I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, May 25, 2019

More Spring Blooms and a Surprise!!!!

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

As part of my Physical Therapy following my Knee Replacement Surgery, I have to walk for 10-15 minutes, 2-3 times a day, so I walk the sidewalk that runs in front of the row of 10 townhouses where I live or I walk in the parking lot in front of our townhouses........

When doing that, I decided to take a few pictures of some of the Spring Blooms in my neighbor's yards and update you on some of my own blooms......

But first, I want to Thank Shelley, over at Calypso in the Country, for choosing my post, Spring Blooms, from last week's Best of the Weekend Party!!!
Thanks so much, Shelley!!!

Please stop by and link up to this charming party!!

As I mentioned before, I want to share some lovely Spring Blooms in the yards of my neighbors......

2 doors down from us, on the end of our row of 10 townhouses, lives my neighbor, Maryann, who has this beautiful tree in her yard.......
My dear neighbor, Lynn, who lives 5 doors up from us, has this beautiful Rhododendron blooming in her front flower bed!!!!
She cut it back in the beginning of Spring and it still bloomed with this many flowers!!
 I LOVE the color!!

We have a slope in front of our townhouses and this is in front of my dear neighbor Elly's former house.......
Elly was the one who sparked my interest in planting perennials as she was always out, not only planting and working in her yard, but also in her next door neighbor Tom's yard, who lives alone.....
It was Elly who encouraged me to plant the Phlox on our slope and I am so glad that she did......
These are Dianthus and I am wondering now why I do not have any of these in my yard??????
I think I may just have to transplant some of these in my yard!!!

And this is my slope.......
 You can see that my Phlox are just about done blooming.....
 This is what it looked like when they were in full bloom......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

You can see that my Rhododendron is blooming......
Back up on the side walk that runs along our townhouses......
When I originally shared my Azaleas, it was supposed to rain for several days and I thought that heavy rain would knock the blooms off but that was not the case so here are a few more pictures of my Azaleas in full bloom before they started to finally lose their blooms.......
All the blooms on the white one, which is always the last one to bloom, opened up!!!!
Pretty, aren't they?????

And now to my Rhododendron........
Joe trimmed it back in the fall so there are not as many blooms as in past years......
But it is still quite pretty!!
And I mentioned a surprise in the Title of this post........

If you look through the opening below one of the blooms........
This is what you see!!!!!
A Morning Dove's Nest!!!!!
We are not sure if the eggs have hatched yet but enjoy watching Mamma and Papa Bird take their turns sitting in the nest!!!!
I will keep you posted on the babies!!!!

And another surprise was seeing this fly past my Living Room window as I sat on the sofa watching TV one afternoon!!!!
The Good Year Blimp!!!!
We are directly in the landing path of the local Airport so it is not uncommon for us to see the Blimp, Military planes and at times, Air Force One fly over our house when they visit our area!!!

I have not been able to get out and spend much time in our back yard as I am still a little leary of the brick walkways but I do want to share a few perennials that have bloomed back there...

 Not sure what this is called......
 Does anyone know if these are Bleeding Hearts?????
And my Hosta's under the one tree in the back yard, provide some nice color and do so well in the shade under the Tree............
I hope you enjoyed seeing some of the pretty Spring Blooms in my yard and in my neighbor's yards.....

And I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

33 comments:

  1. WOW,Wow and Wow!!!How stunning!With this flowertheraphy you will have a speedy recovery!Blessings!Your post made me swoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see your beautiful blooms I die with envy! So very wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of your flowers and your neighbors' are very pretty, Debbie! Your community could put on a beautiful flower garden show! I have phlox in my backyard and it's the best planting I've ever done! They put on a pretty show for spring and I love how they brighten up the whole yard! I wish they stayed for the whole summer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The climate where you live is amazing. Such large healthy plants. I have never seen anything like these, absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leanna,
      I live in Northeast Pa. Over the last decade, our climate here has been changing...more warmer than I can remember and more humid!! Over the past 5 years, we have had much more rain than I remember we ever had.
      Last year, we had the highest amount of rain fall in a single year ever!!! And this year, we are already in the running to have more rain fall than last year!!! I think it has changed the way our plants and flowers grow here. By the end of last year though many of my flowers were so water logged that they were starting to rot....Crazy weather, I guess!! Thanks so much for stopping by!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  5. So pleased you are out walking every day for your physical therapy.
    I loved seeing all of your photographs, the blooms are just stunning and such a lovely surprise to see the Morning Dove's Nest :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!! beautiful flowers. My Spring flowers are slow flowering here. My tulips haven't flowered yet. Only my Bethlehem Sage is in flowers. It must be nice to live in a warmer climate like you do. Take care. Thelma xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the flowers shown before the Hostas are Columbine. I have several varieties and love their interesting flowers ☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trina,
      Thanks so much for stopping by. I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am responding here. Thanks for helping me identify that perennial!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  8. Glad you are able to do your walk a few times a day. What a wonderful walk admiring these stunning blooms.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So many gorgeous blooms! That phlox looks so beautiful on the slope too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So wonderful to have so many lovely flowers to enjoy when you take your walks, good to hear you are coming along well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, Debbie! Such beautiful spring flowers. I had a big rhododendron in my prior home's front yard that I miss --it was the same color as your neighbors. Glad to hear you are up and walking well--keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Debbie! I think those flowers at the end of your post are Columbines. I have them in my garden and they reseed themselves, I have no idea where they came from :) but they are pretty.
    I always love checking out your garden and patio, it's super cute and you have great ideas!
    Abby- from Abby's Way or A Charmed Cottage...I can't decide!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Debbie...first of all, I hope you are back to all the things you love doing very soon! Second, I'm so sorry to hear about your hacked website...a blogger's nightmare. :(

    I love all of your photos! I saw your post on Tuesdays with a Twist and wanted to invite you to share your lovely post with us on Farm Fresh Tuesdays! Hope to see you there. :)

    https://www.theselfsufficienthomeacre.com/2019/05/farm-fresh-tuesdays-blog-hop-week-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your outdoor flowers and blooms posts have always been among my favorites to visit. I'd sit outside all spring if my view was like yours. And that sweet surprise of a birds nest! Wow. We have one in our propane tank opening but they are quite protective so we have not been able to get a picture. Hope you continue to heal quickly after your surgery.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shirley,
      I could not get in touch with you any other way so I am doing so here..Thanks so much for taking the time to stop by!! We used to have morning doves nest in one of the hanging baskets in our back patio but that has not been the case now for a few years so I was thrilled that we could watch this nest in our front yard.....
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  15. Love all the beautiful blooms. Had me swooning! Praying for complete healing dear lady. Hugs and blessings, Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your beautiful yard. Your slope is pretty even when it is not in bloom. I hope you are still doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Debbie your front yard is beautiful. In fact all your neighbours yards are gorgeous. It must be such a blessing to stay in a compex where everyone takes pride in their gardens. I do believe that little plant in your backyard is a Aquilegia (Columbine). They're part of the Ranuncula family and come in the most amazing mix of colors. We have a white and purpley/blue one and a yellow and red combo in our garden. If she's happy and hasn't been hybridized too much she'll self seed and give you lots of new babies when she's done flowering :D So good to hear that you're recovery well from your op too. Stay safe my friend and hope your knee continues healing well so you can clamber up those attic stairs again.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous blooms, Debbie!!! Glad your knee is doing well and that you are getting up and around. :) I think the flower you asked about is columbine. We had a lovely grove of them situated under a tree this spring here in Denton, Texas. They are sooo pretty and since moving from California, I am getting to see a whole world of plants I could never have grown there! Makes up for the wishy-washy roses I am still trying to perfect here in Texas, lol!!!

    Enjoying your azaleas and rhododendron with you, Will share as a feature for next week's Share Your Style #211.
    Barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful! We don't have that much blooming yet but I can see lots of buds getting ready to.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I enjoyed seeing everyone's flowers. It's been so slow here in Maine. Forsythia is pretty well gone by. Lilacs are coming and my crabapple tree is almost in bloom. Smiled when I saw your Columbine; if the flower fairies wear hats, I'm sure some of them are wearing columbine blossoms! Glad your knee rehab is going well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!!Our weather is crazy here....Last year was the wettest year on record here in NEPA and this year, we are already ahead of last year.... We had temps. in the 40's this morning and it is JUNE!!! Nuts!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  21. Your flowers are just lovely! Thanks for sharing at the Weekend Blog Hop at My Flagstaff Home. --Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  22. Debbie, your garden blooms are gorgeous! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Debbie, I love your flowers and I want to thank you for sharing at CYS. I loved your post so much that I featured it on my posting of the link party. Check it out on Monday at 8 pm at www.meandmycaptain.com.
    Hugs
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  24. So pretty, Debbie and I just love mourning doves. You are so lucky to have a nest! Thank you for sharing at Party In Your PJs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Debbie your blooms and your neighbors' are just delightful! I hope the weather is nice for you while everything is blooming. Thanks so much for sharing at TFT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank you for the beautiful garden tour, Debbie! We can grow a lot of the same flowers here in our Canadian hardy zone 3 but they never get as big and lush as those blooms. Gorgeous! What a lovely walk you get to enjoy while recovering from your surgery. I hope you are doing well in your recovery. 🤗

    ReplyDelete
  27. Boy you must get a lot of rain your flowers and bushes are amazing. The blooms are so big, wish I could grow like you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. All your flowers are gorgeous! Thanks for linking up to Best of the Weekend! You were one of my features! Congrats and have a great weekend!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...