I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Thursday, May 23, 2019

4 Walls in the Kitchen, Part 3

Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

Over the past few weeks, I have been sharing my Kitchen in a series of posts called 4 Walls in the Kitchen where I am sharing each wall in my Kitchen......

In Part 1, I shared this wall in my Kitchen......
 Click HERE if you missed it......

In Part 2, I also shared another Wall in the Kitchen ......
 Click HERE if you missed that post.....

In today's post, I will be sharing this wall in my Kitchen......

But first I want to Thank Barb, over at French Ethereal, for featuring my post, This Year's Fairy Garden in a Galvanized Tub, from last week's Share Your Style Linky Party!!!!
Thanks so much, Barb!!

And I also want to Thank Stacey, over at Embracing Change, for featuring my post, Spring Blooms,
from last week's Creative Inspirations Party!!
Thanks again, Stacey!!

Please stop by and link up to these charming parties!!!!
 
The style of my Kitchen is eclectic for sure.......

I call it my French Country, Victorian, Vintage, Farm Style  Kitchen.......

I think it has elements of all the above styles making it MY STYLE!!!!

The Kitchen is painted a pale yellow and red so those are the colors that I love to decorate it with along with green and white......

This wall in the Kitchen shows just how little counter space that I actually have in this small Kitchen!!!
Let's take a look at the soffit first......
As in the previous posts, I mentioned that even though copper is now back in style, I have always had copper in my Kitchen.....
I bought these copper molds and plaques at yard sales and a church flea market......
Love the roses on this one.....
A pineapple on this one....
You may remember that I transformed this picture,,,,,,
Into this by using a place mat......
Click HERE if you missed this post.....
A heart......
And I adore this "Welcome Friends" copper plaque....
Other than the small area of counter over by the sink......
This is the only other area of counter space that I have in the Kitchen......
Hence, the reason why we had a counter bar built many years ago which you will see in the final installment of this series.....

Still going with a Rooster theme in the Kitchen for the Summer, I hung these Dollar Tree pot holders on the cabinet door handles.......
In this corner, is where I have the toaster and can opener.......
You can see that I have a copper leaf hanging on the back splash......
I do not care for the popular Keurig coffee maker.......

We have a Hamilton Beach Brew Station ( this is actually our second one as we have liked this model for a long time) where you hold a cup underneath and fill your cup up when you are ready to drink it...

And that leads me to my little Beverage Bar on this part of the counter......
As you can see, I do not have a lot of space so this is where I keep anything that is Beverage related......
I used to have Coca Cola Canisters that held Instant Coffee and Artificial Sweetener packets but I decided to change things a bit and donated them to Salvation Army awhile ago......
I hung a vintage tray on the back splash.......
I moved the 2 green canisters over here from another place in the Kitchen for the Instant Coffee and Artificial Sweetener packets.....
I bought these several years ago at The Christmas Tree Shop......
I like the vintage look to them......

The Coffee one matches 2 other ones that I bought at Michael' s and have on the other area of the counter......
The little red chalkboard was also bought at Michael's in one of the Dollar bins.....
A vintage style coaster that was my neighbor Elly's .....
Another Dollar Tree place mat......
A red bowl with a Rooster on it bought at Gabe's holds Coffee Creamers and a vintage green depression glass coaster......
A vintage green fiestaware sugar bowl holds sugar........
And a tea bag holder in the shape of a tea pot......
In the corner, is a mug tree that I painted red many, many years ago......
I hung a few mini Kitchen utensil ornaments on the mug tree......
It rests on a marble turn table which also was my neighbor Elly's.....
Along side the refrigerator.......
I hung this metal Coffee sign on the refrigerator with magnets!!
I painted this wood shelf using chalkboard paint several years ago......
On top of it is a vintage tea canister filled with tea bags.....
A vintage Cocoa bottle which holds Hot Chocolate mix......
And a vintage style Lipton Tea tin......
Enamelware pieces hold tea bags, tea strainers and flavored coffee packets.....
And also a vintage A&P Eight O'Clock Coffee Bank......
See the slot on the top of the tin!!

The enamelware and all the containers on top of the shelf were all my neighbor Elly's.....
She was definitely ahead of her time when it came to collecting things or maybe styles are just coming back In Style.......

So that is my little "Beverage Bar".......
And the last area of this "Wall" is the top of the refrigerator......
The "Copper" inserts in the cabinet doors on top of the refrigerator are actually the plastic panels that you would buy for lighting in drop ceilings that I spray painted copper......
I bought this black sign holder ( have no idea what else to call it) at Michael's and a ran off a photo that I found online to place inside of it....
I filled a vintage yellow enamelware coffee pot with a floral arrangement that I made.....
I also bought these cute little houses at Micheal's on Clearance last year......
The rooster was bought at Dollar Tree......
One of 2 vintage egg cups filled with faux eggs......
I bought this red tea pot lamp several years ago at The Christmas Tree Shop........

I covered a plain white lamp shade with a vintage dish towel and embellished it with red and green gimp and beads....
In the corner, hangs a bottle cap style clock......
I bought this at one of my favorite Decor stores, Country Folks......
A copper heart and a vintage green handled egg beater hangs in this corner.....
I hope you enjoyed seeing this Wall in my Kitchen......
Soon I will return with the final Wall in my Kitchen, ending this series on my Kitchen!!!

I hope to finally buy my annuals to plant in my pots this weekend.....

We had frost in a few areas just north of us last week.....

I hope to be able to share my front porch with you in my next post.......

I wish all of you a lovely Memorial Day weekend and that we all remember those who gave their lives for this Country which has ALWAYS been great!!

My Dad served in the Army during World War II as a Master Sergeant......
 My Mom and Dad......
This was an article that appeared in the local newspaper about the 5 Kolojejchick Brothers serving in World War II.......

 My Dad along with his 4 brothers all served in World War II and we were very lucky to have them all return home to their families.......

So as you celebrate the Holiday weekend, please think of those that served and still serve in our Military and also say a prayer for their families so that they return home safely to them.....

 I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
Friday Favorites
Home Matters Linky Party
Flaunt It Fridays
Weekend Blog Hop
 Funtastic Friday

 SATURDAY
Saturday Sparks
Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
Sundays at Home
Silver Pennies Sunday
Happiness is Homemade Linky Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday

 TUESDAY
Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays
Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party


Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

11 comments:

  1. From one Chicken Decor Lover to another, you may have exceeded me in the number of chickens you display!!! Your kitchen series has been fun to see and I learned something new when I saw your framed placemat. Adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the milk clock that you have. I am not sure if you read my post about my kitchen makeover, but I have a huge dairy sign over my stove and I am working a milk box into my décor as my grandfather was a milkman for many years and began delivering in a horse and buggy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have really enjoyed your kitchen wall series, I have just been catching up. What a delight to scroll up and down and admire so many of your wonderful things. It was a joy to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The teapot lamp is darling, and that clock is so cute! I have the same egg beater, plus other green handled utensils.
    Like you, my father served in the Army
    during WW II. And so did his brother who is buried in Luxemburg. My Mother's brother fought in France. God bless them all, and this country!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      I thank your family for their service...My mother's cousin was killed in WWII and his brother was a Prisoner of war but did make it home to his family...I hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. Lots of treasures here!Everything is Pretty!Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too have enjoyed your kitchen series, and I find myself scrolling up and down to make sure I've seen everything.

    My good wishes for the Memorial weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed your kitchen tour and learning a bit about your family. My grandfather served in WWI, my Dad in WWII, my ex during Vietnam. After working for the VA for 25 years, I definitely developed a better sense of patriotism!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy,
      Thanks again for stopping by!! Thank you so much for your family's service!!!
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  8. Debbie, you have so many cute canisters and tins! Thanks for sharing at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kitchen is so cute! I love all the chickens :)

    Thanks so much for sharing on Farm Fresh Tuesdays! I hope to see you again this week!

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...