

 
  On the top of the stand is a hurricane lantern with the base filled with Fall fillers....

 
 Including some of the pine cones from the neighborhood.....

 
 A apothecary jar is on the bottom shelf.....

 
A scarecrow that I made last year hanging on the side of it....
 
 
 
Next to it is a vase that Joe rescued from our dumpsters....

 
I added these aqua colored velvet pumpkin picks that I bought this year at Dollar Tree to a floral arrangement inside of it....

   
 
 

 And that completes my posts on my Tour of the Living Room decorated in an "Elegant Autumn" theme for Fall....

I hope you enjoyed the Tour....



I will be finishing up Week 3 of decorating the house both inside and out for Fall and Halloween.....

I will be finishing up the Kitchen today and that leaves only the Powder Room to do and I do not really do a lot of decorating in there....



I am not sure what I will be sharing in my next post yet but I hope you will stop by to visit again on FRIDAY.....  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 

  THURSDAY
 

 
   Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!


6 comments:

  1. I knew you would find a place for everything! It is all just lovely - so GOLDEN, which is perfect for Autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pumpkin patch box. That's really cute. So many things, DEbbie! Hats off to you for keeping them organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have so many wonderful fall touches and vignettes everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne,
      Still can not comment on your blog for some reason so I am doing so here!! Thanks again for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. OK, I love that giant acorn! Everything says autumn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Debbie, your fall decor is amazing! I love all the little tulip lighting and your tables... Really pretty and so festive for the season!! I'm happy to share your post at this evening's Share Your Style #405 for you. <3

    Enjoy your fall! Our weather is supposed to change tomorrow and become more fall-like. It was still 90 today... (eye roll) Can't wear anything with longer sleeves until we get into at least the 70's so I don't broil coming out of work. :)

    Big fall(ish) hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...