I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Saturday, May 18, 2019

Past Patriotic Decorations and Crafts

   Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Since I am not able to decorate for the Patriotic Holidays of the Summer this year because of my Knee Replacement Surgery, I thought I would share past Patriotic decorations and a few Patriotic Crafts that I made over the years..........

But first, I want to Thank these hosts for featuring my post, Making Something Out of Nothing, from last week's parties!!

Thanks to Theresa, over at Shoestring Elegance, for featuring it from last week's Thursday Favorite Things Linky Party!!!
 Thanks again, Theresa!!

And I also want to Thank Liberty, over at B4 and Afters, for featuring it from last week's The Best of The Weekend Party!!
Thanks again, Liberty!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!

These are photos of my front porch decorated for the 4th of July last year.......
This is a wreath that I made......
In the house, I usually decorate 3 different Trees for the Patriotic Holidays.......

When you walk into the house......
This is something that I bought at an Estate Sale and embellished a bit......
I also decorated this LED Branch Tree......
A Patriotic arrangement that I made.....
In the hallway.....
Another wreath that I made......
I added a few vintage style tags that I bought on Ebay to 2 Dollar Tree tinsel decorations......
Back in the Living Room......
A deco mesh wreath that I made........
A few Patriotic plaques that I made......
The corner in the Living Room.......
Some Patriotic ornaments that I made and embellished.......
The 6 foot Tree in the Living Room.......
Underneath the Tree.....
A Thomas Kinkade picture.....
And the third Tree is on top of the TV Entertainment Center.....

And in the evening.......
I hope you enjoyed seeing my past Patriotic decorations and some of the crafts that I made......

I have now progressed to walking with a cane instead of the walker and was able to ride the bike doing full cycles in Physical Therapy so I am doing well as far as the knee goes.....

However, The surgery has kicked in an old condition that I once had......

About 10 - 15 years ago, I suffered from heel spurs on both heels, having them both injected 3 times and was told that I needed surgery....

Then at the suggestion of my sister, I started wearing backless shoes and amazingly, my problem with heel spurs went away.....

I guess with the disruption of the muscles and nerves during surgery, I am once again having an issue with plantar fascitis on the right heel on my operated leg.....

I am doing exercises prescribed by my Physical therapist for it and packing my heel in ice to help with the pain.....

It is starting to feel better and I hope it continues to do so because I really do not need this set back......

Otherwise, I am doing fine......

 I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
 Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. I really admire your love and pride for your Great country!Beautiful decoration!Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your show of Patriotism. The embellished ornaments are wonderful. Love the lit picture.
    Still coming along with the knee? Hope all is well with that.
    betsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did enjoy seeing your Patriotic decorations from last year - they do look good.

    Pleased you are recovering well, hope the problem with your right heel sorts itself out satisfactorily.
    Take care

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. USA!
    Glad your recovery is going well from your knee replacement. I also have issues with plantar fasciitis. My podiatrist suggested that ai trace the letters of the alphabet with my foot to stretch the muscles, tendons and ligaments in my foot and then to roll a frozen water bottle on the floor with the sole of my foot. There are other stretches he suggested like standing with your hands on the wall about 12-18 inched from the wall, feet about shoulder width apart, bend one knee and lean toward the wall - it stretches out the sole of your foot. That one is probably not good with your knee, but the tracing of the alphabet really helped me. Good luck with your recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your red, white, and blue decor made me feel more patriotic just looking at it! Hope your TKR recovery is coming along! I have a few RW&B things in the yard that I leave up thru 7/4. Working for the VA for 25 years gave me a MUCH better appreciation of patriotism. Have got all my RW&B T shirts ironed this week, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks again for stopping by!! I really miss being able to decorate for the Patriotic Holidays this Summer but I keep telling myself that because i had the surgery earlier than I originally had planned, I will be able to go all out with Fall, Halloween and Christmas decorating especially since I will not be working anymore!!! I hope you have a lovely Memorial Day weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Deb

      Delete
  6. Thank you for sharing at You're The Star Blog Hop,
    Have great weekend,
    Kippi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful home with so many lovely patriotic displays! I really love the sun bonnet girl! She is adorable! Thank you for sharing. I hope you feel better soon. I stretch my heels by standing with the ball of my foot on a ledge (I stand on my door stoop looking in, balancing on the balls of my feet, allowing my heels to stretch down below the ledge, then I stand on my toes higher, then repeat and stretch down, while holding onto the sides of the door opening). This one exercise has worked wonders for me, more than any other. You have to hold on to something while doing this, of course, but it keep my feet from getting Planter Fasciitis. I also wear shoes with arches most of the time and that helps tremendously (SAS shoes mostly). From one who has had it, it is not fun. Wishing you well!

    Many Hugs,

    Tiffany @ Teediddlydee

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty collection of patriotic decorations! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...