I am a Victorian Soul, who lives in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion!! I just recently lost my Hubby Joe, who was a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am so glad that we retired at 62 years of age and got to spend that time together before he passed....I still do love Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, September 9, 2024

Apples and Sunflowers in the Kitchen, 2024

 

 

 

 

 

 

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!

 
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!
 
Blogging has always been a stress reliever for me along with an avenue to share my passions which are my home and my garden.....
 
  Joe would want me to continue doing what I love to do so with that being said.....
 
I am going to start posting again on a regular schedule.....

I will be posting on MONDAYS and THURSDAYS....

And when I can, I will add a Saturday Snippets post on SATURDAYS... 


As always, click on each picture if you would like to enlarge it....
 
 
 PINTEREST
 
If you would like to Pin my pictures, please click on them to enlarge them to do so....
 
 
 A NOTE ABOUT COMMENTS
 
I enjoy reading your comments and will return the favor by visiting and commenting on your blog or reply to you directly here if you do not have a blog but I do have my comment section set to Moderation due to spammers and hackers so your comment will not appear immediately...
And since I have a very busy life, like most of us do, it may take me awhile to return your comments but I promise I will....
 
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
In my last post, I shared how I decorated my Beverage Area for Late Summer/ Early Fall in an Apple and Sunflower theme.....

 

 

 

 

  Click HERE if you missed that post!!


I want to Thank Linda, over at Life and Linda, for choosing my post, Labor Day Front Porch and Yard, as one of her features from last week's Love Your Creativity.Link Party !


Thanks so much, Linda!!!

Please stop by and link up to this wonderful party......



 And now for a few Personal Notes...
 

We had a nice cool weekend with some rain on Saturday and then a sunny but still cool Sunday so on Friday, I made a pot of Chicken Bone Broth Soup....

 
I can not tolerate soup in the heat of the Summer so this was something that was just perfect this weekend....

I also finally started to bake my zucchini bread that I freeze for the upcoming Holiday Season and Winter....

 
I made a double batch.....


Thank Goodness my son Joey has nothing in his freezer as I use his for storing things like this....

 

Today, I planned on finishing up my Tour of the Kitchen decorated for Late Summer/Early Fall in an Apple and Sunflower theme....

But it turned out to be a really long post so I decided to split it in 2 and will be finishing up the Tour of my Kitchen on THURSDAY!

 I already shared this wall......

 

 

 

 

 

 

  So I will start where I left off at the end of that post....

In the corner above the stove, I hung a sign from Dollar Tree..........

On the side of the stove.....

A vintage inverted grater.....


An Apple and Sunflower arrangement tucked in the top and an Apple towel hung from the bottom.....

A vintage rug beater.....

My collection of rolling pins....

Inside of my Mother's vintage Planter's Peanuts can......

Did you know that Planter's Peanuts was founded right here in Wilkes Barre, Pa.????

2 vintage Apple towel and a new pot holder that I bought in Dollar General.....

A Dollar Tree sign......

Hanging on the cabinet door is another Dollar Tree sign that I embellished.....



 
Next to the stove.....

 I printed out the Apple Cider graphic and taped it over the sign that normally hangs here....

 

A set of Pittsburgh Steeler's knives that was gifted to Joe by our nieces are now here on the counter inside of his Steeler's mug.....

 
 
 
 
 
I still treat this area, where the original Kitchen window once was, as a window....
 
 
 
 I had my Dad remove the window when he turned an enclosed Patio into another room, the Den....
 
 
 
 
 
 I hung an Apple pot holder, a Sunflower place mat and a coffee mug plaque bought at a church flea market in the side of the cabinets.....
 
 
 
 I hung Apple ornaments I made from the tea cup chandy that I also made....
 
 
 

 
I added a trim that I had in my stash to the Sunflower valance that I bought from Amazon....

Same on this side....

On the sill.....

The Sunflower Salt and Pepper Shakers were bought at a church flea market last year along with the matching creamer and sugar bowl ( used in the Beverage Area)

I recently bought the wood block in the middle from Dollar General....

The Sunflower place mat which I cut to fit there in from Dollar Tree.....





I already shared this area.....




Apple and Sunflower towels and rugs.....



On top of the fridge.....



 A vintage yellow enamel coffee pot, filled with an Apple and Sunflower arrangement, and a cider jar that I made........
 
 
 
 In the center....
 
 
 
 Remember the vintage green depression glass bowls that I bought at that church flea market a few weeks ago????


I placed one of the Apples I made from a roll of toilet paper inside of it....
 
 
 
 I just bought the Apple sign on the right at Dollar General a few weeks ago.....
 

 
 
 
I hung an Apple ornament on the lamp shade......

 
I finally wised up and realized I had a timer in my stash that I could use for the lamp instead of reaching up all the time to turn it on and off.....



 Now I know most people on social media do not show their fridge looking like this but like several of my favorite You Tubers always say  "we live here" and my home is well lived in....
 
 So today, I thought I would share something I never ever share.....
 
 
 
 On the freezer door are magnets that Joe bought for me over the years and those he bought when he and Joey would make their annual trip to Pittsburgh to see a Pittsburgh Pens Hockey game....
 
 
 
 Joey will soon be making that trip alone in memory of his Dad....

I think it is something he needs to do as part of his own grieving process.....
 
 On the larger door....
 
 
 
 These are pictures of all the dogs that I had as pets and my grand pups...
 
 
 
On the far left is my childhood dog, Ginger, and the dog that Joe and I bought when we were first married, Chipper....
 
On the right side are pictures of Cassie and Savanna......

I update the pictures of my darling identical twin grand daughters, Lily and Gigi every month showing how much they are growing.....


 I do not get to see them too often as Jim and Danielle work opposite shifts and every weekend so they do not need any baby sitters.....

Joe and I did the same thing when our sons were babies....
 
The purple Butterflies were given to me from the Julia Hockey Mazur Foundation after I made a donation in Joe's Memory....

Joe worked with Julia , who was a 20 year old that passed away from cancer, when he worked at the Toyoto SportsPlex for the Wilkes Barre Scranton Penguins....
 
 She passed away only a few months before he did and he was deeply upset by her passing....

If you have a minute, please read how the Foundation started in her name benefits other cancer patients and the significance of Butterflies.....

The blue one is the one Joe brought home from her Funeral.....

And paying homage to Joe's Love of the Hockey, I have both AHL and NHL magnets he bought , the decals that he had on our car before I had it detailed on June and a picture of the twins in the onsie with bibs that Joe bought for them but never got to see them wearing them.....


When I look at my fridge, it makes me smile and that is where I will leave off for today......


 I hope you will stop by to visit again on THURSDAY when I will finally wrap up this Tour of the Kitchen decorated for Early Fall......
 
 
 Stay safe, healthy and most of all, HAPPY!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......


I am linking up to these parties:
 


  THURSDAY
 

    Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!
 

7 comments:

  1. For some reason I don't mind clam /seafood chowder at the shore but that is the ONLY hot soup I can stand in summer. I'm anxious to start cooking up soups again. I love all your cheery apples and sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your refrigerator!! I bet you smile every time you open the door. What great reminders of special times, and especially memories of Joe. (and I think I can smell that zucchini bread -mmmmm)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen looks wonderful with sunflowers and apples! I love sunflowers too! I keep mine up all year. I have fridge same way. Pictures the kids draw and magnets etc. It is part of my life! Enjoy your week Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apples & sunflowers are perfect for this time of year. I bet every time you go into your kitchen it makes you happy. Thanks for sharing your fridge magnets, so many great sentiments behind them. The twins are adorable. Can't wait to see more on Thursday. XO- MaryJo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the apples and sunflowers - and the photos on the refrigerator are precious! Yes, time for baking and soup. I cannot bring myself to throw out the chicken from Costco after we eat all the meat I can find. I can hear my dear mom saying" there is good soup in those bones!" Luckily I have a large laundry room and a freezer in there. I freeze the soup and we eat it often, and living in an apartment building it is nice to drop off at someone's door when they are under the weather. Heading out on a big trip with my husband tomorrow, but will start making pumpkin and zucchini muffins when we return - I give them for the holidays with a tag that says "You're getting MUFFINS for Christmas!"...like the old song. Enjoy your September ! www.ournewvista.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your pretty fall decorations in the kitchen. This is the perfect time of year for baking and making soup. I hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...