I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 15, 2019

This Year's Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub, 2019

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
 I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

For the past few years, I have done both a Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub and a Gnome Garden in a Beverage Tub.....

Before my Knee Replacement surgery, I did manage to get both of these set up for the Summer......

I also have a Fairy Garden set up on the mantle of my faux fire place in the Sitting Room......
 If you missed that post, please click HERE

Today, I will be sharing my Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub.....
But first, I want to Thank the Creative Hosts of the You're the Star Blog Hop, Colleen over at Butterfly in the Attic and Darlene over at Let It Shine, for choosing my post, Bird Nest Tea Cups, as one of the Creative Features for last month's party!!!
 Thanks so much, Colleen and Darlene!!

I also want to Thank Marilyn, over at Marilyn's Treats, for featuring my post, Surgery Update and A Bit of Stained Glass,  from last week's Over the Moon Link Party!!!
  Thanks so much, Marilyn!!!

And I also want to Thank Ann, over at The Apple Street Cottage, for featuring my post,  Making Something Out of Nothing, from last week's Party in Your PJ's Link Party!
  Thanks so much, Ann!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!

This Fairy Garden sits off the right of our small back yard patio.....
This is a galvanized tub that I ordered from Amazon and we put wheels on the bottom of it so it could be moved around if I choose to do so......
The majority of the items were bought at Big Lot's....
 I only have planted hens and chicks in the tub because I have found out by experience that anything else seems to overtake the tub.....
 These hens and chicks have survived the Winter.....
The green crystals symbolize grass......

A Fairy Garden Solar Light......
 I am going to let the photos do the talking.....
 This Fairy House is a Solar House.....
 The blue crystals symbolize water......
 I hope you enjoyed seeing this Fairy Garden as much as I enjoy seeing it when sitting on the Patio....
We had 3 days of rain which did not do me any good because of my arthritis.....
We are finally going to have some sunny dry days at the end of the week so I hope I will feel a bit better......

Soon I will also be sharing my Gnome Fairy Garden in a Beverage Tub......
 So I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Weekend Blog Hop

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

21 comments:

  1. What a joy to visit today and admire your beautiful fairy garden. A real feast for the eyes, tkaing you into an enchanting land.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb. I always love seeing a fairy garden. They deserve the best! Your's is adorable and looks like the fairies are right at home. The squirrels did mine in a couple of years ago and I just haven't gotten it back together. I do have the fairy door, leading to their quiet place, but once the sun shines and reflects off of the little mirrors, they appear and dance their little hearts out. Thanks for your visit. This is how I have to answer everyone now but that's OK. What you saw of the summer porch is what you get! That was all of it, it is a little narrow and long, but I'm sure there will be parts of it displayed again over the summer. Speaking of magazine worthy, this same porch was featured on the cover of Country Sampler magazine last July when they did a story about the Cottage. That was before we painted it green however so it looks a little different now. Thanks again for your lovely visit and Happy Wednesday and hope your knee is on the mend...xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's good, Deb, Keep it up. A cane is a step forward!..Happy Weekend..xxoJudy

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed your fairy garden. I have made several simple ones. Several years ago, I hung my yard sale fairies from fish line from my front door rugosa rose bush (6-7' tall) and used a CD crate as a base for their tree house which had a table and chairs, etc. for them. Saved my knees! AND the fairies reminded you to walk a bit further away from the rose bush so the thorns missed your face!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      I love the idea of hanging fairies!! So cute!! Thanks so much for all your visits!! Your kind words always brighten my days and bring a smile to me face!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  4. Hello Debbie - what a sweet little garden! Thank you for stopping by to visit me at Vintage Mama's Cottage - I always find your posts to be so beautiful and inspirational. I'll be out and about later today visiting, and I'm planning to stop back to see how you made that pretty covered organizer box. I need to make one for my sewing room! Have a good weekend, Nina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fairy garden is really fairy. It's a great pleasure for my eyes. Thank you very much for being always so kind with me
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun idea, Debbie! Thanks so much for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your fairy gardens Debbie and seeing how've they grown and changed over the years with small new additions. It's always such a struggle trying to find plants that stay small enough for a fairy garden. Have you tried using herbs in one of yours? We've had quite a bit of success with thyme. It's leaves are small enough to still be in scale and you can use it when you make all those delicious dishes of yours too.

    P.S Sorry I've been a bit quiet, but you and your knee are always in my thoughts. I've been keeping track on your FB page <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute--fairy gardens are so fun! I hope your recovery is going smoothly, Debbie. Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well you know I love fairy gardens! Yours is adorable. I like the solar pieces. Glad to know you are doing well. We’re experiencing lots of rain too. I guess it’s tough on arthritis. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a lovely post and a joy to see your photographs.
    Your fairy garden is beautiful.

    Continued healing thoughts for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just adorable. Im wanting to make a fairy garden in my garden this summer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Claire,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!! I am glad that you enjoyed this post!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  12. Adorable, Debbie!!! Love fairy gardens and I am happy to feature your post for this week's Share Your Style #209. :)
    I need to make one of these... ;)

    Hugs,
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your fairy garden! It will be one of my features this Saturday at the Snickerdoodle link party!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your faitry garden Debbie, I would love to make one :) Thanks so much for sharing your post with us at Creative Mondays. Have a great weekend and we hope to see you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everything is so cute! I love the teapot house and the well. This makes me want to put my fairy garden back together! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really love this project it adds so much fun and beauty to your outdoor space. The solar light was a great idea to be sure to enjoy it at night too.
    Hope you are feeling well,
    Kippi

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...