I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, July 18, 2024

Hens & Roos and Bees in the Kitchen, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared 2 paint projects in the Living Room....

 

 And new lamps!!

 Click HERE if you missed that post!!

 
 
I want to Thank Melynda, over at Scratch Made Food! & DYI Homemade Household, for choosing my post, Special Gifts from Hospice and July 4th Family Celebration, as one of her features from last week's Senior Salon Pit Stop Link Party!!
 
 
Thanks so much, Melynda!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party!!!!


Today, I am picking up where I left off in my tour of the Kitchen decorated for Early Summer in a Hens & Roos along with Bees theme.....

A few posts ago, I shared this wall in my Kitchen along with the Hutch....

 

 

 

 

 

 Click HERE if you missed that post....
 
I know it is mid Summer already but I simply was not able to get these posts on the Kitchen up sooner because of the circumstances of the last few months with Joe's passing....
 
After Easter....well, actually in the beginning of May, I decorated the Kitchen in a Hens & Roos theme and threw in a bunch of Bee items for good measure....
 
I also have many vintage and antique items in my Kitchen that I have collected for many years...
 
And my Kitchen is painted red and a light yellow....

Today, I will start over by the stove.....


In the corner....


On the side of the stove....



A vintage apron hanging on my inverted grater planter....


A vintage towel hangs on the stove.....


Vintage rolling pins and a "hen" rug beater in my Mother's antique Planter's Peanuts can....




Vintage copper molds hanging on the soffit and a picture I made using a Dollar Tree place mat....

I bought these at a church flea market last August ......all 5 for $1.00!!


Copper is back in style big time right now....



Next to the stove.....


A Hens and Roos cutting board and a few more vintage items....


I placed a set of Pittsburgh Steeler's knives, gifted to Joe by our nieces, inside his Steeler's mug....



This is where my Kitchen window used to be but when I had my Dad make the patio off the back of our townhouse into another room...

He took out the window and the back door....

I still treat it as a window.......


The tin sign hanging on the cabinet door was bought last year at Dollar General....

Hanging on the side of the cabinets.....

Plaques that I bought at Micheal's, that were inside of Valentine's Day grab bags, that I glued Dollar Tree pot holders to many years ago.....

I bought a set of 3 of these cute coffee mug plaques with hooks at that same church flea market last year for $3.00!!

I glued the tin sign over a wood one.....

Since I still treat this area as a window, I made this valance from a tablecloth and added yellow trim to the bottom of it....

The chandy I bought at Ross Dress for Less and painted it red and glued a set of demitasse cups to it....


On the other side of the cabinets.....



On the sill......


 I found these shutters in my late neighbor Elly's attic when I was cleaning it out for her sons after she passed away.....
 

 The Bee coaster is part of a set gifted to me by my friend Anne Marie....

 

The houses were bought at Michael's on Clearance for 90% off and the yellow salt and pepper shakers in the form of pots are vintage....

I forgot to turn the puck lights, that I attached to the top of the window area, on which can also be changed to different colors...red, green and blue.....

I also wanted to mention that these cabinets were originally a black walnut finish and I pained them white about 25 years ago....

In the corner......

Another tin sign from Dollar General.....

The canisters came from Micheal's about 10+ years ago.....


A few Bee things in the wire tea cup.....

I also bought the Coffee Bar sign at Dollar General last year....

You can see I have very little counter space in my Kitchen....

More vintage copper molds....



An Egg wreath from Micheal's, that I added flowers to, hangs on the cabinet door....



I am going to skip over the Beverage Bar area here in the corner by the fridge as I will be sharing it next week on MONDAY.....



On top of the fridge......



The large Hen came from Big Lot's.....


A vintage yellow enamelware coffee pot on top of a white enamelware bread box bought at Micheal's....


The salt and pepper shakers came from Hobby Lobby....


I filled my Mason Jar lamp with eggs......


I was able to push the lamp back as I found a timer in my storage room when I reorganized it that I was able to use for this lamp so now it comes on and shuts off by timer and I do not have to struggle to turn it on and off.....

 
 
 

And I will end here for today.....

On MONDAY, I will be sharing my Beverage Bar area and the Counter Bar area, completing my tour of the Kitchen decorated for Early Summer........

In my next post on SATURDAY for Saturday Snippets, I will be sharing a few New Buys including some Fall and Halloween things!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on SATURDAY!!!  
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 

  THURSDAY
    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 




9 comments:

  1. Morning, Debbie -- Your kitchen is certainly bright and colorful. I have one copper mold from many years ago -- at least 60. My son says a molded salad I make just doesn't taste right if it isn't made in that mold. Enjoy your day -- Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a bright and cheery place to cook, Debbie! I love all the bee accents you've added and the mix of red and yellow are perfect for the season. I can't get over your collection of molds. They're hard to find down here so it's fun to see all the different ones you have. It's great to hear from you and I'm glad you're back to blogging. We've missed you! Continuing to pray for you and your family. The journey through grief is not an easy one so make sure you're still taking lots of time for TLC. Big hugs, CoCo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your red and yellow kitchen, always so cheery! My favorite is that chandelier! Those cups - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love these posts, thanks for the tour! Best, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. V.,
      Thanks so much for always stopping by!! I truly appreciate it!!
      Hugs,
      Deb
      Debbie-Dabble Blog

      Delete
  5. Happy Friday! I always enjoy stopping in to see your latest. I love chickens too! I have a lamp on top of my fridge on a timer too! They make life so much easier! Everything looks great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hens and bees -- what a charming combination and a perfect one for the warmer summer months. The bright colors are so darned cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an imaginative kitchen. It looks like how your personality must be, so full of happiness. I love that you have vintage things on display, all with their own story to tell. I also have things my mother cherished on display, and some I still use. It was enjoyable visiting your post.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...