I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Monday, July 8, 2019

4 Walls in the Kitchen, Part 4

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Over the past several months, I have been sharing my Kitchen in a Series of posts called 4 Walls in the Kitchen where I am sharing each wall in my Kitchen......

In Part 1, I shared this wall in my Kitchen......
  Click HERE if you missed it......

In Part 2, I also shared another Wall in the Kitchen ......
  Click HERE if you missed that post.....

In Part 3, I shared this wall in my Kitchen......
And I even shared the shelf in my Kitchen that runs along the 4th wall close to the ceiling.....
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

Today, I will be sharing the final wall, the 4th wall in our Kitchen.......

But first, I want to Thank Mel, over at Decor, Craft Design, Colleen, over at Butterfly in the Attic, 
and Darlene, over at Let It Shine, who are the Creative Week Hosts for the You're the Star Blog Hop!!!  

They were kind enough to choose my post, Front Porch is Ready for the Summer, as one of the Creative features from last month's party!!!
Thanks so much, Mel, Colleen and Darlene!!

Please stop by and link up to this month long party!!

This small wall that fits between the door way to the Dining Room and the entrance to the Kitchen from the Hall way.....
Years ago, before we had our children, we had a small bistro table and 2 chairs here....
When we realized that our Kitchen was just too small for our growing family to eat in, we moved dining into the Dining Room and I had a friend of ours who did construction as a living build this counter bar to my specifications....

Originally, there was a pass through into the Dining Room here and when we first moved in, I had my Dad put 4 spindles into the pass through......
As time went on and I started to paint each room in a different color, I did not want to be able to look into the Dining Room from the Kitchen so I originally hung curtains here creating a faux window.....

On the Kitchen side, I have a plain white valance hanging from inside the pass through....
When we remodeled the downstairs 6 years ago, I re- painted every room before the new flooring was put in.....

I changed the border in the Kitchen so when I decided to spray paint a ceiling medallion that I bought at a Thrift Shop copper to match the copper pieces that I have in the Kitchen, I decided to decoupage some of the border on to the center of the medallion....
I have a copper wire basket hanging here and even though I did have faux fruit in the baskets at one time, it is empty now so it does not obstruct the view of the shelf......
I hung 2 different garlands over the white valance.......
On each side, is a feed bag Christmas ornament that I bought several years ago......
The greenery garland has some white and red flowers on it and the other garland is a feed bag garland....

Hanging in the middle is an Easter Egg wreath that I added some flowers to along with red and yellow ribbons tied in a bow....
 The other side of the garland.....
In the middle of the pass through is a piece of stained glass that I bought at a church flea market.....
As a Victorian soul, I love how it looks especially in the Dining room with the Kitchen lamp on......
 Last year, these shutters were found in my neighbor Elly's attic when her sons were cleaning her house out
They were the perfect fit as far as I was concerned for this area.......

On the small wall on the side of the counter bar......
A vintage copper mold and an old Home Interiors wooden sconce.....
A vintage tray and a wooden memo pad holder that I painted with chalkboard paint....
When we remodeled the Kitchen, we had new countertops installed and they also changed the counter top on the counter bar......
 We don't eat at the counter bar so it is used as extra counter space since I truly do not have a lot of counter space in this small Kitchen....

The left side o f the counter bar.....
A vintage pot holder is hung on the shutter......

On the ledge of the pass through are vintage canning jars including one with a vintage yellow fiesta ware tea cup and saucer.....
A red enamelware mug that holds pens and pencils, a red rooster napkin holder with a matching spoon drip bought at a yard sale on a country style quilted table runner......
In the center of the counter bar, is this stained glass lamp!!!
This is another wonderful item that was once my neighbor Elly's!!
I thought it was perfect in my Kitchen......
It also provides some ambient lighting.....

I placed the lamp on a vintage copper tray.....
2 sets of vintage salt and pepper shakers flank the lamp on each side......
A Rooster place mat from Dollar Tree......
On the pass through ledge are 2 canning jars filled with candy and cough drops and a red candle jar holder.....
The right side of the counter bar......
Again, another vintage pot holder hung on the shutter......
A holder for Joe's pizza seasonings, a vintage citrus reamer to hold Joe's candy and a red wire basket that I place cans for recyling in.........

Over on the small wall on this side of the counter bar.......
See the vintage masher hanging on the sconce.....
A vintage styled coffee grinder bought for $1.00 at a yard sale many yeas ago......
And you may remember how I cut an embroidered vintage table topper and made it into a valance that hangs between the Kitchen and the Hall way......
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

We used to have 2 bar stools in the Kitchen but I decided that the one on this side of the counter bar was just in the way since we do not eat here........

So I had Joe take it down our storage shed which then gave me this area on this side of the counter bar to decorate!!
You also may remember that I cleaned up and refinished this vintage wash board in the Spring.....
Click HERE to read that post if you missed it......
Sticking to a Laundry theme, I added a vintage looking starch tin, a canning jar filled with clothes pins that were made by hand by my MIL's neighbor for his wife many years ago, a vintage Cholrox bottle and a vintage iron.....
Underneath the counter bar........

When I designed this, I wanted a space for the microwave and also storage for small appliances.....
A piece of my new counter top was placed on the shelf that houses the microwave.....
Shelves that provide storage underneath are covered with a hand made curtain that was gifted to me by a fellow blogger many years ago.....
The curtain was made by her grandmother!!

On the other side are shelves......
Perfect for storing a George Foreman Grill, a Hot Dog Griller and a crate that I repurposed and added wheels to that holds extra bottles of soda.....
On the other side of the counter bar.....
I forgot to mention that I had Joe add bead board paneling to the sides of the counter bar after I bought a sheet of it for $1.00 at a yard sale years ago!!
A vintage chalkboard, rolling pin and rug beater......
A tin sign that I bought from a cute country shop.....
The ceramic rooster mold was my Mother's and I bought the Raspberry tin at The Christmas Tree Shop.....
So this is the 4th Wall in my Kitchen........
I hope you enjoyed my Series showcasing my Country Victorian, French Country, Vintage style Kitchen!!!

We continue to have lots of rain here in NEPA!!

On Saturday, we got 2 1/2 inches of rain from a few down pours that moved through our area....
 I emptied the rain gauge out on Sunday morning and this is how much fell overnight Sunday into Monday!!!
Another 1 1/4 inch of rain that strangely enough, none of the local meteorologists predicted!!!!

We are supposed to have 2 dry days before the rain starts again.......

I hope to clean up our back patio and share how it looks this Summer with you since I have not have a chance to do so yet because of all the rain!!

And I will give you a sneak peak of a post that I will be doing on my neighbor Lynn's back yard and how she transformed it from this......

How half of the yard looked after her and her son dug out all the grass....
 In to this!!!!!
She is now working on the other half of the yard which currently looks like this.....
When her and her son finish the project, I will share her newly transformed yard with you!!

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Celebrate Summer Link Party

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party
A Gathering of Friends Link Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party
 
SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Love the red. The vintage coffee grinder is a bargain for sure. I like seeing all of your pretty things. I also look forward to seeing what you neighbor will do next in their yard re do.
    I need some redoing around here, but just can't get with it lately.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, You sure have been busy---so many cute things in your red kitchen. The counter bar, sure serves it's purpose. I have a shelf in a pantry where those odd appliances go---which isn't attractive, but then they are basic black/stainless and pretty ugly. LOL. The yard looks like it will be fun, we are finally catching up a bit here...so much damage from the see-saw winter, finally getting the last of the dead wood/bushes done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your red kitchen is a happy place!That embroidery valance is gorgeous.I also love the pot holders and the rooster place mat,so pretty!Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Deb, you really do make a happy place in your kitchen. That lamp was a lucky find as it matches everything and I love the sweet red microwave. I have never seen one like it..Thanks for your sweet visit and I hope you start to dry out soon. That is a lot of rain..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed this post about your darling kitchen. So many beautiful things to look at. I loved it all. I look forward to your posts. I can't wait to see your neighbors yard make-over. BTW, you guys get a lot of rain. Wow!. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cozy and colorful. We spend so much time in the kitchen, it should feel welcoming.
    Amalia
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Debbie much I would like to visit your kitchen! I was delighted Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I adore your happy red kitchen. I don't guess I have even seen a red microwave. How stinking cute! Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is so colorful. I love the vintage trays. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, you even have a red microwave! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really enjoyed visiting your kitchen. I tried to get ideas for decorating my kitchen but I could never do anything that would come close to what you have done with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Debbie it's always fun to come by and see your treasures. Bright and cheerful walls in your kitchen. Love the coffee grinder.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...