I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Late Summer Coastal/Nautical Decor in the Living Room, Saturday Snippets

 


 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared some more baby pictures...what can I say, I am a proud Mimi!!


 

 Click HERE if you missed that post!! 

 

  I want to Thank Barb, over at the French Ethereal, for choosing my post, Anyone for Tea in the Dining Room? , as one of her features from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party...

 

Thanks so much, Barb!!
 
Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!
 
 
Welcome to Saturday Snippets!!!


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 
 
 Yesterday, on the 16th, it was 4 months since my family lost a Father and Father-in-law.....
 
 
 
 
 A Grandfather, G Pop...


 
 
 

An Uncle....
 



 And a Husband....
 
 


 

And today, the 17th, would have been Joe's 70th Birthday!!!!

Joey and I will be remembering Joe on his Birthday with his favorite Food.....
 
 


PIZZA of course!!!

Happy 70th Birthday in Heaven, Joe!!

 
 It has been a tough week as on Monday, the 12th, would have been our 46th Wedding Anniversary....


BUT, this week, I was also surrounded by family as my son Jim, DIL Danielle, the pups and the Twins came to visit as did my niece Renae and great nieces, Cait and Carly.....
 
I was happy to pass on some of Joe's Hockey tee shirts and the remainder of his Hockey jerseys to the girls....

I also got to spend time with family, my niece Cortney and her boyfriend John, my nephew Dan and his wife Heather and my nephew Brian and his wife Anne, at my BIL John's funeral luncheon on Monday...

And my son Joey is here every day for Dinner and he always provides my comic relief.....
 
Even at my BIL John's Funeral Service when it came time to offer Peace to those surrounding you when he said loudly "HEY"! causing my nieces to break out in giggles....
 
However, I am glad this week will soon be over.......


 
Today, I will be finishing up the Tour of my Living Room decorated for Late Summer with some Coastal/Nautical decor......
 
We will start at the front door....

A Dollar Tree sign that I made last year......

I am going to share Joe's great grandmother's Hutch in my next post.....


On the stairs.....
 
 
 
I placed some shells in the lanterns and added bows that I made in aqua and peach ribbon to the tops of them.....
 
 
 
 
 
 An apothecary jar filled with shells and sand.....
 


The other side of the stairs.....

A wreath I made a few years ago.....

An anchor bought at Big Lot's several years back....

A candle decorated with shells.....

I made this out of one of those glass blocks....

And another apothecary jar filled with shells and sand....


The corner by the stairs.....


I decorate this vintage chair for every Holiday and Season....

I see that I have to re-glue the sequins on the starfish at the top of the chair....

I framed this quote that I found online....

Driftwood, shells that I embellished and sand dollars...

And a large starfish....


 
Underneath the chair....

I forgot to light the candles for the pictures as I have them set on the color aqua.....

I decorated my lighted branch Tree with aqua butterfly, birds and snapdragon ornaments that Joe bought many years ago on Clearance for 90 % off in Big Lot's... 


On the marble topped cherub plant stand that the Tree rests on.....

A star fish, more shells and doves....

And the beautiful lighted plaque that my son Jim and DIL Danielle gifted me one Mother's Day....

In the evening....

I hung the beautiful peacock ornament that my nieces bought me for Christmas on the side of the curio and added a peacock pick to the garland on top of the curio....

 

 
 
 I hope you enjoyed seeing my Coastal/Nautical Late Summer decorations in the Living Room for this year....

 
 
 
 
 

 

 
 Click HERE and HERE for my previous posts on the Living Room Late Summer decorations.....
 
 It will stay decorated like this until the week after Labor Day when the big change over to Fall will begin!!!

 
 In my next post on MONDAY, I will be sharing a few decorations in the hall way, and how I decorated the Hutch and my tables for Late Summer in the Living Room.....
 
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY!!!  
 
  Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
 
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



8 comments:

  1. Virtual hugs as you make it through this week, my friend. How wonderful your family has joined together to celebrate memories during this sad remembrance.
    The last photos were worth waiting for. I love every detail in this room. And that peacock ornament is the bomb!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Heavenly Birthday to your husband. I am sure he is there in spirit to enjoy his special day!. Your coastal decor is beautiful. I love beach/coastal themes too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wishing Joe a very happy 70th in Heaven; I am sure he is looking down on your pizza and smiling. It's so great that you've been surrounded by family because I am sure you have all sort of extra emotions this week with all these milestones. The summer coastal decor is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a teacher, the starfish story has always held such significance! As a school staff, we'd revisit it each year and challenge ourselves to always be mindful that our efforts matter!

    Thinking of you this week, Debbie! I'm sure it's been a bittersweet time for you as you recall so many memories and moments from a lifetime of loving your Joe. Praying that God's peace and love surround you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Milestones are always the toughest, Debbie. I'm so glad you were surrounded by family...especially those darling girls. My goodness, crawling already - or on their way there!! So sweet!! Hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What sweet family photos. Prayers for strength for you during this time. I love your coastal decor! I'm a beach girl and always have some of that myself. Visiting from the Love Your Creativity linkup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for taking the time to visit!! I truly appreciate your prayers....Glad you enjoyed my Coastal decor! I hope you are enjoying your week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  7. Those babies are beautiful! How fun for you and your family! It sure sounds like you have had a busy and sad time recently but I am sure family brightens the day.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...