I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Babies, My Moss Rose Collection and Angels in the Dining Room, 2024

 

 

 

 

 


Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 In my last post, I shared my Tea Room Buffet in the Dining Room......


 
 
 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

 

My identical Twin Grand Daughters turned 7 months old on the 29th......

  

Lily and Gigi

 

 

They are getting so big.....

 

 

 

 

    

 


 And look at them sitting up by themselves!!!

 They just melt my heart.....

 

 This is all over You Tube on decor video's right now...


 It has always been my philosophy!!

“The rule of decorating is: buy what you love to look at, what you love to live with. And throw it all together and it'll work because you love it” 

A quote from Betsey Johnson, maximalist queen.

In her 80's Betsy Johnson is popular again for her style!!


And with that being said, I will continue my Tour of the Dining Room, my most Victorian looking room, decorated for Summer in a Tea Room theme.....



 I will start where I left off in my previous post, at the Hutch.....
 
 
 
 I also want to mention that my Dining Room furniture was Joe's Maternal Grandmother's and his Uncle refinished it in a fruitwood stain as it was originally done in a blond finish....
 
The top of the Hutch....


 
 
 
 I bought the lamps many years ago at a yard sale for $1.00 each and I bought the crystals that I added to them on Ebay.....

 
 The Victorian Ladies are from Home Interiors.....
 
This is a picture of my paternal grandparents who were immigrants from Poland, Adam and Agnes Kolojejchick.....
 
 
 
 The miniature Victorian houses were gifted to me by a reader of my Blog several years ago.....

 
 
 The pictures in the smaller frame is of my Grandmother and Great Grandmother on the left side and my Mother and my Grandmother on the right side..... 
 
Another Home Interiors Victorian Lady.....
 
 
 
 

Last year, I took the glass doors off the Hutch when I decorated it in an Apothecary Cabinet theme for Halloween......

 I do not think I will ever put them back on because I do like it a lot better without the doors as you can see what is inside much better.......

 
 
 For the Summer, I moved my Moss Rose Collection back into the Hutch.....

 
 If you want to read more about how I acquired it , please click HERE....
 
 
I also displayed my collection of Indiana Glass Colony Park Lane Clear Ruby Red Flash Vintage Glassware 

 
The top shelf....


 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 The middle shelf..... 
 
 
 
 
  

 
 
 
 The bottom shelf.....
 
 



 

 
 
 
 On the side of the Hutch.....
 
 
 
 Hanging on the vintage window that I use as a room divider.....

Are two plaques that I made......

 
 
 
 I made a small table out of a pedestal and a hat box......
 
 
I placed a brass candelabra that I painted pink on top of it.....

 
 
 
 The pink votive glasses are from Home Interiors.....

 

 Vintage china....
 
 
 
 The pink topper was bought on Ebay about 10 years ago ...
 
 

The hand crafted white topper is vintage.....
 
 I also collect Angels and have a collection of Guardian Angel plates.....
 
 

I hung them on the soffit.....


 
 
 
 

And this is where I will leave off for today.......


In my next post on SATURDAY for Saturday Snippets, I will be finishing up the Tour of the Dining Room Decorated in a Tea Room theme.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY!!!
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:

 
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 



14 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie -- Those babies are so adorable -- doesn't seem possible they are seven months old already!! All your moss rose china and cranberry glass is lovely -- I have one pedestal bowl of cranberry glass that is used to serve cranberry sauce!! Do you use yours or are they just for decor? Enjoy your day, and those babies!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! I know...I find it hard to believe that the twins are 7 months old already!! My vintage glassware is for show only....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  2. How adorable are those little girls? Very, very!
    It’s sad that there’s no more HomeInteriors today, they had the most charming collections…and it was fun going to the parties and socializing. I guess things change. You do a lovely job of displaying your seasonal, Victorian, kitchen and holiday treasures and you are so creative with your crafts, you have a great eye!
    I always love to tour your home with you. Thanks for sharing…and take care. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Thank you for always taking the time to visit!! I am so glad that you enjoy my little tours....I do love "playing" in my house and garden!! I hope you have a great weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous pair of girls! It just makes me smile to see those precious little faces. What blessings they are to your family! And so smart! Sitting all by themselves already! I still have several Home Interiors items in my house. It was fun to go to the parties.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like those Victorian ladies from Home Interiors! Do you remember Christmas Around the World? I really enjoyed attending those parties!
    Oh you are so blessed to have such adorable grand babies! And twins - two to love on!
    Your home is warm and cozy and shows off all your lovely collections. Home should be that special place for us - and you’ve definitely made your place, truly a sanctuary!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Debbie! Your granddaughters are so adorable! They are growing so fast! 7 months flew by! I'm sure it feels longer for Mom and Dad though!(-: I have a granddaughter due in September! I love your china set. It is beautiful. I think the doors off is nicer too! It is nice to be able to enjoy it! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Debbie, Of course those girls melt your heart....they're just yummy! No offense, but I went right past the home pics to see them. Have you had a chance to babysit yet? I hope you have a nice weekend. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PJ,
      Thanks again for taking the time to visit!! I answered your question about baby sitting in my last post...I think they think it will be too much for me to watch 2 young babies alone and I think they are right as I have not cared for a baby for about 43 years...I hope you have a great week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  7. Your granddaughters are getting so big already! How fun that they're already sitting up. Pretty soon they'll be into everything! You have so many lovely pieces of that Moss Rose collection.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love the moss rose collection. So pretty! Your granddaughters are so precious. What a fun stage. Visiting from Talking About it Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jennifer,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I do love the Moss Rose design...Yes, the twins are getting big and are such a delight to us all...I hope you are having a goood week!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble BLOG

      Delete
  9. I am in love with all of your beautiful frilly things. The china is so beautiful. I'm wondering if you have any Royal Daulton/Royal Albert china. My mother loves the Royal Doulton Country Roses set. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kristen,
    I apologize for taking so long to get back to you....Forgive me...No, unfortunately, I do not have any Royal Daulton/Royal Albert china. I have always admired it though...I am happy that you enjoyed your visit here....I hope you are having a good week!!
    Hugs,
    Deb
    Debbie-Dabble Blog

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...