I am a Victorian Soul, live in a small townhouse that was built in the mid 1970's, not a huge Mega Mansion, with my Hubby Joe, who is a Retired Letter Carrier. I worked night shift as an RN on a Hospital based Rehabilitation( Physical Medicine) Unit for 37 years before I had Knee Replacement Surgery and officially Retired in 2019 after 41 years working in Direct Patient Care ... I am LOVING Retirement!!!!

I DABBLE IN A BIT OF THIS AND THAT!!!!

" IT IS NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN"
George Eliot
George Eliot was actually a pen name for a woman named Mary Anne Evans......

BLOGGING FOR FUN AND FRIENDSHIP!!!!!!

Wednesday, May 8, 2019

4 Walls in the Kitchen, Part 2

  Welcome to Debbie-Dabble Blog!!
I am so happy you decided to stop by!!

In a previous post, I shared Part 1 of my Series on my Kitchen, 4 Walls in the Kitchen......
 Click HERE if you missed it......

As I mentioned in this post, I had been doing a few simple projects to "freshen" up my Kitchen.....

Nothing Big Time, but just a few little things......

First, I want to Thank Bev, over at Eclectic Red Barn, for featuring my post, A Little Dabbling in the Kitchen, from last week's Over the Moon Party!!
Thanks so much, Bev!!!

Please stop by and link up to this lovely party!!!

In today's post, I will be sharing the second wall in the Kitchen.....
 This wall was originally the back wall of our townhouse.......

And then we decided to make the patio off the back of our townhouse into another room, our Den!!

We did this close to 40 years ago.........

We took off the back door......
Above where the back door used to be......
A few Roosters on a old Home Interiors shelf.....
A vintage rooster and vaseline glass goblet....
I bought the rooster dish at Salvation Army......
Another vintage rooster and vasoline glass goblet.....
Mini Kitchen utensils and bowl ornaments hang from the shelf.....
In the corner by the stove......
 The red rooster plaque is also an old Home Interior item.....
Another vintage copper mold......

I bought this cutting board several years ago in Michael's......
Pot Holders bought at Dollar Tree......
In the corner on the floor by the stove......
A vintage apron hangs on a hook......
A new Rooster rug to match the others in the Kitchen, recently bought at Penney's......
Vintage rolling pins and mashers in a vintage Planter's Peanuts can.....
A Rooster rug beater is also displayed in the Planter's Peanuts can....
Dish towels from Wegman's and a vintage dish towel in the middle.....
Unlike the first wall I shared in the Kitchen which was purely for decorating. this wall is more utilitarian.....
The stove area.......
Above the stove.......
You may remember my restyled Kitchen Rooster Art......
Click HERE if you missed that post.....

I have a white stove as I am not a fan of stainless steel .......
Vintage pot holders hang above the stove .......
One of several sets of red, yellow and green dish towels.....
I have very little Kitchen counter space in this small Kitchen.....
Next to the stove.......
The pot holder is from Dollar Tree......
The " I know how to cook...I just don't" sign was bought at Gabes......
The yellow pitcher used to hold utensils was also bought at Gabes......
A vintage canning jar holds yellow, orange and white handled vintage forks, knives and spoons that were my neighbor Elly's......

A rooster cutting board that was bought at Wegman's......
I had too little cabinet space to put in a dishwasher but I do still have one........
His name is Joe........
Behind the red dish drainer is an antique wooden cheese box which I use to hold medications that we want handy......
When we made the patio into the Den, we took out the Kitchen window......
I love to decorate this area where the window used to be for different Seasons and Holidays......
On the soffit above where the window used to be.......
You may remember in a past post that I changed this sign bought when Red Lobster had a remodeling sale......
 In to this.........
Click HERE if you missed that post......
 On the sides of the "window"
  And you may also remember I made these......
I hung apple garland, a strand of red rose lights and 2 rooster ornaments.......
 My tea cup chandy that I made a few years ago........
 The glass shutters came from my neighbor Elly's house....
 Along with the vintage canning jars.....
 In the center.....
 This crackle glass hurricane votive was bought at Wegman's and is filled with battery operated fairy lights.....

The bottom of the pedestal that holds the crackle glass hurricane votive rests in a vintage loaf pan......
The sink area......
A bar of handmade soap is kept in a vintage Feistaware bowl.......
On the other side of the sink.......
Scrub pads in another vintage Fiestaware bowl......
These Sugar and Flour canisters were bought a few years ago in Michael's.....
The cookie jar was bought after Christmas on Clearance one year at Target......
The wire tea cup was gifted to me.......

Rooster dish towels from Dollar Tree and another rug form J.C. Penney's........
I hope you enjoyed seeing another wall in my Kitchen.....
Surgery Update:

I am getting stronger each day and am able to do some light housekeeping like running the sweeper and mopping the floors.......

Again, I want to THANK YOU for all your well wishes and prayers for my recovery after knee replacement surgery......

I truly appreciate it and am touched by all your care and concern....

 I hope you will stop by to visit again soon!!

Thanks to those who took the time out of their busy day to spend a little bit of time with me!!

If you do not have a blog, PLEASE  give me some way to reply to your comment, maybe by including your email in your comment.  If I can not find a way to reach you, I will reply on the post where you commented so please check back......

  I am linking up to these parties:

THURSDAY
Vintage Charm
Home and Garden Party Thursday
 Share Your Style Thursday Link Up Party
  Inspired Creations Linky Party
Thursday Favorite Things Blog Hop 
 Grace at Home Party
The Homemaking Party

FRIDAY
Friday Features Linky Party
  Feathered Nest Friday
 Funtastic Friday
 Friday Favorites
 Home Matters Linky Party
   Flaunt It Fridays
  Sweet Inspirations Link Party
Weekend Blog Hop

 SATURDAY
 Saturday Sparks
 Pink Saturday-Anything Goes!!
Best of the Weekend Party

SUNDAY
Snickerdoodle Sunday
 Sundays at Home
 Silver Pennies Sunday
 Happiness is Homemade Linky Party
The Fabulous Party

 MONDAY 
Inspire Me Monday
Inspiration Mondays
 Dishing It and Digging It Link Party
Busy Monday
Metamorphosis Monday
Little Cottage Link Party
Project Inspired Weekly Link Party
 Celebrate Your Story Monday Night Link Party! 
Make It Pretty Monday

 TUESDAY
 Tuesdays At Our Home
Inspire Me Tuesdays

Ducks in a Row Wonderful Wednesdays Blog Hop
Sizzle into Summer Party
Talk of the Town Party
Party in Your PJ's
Dream Create Inspire Link
 Waste Not Wednesday
Style Showcase
Wall to Wall DIY Wednesday Link Up Party

Please take some time to visit these terrific hosts and all those joining in on the fun!

12 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is charming and colorful!Love the pretty vintage pot holders!I am glad you get better each day!Keep your rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kitchen is beautiful. I love all the red. And the little sign..."I know how to cook. I just don't" Fits me perfectly. As always very beautiful. Keep healing..

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy to hear that you are recovering from surgery. Happy Mother's Day, Kippi

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I love your kitchen....and it such good news to read you're feeling better. Have a lovely Mother's Day!
    Blessings, Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda,
      Thanks so much for stopping by!!Thanks so much for your kind words on my Kitchen.... I am doing well as far as my surgery is concerned....Happy Mother's Day to you too...
      Hugs,
      Debbie

      Delete
  5. I am so sorry ....the time got away from me and I didn't realize that you had your surgery already. I am glad that you are doing well, I knew you would. Your kitchen looks lovely!
    My daughter had major surgery Tuesday and will be on short term disability for 8 weeks. She will miss nursing, but said she's going to enjoy the break. Have a blessed Mothers Day.....hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Debbie, oh you have such a bright and cheery looking kitchen. I am so glad that your recovery is going well. Wishing you a Happy Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your kitchen is so bright and colourful.
    Pleased that you are recovering well after your surgery.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such fun, Debbie! I enjoy these posts so much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your aprons! Thanks for sharing your kitchen at Vintage Charm!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the pop of colour in your kitchen Debbie. I am adding lots of red into mine at the minute. Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays :) Hope you can join us tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute kitchen. The shutters in the pass through are darling. The flour and sugar canisters have a perfect vintage look.

    ReplyDelete

I always love to read your comments and opinions!!
I will try to respond to your comment as quickly as I can either on your Blog, through an email address or here on the posts where you commented if I cannot find any other way to contact you!!
If you are a vendor and insist upon leaving a comment with a link back to a website, it will be deleted immediately as I check my comment several times a day!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...