I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Colorful Summer Patio, Part 1, 2019

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

I've have wanted to get outside and clean up our back patio so I could finally share it with you but we have been experiencing rain here almost every day either in the form of steady rain or Thunder storms and down pours!!

Crazy weather!!

I finally was able to clean up the patio the other day but it was 87 degrees out and I thought I was going to die!!
Because of auto immune disease , I suffer from sun and heat sensitivity so the heat and humidity of the Summer just about does me in, physically.....
But before I go any further, I want to Thank Karren, over at Oh My Heartsie Girl, for featuring my post,  A Flower Bed or 2,

 from last week's Wonderful Wednesday Linky Party!!
Thanks so much, Karren and thanks for the nice mosaic of my post!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!

Our back yard gets the sun pretty much all day long until around 4:30 pm when it finally moves around to the front of our house
We have an awning off the back of the house and 2 umbrellas to provide shade for our small patio.....
Today, I will be sharing one side of the patio.......
I call this my side of the patio because this is where I usually sit........

While our front porch has more of a traditional style to it.....
 Where I have decorated our back yard and patio in a very colorful whimsical style.....

The lattice the we attached to our chain link fence provides privacy as do the trees in the back of our yard.......

The edge of the patio on this side.......
My Fairy Garden that I created in a galvanized tub.......

 If you missed the post on it, click HERE.......

A potted dwarf Alberta Spruce flank each end of the patio........
We transplanted the spruces last year into new larger pots and I am thrilled to say that they survived the Winter and are doing fine!!!

A few potted impatiens.......
My Dad originally poured a concrete block off of the back of the house and over the years, I have extended it using pavers........
  We have underground wiring in our development and using pavers above where the wiring is located will make it easier if we ever need to access the wiring....

In the corner......
A wreath hangs on the lattice......
  Colorful pots planted with flowers on a colorful plant stand.....
Last year I spray painted the table which was white, this nice shade of pink.....
My oldest son, Joey, will not let me plant any flowers in this hanging pot because this is the pot
where morning doves have built a nest several years ago and he wants to have it available should they decide to come back.....
I hung a child's rack from the bracket.....
A marigold is planted in this pot......
I saved part of a solar light that no longer works and placed a votive glass that holds a citronella candle inside of it...........
 
I treat the outside spaces like I do the inside and decorate the walls......
I hung wreaths on the windows......
The shimmery chandy is battery operated and turns different colors in the evening....
I painted plain gray garden plaques many years ago to add some color.......
Last year, we bought new furniture for the patio......
This style of chairs gives me the wicker look I love with the comfort of an adirondack style chair....
Last year, I bought new cushions and pillows in J.C. Penney's.....
 
Next to the chair is a pillow that I bought in Michael's placed on top of a vintage milk crate, creating a nice foot stool for me to put my feet up on!
I got this idea from a fellow blogger whose name and Blog escapes me right now so if it was you or you know who it was, PLEASE let me know so I can give them credit!!
I did not anchor the pillow, which fits perfectly on top of the crate, because I can put extra magazines or books they I bring out to the patio inside o the crate....

A plant stand and matching table.....
Excuse the ash tray as my oldest son still smokes and will come outside to do so....

Looking toward the back door.....
 A "Happy Camper rests on the air conditioner.....
One the side of the door.....
I bought this bell many years ago and the string to ring it had long disintegrated so last year, I hung small painted pots from it....
 A Welcome sign...
Another gray garden plaque that I had painted.....
I turned a bistro chair into a planter that I planted with impatiens......
I have a saucer underneath the chair to catch any overflow from watering so the rug does not get soaked....
The back door......
Another wreath hangs on the door....
And this is where I am going to leave off for today......
I hope you enjoyed seeing this side , my side, of the patio!
In my next post, I will be sharing the other side, Joe's side, of the Patio.....
 And what I call the "Bump Out" area....
So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

Celebrate Summer Link Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Love Your Creativity Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party
A Gathering of Friends Link Party, every 2nd and 4th Tuesday

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

18 comments:

  1. Lovely colorful patio! Our patio is thankfully covered by an upper deck but we can only use the deck early in the morning or after 4 in the afternoon otherwise it is full sun all day and so hot and bright that it's just no fun to use. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Summer Fun party. Pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your fairy garden and the pink table is so pretty. The camper is cute also. Take care. Thelma..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbie, I love "your" side of the patio. It so bright and happy. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Debbie,
    Such a sweet, comfy outdoor living place you've created! You and Joe will certainly enjoy it! (Of course, seeing the camper and bistro chair makes me smile:)...)
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! Hopefully, the weather will break and this heat and humidity will be gone and we can enjoy sitting out there..
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. Looks so cute. You have done a great job decorating your little spot of earth. I love all your cute decorations. Can't wait to see more. Karie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So much to look at and admire, a true feast for the eyes. So bright and colourful and so very pretty. The galvanised tub for a fairy garden was inspirational.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pinks, white lattice and floral. So cheerful and really very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cute and cozy patio! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful place for a tall lemonade, good book or magazine and put up the feet for a respite. Love your patio.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a bright and cheerful place! I want to come sit on your sweet patio!

    Cottage Blessings,
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a lovely place to relax. Your personal touches shine through. The fairy garden is darling. Thank you Debbie for sharing at “Love your Creativity.”

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, the prettiest patio ever, just want to sit in that comfy chair, sip a cold drint and chat. Your lucky I am not your neighbor, youd find me sitting out there all the time lol. Looking forward as always to your Christmas! Enjoy your summer. Lisa@ Sweet Tea N' Salty Air

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your patio, and your fairy garden is precious! I plan to do another fairy garden this year. Thanks for linking up with us at the #GatheringofFriendsLinkParty 2

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your patio is gorgeous. I love it when people are I afraid of color. 😀

    ReplyDelete
  16. This does look pretty Debbie. Love what you have done :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays. Have a great weekend and we hope to see you Tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...