I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, July 13, 2024

Feast Day Celebration and Reorganized Closets, Saturday Snippets

 



 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 
In my last post, I shared my Early Summer Kitchen Hutch decorated in a Hans & Roos theme along with Bees and Strawberries!!

 

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank to Lisa, over at Boondock Ramblings, for choosing my post, More Patriotic Decor in the Living Room,as one of her features from the last Weekend Traffic Jam Reboot Link Party!!


Thanks so much, Lisa!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!


And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

Last week was the end of our Church's Novena to it's name sake, Saint Maria Goretti....

 

All weekend long , we celebrated her Feast Day....

Father Alex celebrated all 3 Masses held last weekend in fluent Italian, the native tongue of Saint Maria Goretti....

Click HERE if you would like to view one of the Masses celebrated in Italian....

The altar was decorated beautifully by my friend Elaine.....

 

 


 

Father Alex went to Seminary in Rome which is why he is fluent in Italian...

After Saturday's evening Mass, pizza and cookies were served in the Parish Hall....

I helped serve the pizza....


 Soda was served from the Bar area.....


 Along with cookies for dessert.....

 

We had a great turnout of around 100 people!!



After 9 am Mass on Sunday morning, the Community Group, which I belong to, held our monthly Sunday/Coffee/ Love Family Breakfast...


Again, we served pastries and bagels from a local Bakery , Bakery Delite, whose owners are parishioners....


 
We had another good crowd!!


 
Some of my fellow members of the Community Group...

And after the 11 am Mass on Sunday, we served pizza again with what was left of the bagels and pastries and Ice Cream served up by an Ice Cream Truck parked out in front of the church!!

Like Father Alex said that since our name sake Saint was an 11 year old girl, how could we not celebrate her Feast Day without Ice Cream!!!

I apologize for not getting a picture of the Ice Cream truck but I was enjoying some ice cream while visiting with many friends in the parish hall.....

 I had a wonderful time last weekend celebrating Saint Maria Goreti's Feast Day at our Church with friends!!

If you are curious about Saint Maria Goretti's story , click HERE

She is the patron Saint of chastity, rape victims, girls, youth, teenage girls, poverty, purity, and forgiveness.

"Forgive like Goretti"!

I also wanted to share pictures of our beautiful grotto on the side of the church that was recently spruced up by a Girl Scout, who is a member of our Parish, as a project to achieve a badge.....

 
Funds were obtained for the fountain and the lily solar lighting....

 
Along with planting some perennials....


And new park benches were also bought....




It truly is a beautiful place to sit and reflect.....


In a previous post, I shared that I reorganized my Storage Room and purged tools and other things that I felt I would not be using....

 Well, I have been busy and also reorganized 2 other areas which were definitely Joe's domain since he did all the grocery shopping.....

The first area is a space I hardly ever show you as it is the closet in the downstairs Powder Room where my washer and dryer are located....

Now this is a space that has to be very functional as I do have limited space in my townhouse....

Before we even moved in, I had my Dad add shelves to this area above the appliances.....

The left side.....

Top shelf has medical supplies and extra towels that can be grabbed easily in case of a water leak....

Eyeglass wipes and Dixie cups are kept on the shelf extender....

Cleaning supplies on the next shelf.....

Extra personal care items on the bottom shelf and a hair dryer and curling iron on the extender shelf........

The back wall.....

Extra paper goods on top shelf.....

Covid tests are kept on the extender shelf....

More paper goods and towels for cleaning...

Dryer sheets and swifter supplies....

Laundry detergent with gloves and scrub brushes on the extender shelves.......

Rags for cleaning and heating pads for my back and hands in the baskets...




Right side....

Extra cleaning supplies....



I covered these 45+year old rubbermaid storage shelves with contact paper to match the shelving....

 
I did purge some things that Joe used that I knew I would not be using.....
 

 
 The next area I organized to my liking is the Pantry Closet....
 

 
 When I had my Dad turn our patio into another room and enlarge the room by ripping out the wall where part of a larger storage room was, I also had him construct a pantry closet for me as I do not have a lot of  Kitchen cabinets.....
 

Joe always took care of this closet and God forbid if you put something in the wrong place!!

LOL!
 
 
 My son Joey said that he is probably looking down and saying 'No, don't put that there"!!!
 
This is how I now have it organized.....
 

 
 
 Coffee and related items on the top shelf and sauces and soups on the shelf below it...
 
 
 Rices, potato mixes and Shake N Bake .....
 

 
 Pasta, canned vegetables, canned pasta and gravies on the shelf above....

More pasta, Hamburger Helper, Mac N Cheese and Pasta Sides....
 
 

Rices, bread crumbs, granola Bars and some baking items on the shelf above....

Fruit cups , Swiss Miss and tea....


Cereals and vinegars on the floor....

And there you have it!!!

I think I am pretty well stocked too!!

I hope you enjoyed this Saturday Snippets.....

On MONDAY, I will be continuing my Early Summer Kitchen Tour.......

So I hope you will stop by to visit again on MONDAY.....  
 
  Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 
 
 

  THURSDAY
 
 
   Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

7 comments:

  1. Your closets are so organized, Deb! I have to get working on a few of my own. Summer is so distracting though. I don't want to be inside when it's sunny outside!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely information about Saint Maria Goretti and a gorgeous garden. You might want to check the use-by dates on some of your food packages -- may be out of date -- you have to eat a lot to go through all you have!! So nice that you are participating in all your usual church activities. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your visit.. Since most the of items in this closet were just bought recently, it will be quite some time before they reach their expiration date which as per the Federal Food and Drug administration," Nonperishable items like grains and dried and canned goods can still be used well past their label dates" And with my son having dinner here daily, since these are the items we like to eat, they will be used up rather quickly, well before they ever reach their expiration date...
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  3. Those closets are so tidy! Well done, Debbie. You are most definitely an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very well stocked and organized! I love seeing how full of people your church is; it's great the parish has lots of participants. I bet the ice cream truck was a huge hit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great turnout for your parish's feastday! Seeing your pantries makes me want to be better at having extras of stuff. We are always running out for toilet paper and stuff!
    www.chezmireillefashiontravelmom.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I know that organization is key when living in a small home, and you are very organized! I love the photos of the grotto, it was very nice of you to show them off, she does deserve the praise. Thanks again for sharing with us at SSPS, take care and we will see you next week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...