I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, July 29, 2024

Tea Room Buffet in the Dining Room, 2024


 
 
 


 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared an Update on how my flowers are growing in my back yard Cottage Garden and Patio.....

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank Charlene, over at A Pinch of Joy, for choosing my post, Paint Projects and Changes in the Living Room, as one of her features from last week's Busy Monday Link Party!!

 

 Thanks so much, Charlene!!

 Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!! 


 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Just a few pictures of my little visitor as I took advantage of some cooler weather with low humidity to sit out on the front porch and finally get a bit of reading done.....

I have about 10 more of her books to read!!

But it is a start....

You can tell the dew points and humidity are very low because I have no edema in my ankles at all!!

On Friday, my little visitor decided to watch me from a top this statue in the front flower bed....

  
I needed to take a few days to rest and reflect because now that I am finished taking care of everything I needed to do in the wake of Joe's passing, along with the final payment from Joe's pension, the finality of it all hit me....
 
 
 
 I knew this would happen as I went through this twice before....
 
 
 
 And on Saturday afternoon, I found out that my Bird Bath is not just for the Birds!!! 


 
Once all the pouring over paperwork, making phone calls and running to appointments ends, it gets very quiet...
 

 I needed to just take a breath and rest in that quiet a bit....

I have enjoyed just sitting and reading the last few days.....

And I also realized that I need to make time to do more of that.....


After I finally took down the Easter decorations in the beginning of May in the Dining Room, I returned my very Victorian looking Dining Room to "normal", meaning devoid of any Seasonal or Holiday decor.....

For the late Spring and Summer months, I decorate the Dining Room in a Tea Room theme using some of my Collections.......

Today, I am going to be sharing how I decorated the Buffet and the top of the small Curio next to it....

As I mentioned previously, my Dining Room is my most Victorian looking room in my townhouse, which was built in 1976/1977, which I call my own personal Victorian Bed and Breakfast.....

In the corner.....

I was a huge fan of Home Interiors and had many Home Interiors parties and was even asked several times to sell the line.....


It is funny now that on You Tube, I see so many now thrifting a lot of the old Home Interiors products as part of the new Cottagecore or Grandma Chic style.....

I never removed them from my walls as I have always loved them....

Like this picture of a beautiful fan......

I was lucky enough to find these magnolia plaques that match the wall paper border in this room almost perfectly.....


Hanging from them are Victorian Lady tassel ornaments.....

I have several of my Thomas Kinkade Inspirations Collection " Reflection in Pink" Ladies....


There are Swarovski crystals in their hats as you can see......



I made the tussie mussie hanging in the corner......
 
 
 
 On the wall.....
 
 
 
This Home Interiors picture was given to me by a co worker....
 
 
 
 Because it matched this one.....
 
 
 
 On top of a Home Interiors shelf ,above the pictures, are some pieces of my Tea Cup Collection.....
 
 
 
The 2 on the ends are fairly new but the 2 in the middle are vintage, made in Japan with a luster finish....


A pair of my Mother's gloves that I embellished hung over the corner of the picture....
 
 
 
 On the buffet......
 
 
 
But before we get to that....

On a pedestal bought at a church flea market is one of my Victorian Dolls....

She was the first one I bought....

You may remember that the Buffet looked like this for Easter.....

I had it set for a Bunny Tea.....

When Joe became ill and passed away only 5 weeks later, I did not get to take down my Easter decorations until the beginning of May and I left out some of the things that I used at Easter.....

Let's start at the left side.....


I was gifted this vintage lamp by an older couple who were antique dealers .....


I became acquainted with them when I used to go to yard sales and estate sales every week and ran flea markets for our church .....

They knew I loved vintage lamps and quite often, I would find a box of them on my front porch with a note from them....



Another one of my Thomas Kinkade Pink Ladies.....


Faux chocolates in a pink depression glass dish....

Another pink depression glass......


More faux goodies and a Victorian Calling Card.....


On a cake stand.....


A tea pot gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie....


Another calling card and lace gloves with a brooch pinned to them.....


In the center......


On another Home Interiors shelf, is a picture of Joe's maternal Grandparents......



On a gold mercury glass pedestal, is a mini tea set gifted to me by a friend.....


"A Cup of Friendship" Book....


Another pink depression glass dish with more faux goodies......

 
 On the right side....
 

 
 One more pink depression glass bowl and a faux cupcake......
 
 
 
 On another gold mercury glass pedestal, is a biscuit jar with faux goodies in it.......
 
 
 
 It is resting on a plate that matches the tea pot, also gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie.....  


 
 And more of the same.....
 
 
 
 Along with another Pink Lady....
 
 
 
 And a capodimonte rose.....
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 
 
The small Curio between the Buffet and the Hutch......
 
 
 
 Above the Curio....
 
 
 
 
 
 2 more Home Interiors pieces....
 
 
 
 I just saw someone buying this shelf at a thrift store in a You Tube Haul video and using it as is in her home....
 
 
 
 The Angel is part of a set of 3 also gifted to me by Anne Marie.....
 
 
 
And a vintage tatted hanky.....

The top of the small Curio which was my late neighbor Elly's......



The angel , that came with this card, was gifted to me by my sister Barb, when Joe passed away....

 
A pink Victorian style tulip lamp....


The doves are from Home Interiors.....
 
 
 
 

2 More Victorian style dolls in front of the small Curio....

And before I end for today, I want to share the crystal chandy that Joe's Aunt Margie gave us as she opted to replace it with a more Country style one many years ago.....


I embellished these lamp shades bought a The Christmas Tree Shop

And hung these pretty Victorian style ornaments with tassels from it.....


 In the evening....

And this is where I will leave of for today!!!

I have been seeing a lot of videos on You Tube of people painting their rooms in deep rich color and calling it "Moody Romantic" Style...

Also seeing a trend called "color drenching" where the walls, ceilings and wood work are all painted the same rich color.... 

Let me just say that I have been painting my ceilings the same color as my walls for the last 30 years now!!!  

I guess I am back in style again!!!

 

In my next post on THURSDAY, I will be continuing my tour of the Dining Room decorated in a Tea Room theme for the Summer.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY !
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




5 comments:

  1. Your visitor is really cute; I have a squirrel that comes up on our deck to watch me read (really, I think he just wants the bird seed!). You have lots of pretty Victorian touches all over the dining room. I love how you embellished the chandelier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am doing the same thing as you, enjoying some cooler weather and reading. I have all of Cornwells books starting with the first one, Postmortem that she wrote while working here in Richmond Virginias Chief Medical Examiner office as Computer analyst. The little chipmunk is cute. They will chew through anything as we found that out first hand here and had to take care of that right away. Everything looks so pretty at your home and the pink wall color puts off a pretty glow with lamp light. Chandelier is pretty decorated with beads. I miss the Christmas Tree shop, ours closed up. Take care and stay cool, Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha you are on trend! what a magical space you have created.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for stopping by!! And thanks for your sweet words!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  4. Cornwell is such a good writer. I hope you enjoy them all! And your little friend is darling! I have one of his relatives, Skippy DeMunk!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...