I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Colorful Summer Patio, Part 2, 2019

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Previously, I shared the one side of our Colorful Summer Patio........
 Click HERE if you missed that post......

And I also shared a project that I have been wanting to do for 4-5 years but free time was an issue.....
Click HERE if you missed my post, Lighting the Way to Our Home!!

I left off at our back door in Part 1 of Our Colorful Summer Patio......
Today, I will be showing you the other side of the Patio, Joe's side, and the "Bump Out" area......
We call it Joe's side because this is where he likes to sit.....
As I mentioned in Part 1, the back yard and patio are decorated in a whimsical bright and colorful theme........
Out back yard gets the Sun for most of the day so we use 2 umbrellas to help extend the shade that the awning provides....
I will start this post off with the "Bump Out" section as I call it......
 I wanted to add a table and chair with an umbrella to the patio a few years back so I decided to extend the patio using pavers......
I "Bumped Out" the patio to house the table and chair....
The table and chair fits perfectly between the 2 walkways in the yard.....
This side of the patio is more of a working side.....
A cabinet with garden tools, gloves and other supplies is on this side of the patio along with my Baker's Rack turned into a potting bench....
As I mentioned in Part 1, I treat the outside like the inside of our house and hang things on the wall....
Garden signs that I repainted a long time ago....
The "Born to Garden, Forced to Work" sign was gifted to me many years ago by my sweet neighbor, Elly , who I mention frequently in my posts....
I bought this mirror, which was painted red originally, at a yard sale....
 I love how it reflects the garden....
I just bought the "Another Day in Paradise" sign at Ocean State Job Lot store the other day....
I planted impatiens in this hanging pot....

Joe and I tried to stop a bunch of birds from building a nest in the bars of the awning by putting PVC pipes in the groove so that could not build a nest...
Then I thought that they built a nest in the bird house and would be content with that....
Until I looked up in the corner of the awning.......

Since the birds are flying in and out, I think that may be eggs already in the nest....
So we will leave it there until the babies fly the coup!!
This is where Joe sits....
Next to his chair is an old filing cabinet that I spray painted.....
I store garden tools, gloves and other garden supplies in this filing cabinet.....
 On top of the cabinet......
 A pot planted with impatiens....
On a table next to the cabinet.....

Potted begonias and impatiens......
  Hens and chicks planted in a vintage Kitchen strainer and a gerber daisy planted in a vintage galvanized pail.....

The awning on this side of the patio does not extend to the fence because we left an area open in case, we ever needed to get up on the roof....
The baker's rack potting bench was also my neighbor Elly's......
I spray painted it pink a few years back......
 Potted hens and chicks.....
A Garden Angel....
Joe found this "Born to Garden, Forced to Work" sign in Wegman's.....
Extra potting soil stored in a white enamelware pot....
Watering cans stored on the bottom shelf....

An old potted Christmas Tree stands in the corner but I need to replace the solar lights that were on it since they did not survive the Winter.....
On the other side is a Dwarf Alberta Spruce that we transplanted into a larger pot last year.....
On the edge of this side of the patio is my Gnome Fairy Garden in a beverage tub....
Click HERE if you missed that post....
A pot of wave petunias, that were being eaten by a ground hog, in a yellow milk crate....
I hope you enjoyed seeing what both sides of our Colorful Summer Patio look like this year.....
I will be doing updates on how the flowers on the patio and in the garden are growing.....

So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

22 comments:

  1. Hi Debbie, I love, love that garden angel! So cute! And, I love birdhouses! Hope you are having a nice summer!
    It's warming up here in Colorado! laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura,
      thanks so much for taking the time to stop by and leave such a kind comment!! I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so i am doing so here.
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  2. I love all of your color! You make me smile lady. I love how you enjoy your colorful world and so hope you are healing nicely. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Debbie, I enjoyed the tour of your little patio and backyard. Love, love how colorful it is. You find such cute things for both your home and your yard. I like the mirror! it is beautiful, I find so many ideas I can add to my Tiny Yard. What fun it is to see all the beauty you have created. And thanks so much for stopping at my blog. I am getting ready to paint another piece of furniture. Hopefully my last "big" painting job. It is never ending! Have a great week! Karie

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh...everything looks absolutely fantastic !!!!
    i love that mirror so much...and the pink backers rack. i am going to find one and paint it the same ! love it !
    i was wondering if you have a watering system for all your plants. my son has a drip system and lots of flowers and it sure saves him lots of work

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheek those little birds preferring to build their own nest rather than use one (of many!) you have offered them! What a colourful happy place I can see why they have decided to set up home with you!
    Wren x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a lovely post and gorgeous photographs.
    What a lovely colourful and welcoming area it is.
    I especially liked the Gnome Fairy Garden.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Deb, your patio looks so shady and comfy. I always love a mirror in the garden and your little birdie looks just like our house wren that we had last year. One of them came by the little house again, twice, this year. Did a little singing and then left so guess they found a better place to set up housekeeping. Thanks for your visit. I am trying some new ways to dry some zinnias so will see if they work and let you know..Happy Wednesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your patio area is such a delight to visit. The bright colours are so inviting with so much to admire. A delight to visit you and a big thank you for your visit to my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loads of color! I really love those bright green chairs. And there is such a lot to see -- I think you could sit there for days and not see everything!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Debbie - thank you for stopping by Vintage Mama's Cottage and leaving your helpful suggestions about the rash I have on my face. I am heading to the clinic either later today or tomorrow and I'll let you know what I find out. I always LOVE to see all your pictures of the projects you are working on . . . I am so inspired by your colorful decor. I hope to see you again soon, and I promise I'll let you know what's going on with this annoying rash! Hugs, Nina @ Vintage Mama's Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful and colorful! love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So colorful! Love the little fairy gnome garden!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your colorful patio is so cheerful and happy! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, did I get some great ideas from this post. I LOVE your use of colors--such a talent. You have certainly inspired me to be more creative with color. I hope you're healing from the knee replacement. I had one ten years ago and am having the other knee replaced in September. It will be a blessing to be able to go out and walk again without pain and limiting activities. Again, thank you for your wonderful blog and sharing your lovely family. June

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. June,
      I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding to your kind comment here. Thanks so much for your words of encouragement! It means the world to me that I can inspire someone else with something that I have done. Thanks too for taking the time to let me know that you are out there and read my blog.
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  15. Love it all so much to look at and the colours are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could not find any other way to get in touch with you so I am responding here..Thanks so much for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  16. With a patio this pretty who needs flowers? lol Great space full of eye candy! The fairy garden planter is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the fairy garden and all the pinks! Thanks for stopping by and linking up with us at the #GatheringofFriendsLinkParty 3

    ReplyDelete
  18. You have such a beautiful garden Debbie. Love all the bright colours. So cheerful :)

    Thanks for sharing at The Summer Holiday Link Up :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...